14 team league

KFC_Macca

34 minutes ago, theauldyin said:

Budge has put her own club in this position, her failure to is rid of a clown of a manager sooner, now to try and save her skin and her own bad decisions she comes up with this AGAIN !! Some of these Jambo fans on the Terrace think they some sort of entitlement. Permanent reconstruction and Hearts going down or forget it !

I had the displeasure of sitting behind the Noel one on the train back to Glasgow after one of the games two seasons ago and to call him entitled doesn’t even begin to cover the opinions of that a***hole. 

In the last decade we’ve had two great opportunities to reconstruct and change our product to sell in a forever globalising market but both times Scottish football has shot itself in the foot. A bunch of squabbling out of touch dinosaurs in suits will always overlook the foundation of our game which is the fans. 

I thought the "temporary reconstruction" plan to help the Jambos avoid relegation had been well and truly kicked into touch a while back. How come it's back on the agenda again?

Either re-structure or don't. Temporary to save a particular team just doesn't do it for me.

Regarding Beakers's plan to exclude the Twisted Two, while I applaud his motives I fear the result of simple amputation is the beast would grow back in another form. We need to deal with the real problem which is how the money is divied up. Here's an idea, how about all 12 clubs get 1/12 of the net TV income regardless of league position. If you are playing well your stadiums are full and that should be enough of a financial reward. Giving the top clubs more TV money just makes the imbalance worse. If there was not a 12 team league there would be no TV deal.

What happens if in 2 years there bottom of the league again. Another 2 year reconstruction plan to save there skins again.  The biggest disgrace is the powers to be of Scottish Football are rudderless and incompetent in there dealing with the situation. 

1 hour ago, stewarty66 said:

Theses headlines sum it up really. 

It's all about Hearts. 

What an embarrassment. 

_20200527_090742.JPG

_20200527_090901.JPG

Hearts are becoming increasingly more like the Old Firm. Rangers were saying the exact same in 2012.

If Anne Budge wasn’t a coward and sacked Levein last season they wouldn’t be where the are now. She is to blame, no one else and certainly not a pandemic.

26 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Hearing Hearts, Aberdeen and both sides of the old firm are now pushing for this.

Didn’t billy say it would have to be permanent? And it would require 11 teams to agree? What benefits does it have for the likes of any of the above teams other than hearts

1 hour ago, cammy2012 said:

I was working in Edinburgh when Hearts were riding the crest of a wave under Burley.

They were being bankrolled by a convicted thief, fraudster and money launderer at the time, which takes the shine off the Burley era - if 16 games can even be described as an era!

12 minutes ago, Killie lad said:

Didn’t billy say it would have to be permanent? And it would require 11 teams to agree? What benefits does it have for the likes of any of the above teams other than hearts

BBC website says 9 prem teams would need to vote in favour. Mind you, believing the BBC is a bit of a step into the unknown...

Why don’t we just have a big massive league next season. Every team plays each other once. Neutral venues so no home advantage. Top 12 make up the Prem the following season. Next 12 the Championship and the other 18 make up League 1. The bottom two clubs from the big massive league can have a four team round robin tournament with the pyramid winners to decide that relegation.

3 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Hearing Hearts, Aberdeen and both sides of the old firm are now pushing for this.

I assume based on their projections that they will arrogantly budget to be  4 of the top 6 decided early on, and can then have a half season love-in with each other and not have to come see us diddies?

But we can all have lots of extra meaningless games to give us income  Cheers Grotbags.

I don't like the top 6 as is, but to split the league that early is nonsense.

It would basically prevent a late season form team from European qualification and any monies due from a higher league placing - which is made even more hypocritical given the basis of Budge's reason for this whole saga.

Why cant we just have a simple fecking league setup like just about every other country in the world?

Don't know why I'm actually asking, I know the answer....

Edited by dasboag

1 minute ago, Thirdwatch1965 said:

One huge league of all 42 league clubs. Play each other once, if you play say Elgin at home this season then you play them away next season.

Easy and it suits everyone.

An even better idea is drop to 40, let the bigot brothers play each other every week and Bobs yer uncle. 20 great awaydays and the league title awaits.

why would clubs vote for this temporary change, to effectively relegate three teams in two seasons time, if budge things this is for the better of scottish football then promote three teams fae championship & relegate hearts, oh wait this pish is only to save hearts,  if we vote for this then serious questions would need to be asked

4 minutes ago, trenwick said:

why would clubs vote for this temporary change, to effectively relegate three teams in two seasons time, if budge things this is for the better of scottish football then promote three teams fae championship & relegate hearts, oh wait this pish is only to save hearts,  if we vote for this then serious questions would need to be asked

Was bad enough when 3 teams went down when TB was manager and would not feel confident of us staying up the way the club is going at the moment too much of a risk for our club just to save a mismanaged team like Hearts