14 team league

KFC_Macca

Strikes me that the bottom eight in a fourteen team league are only playing to avoid relegation after the split. Why not have a playoff between the fourth team (or second Europa Cup qualifier) in the top six and the winner of the bottom eight to decide the last European place. That way the bottom eight have something to play for at the top of the post-split league as well as the bottom. 

10 minutes ago, theauldyin said:

Its a bribe pure and simple !! as for Dungcaster the quicker he goes the better he brings a big fat ZERO ! to the table . How much longer will this go on, the vote was made and those Jambo c**ts are down !!   

The trust gave more to the club at the start of the lockdown.

10 minutes ago, Riccarton Bluebell said:

I hope Killie vote against this. The big relegation can is only getting kicked down the road. This is not the time for reconstruction and certainly not just to please Anne Budge.

Agreed would not like to go through Easter Road experience when Tommy Burns kept us up

3 hours ago, trenwick said:

increase the league so that we play home and away and not one that panders to the bigots day oot for 4 games a season 

I would love a 16 team, 30 game season but unfortunately the clubs don't. 

Being in a 14 game long, post-split bottom 8 is about as appealing as a Parkhead pie (one of the few advantages of missing out on the top 6).

Edited by Fankle

See Budge is now wanting a 14 team league and has stated the other lower division teams can do what they like (I don't care attitude). Doncaster now saying a 14 team league could be for five years.  

They are trying anything they can to save Hearts from relegation.

45 minutes ago, GCM said:

See Budge is now wanting a 14 team league and has stated the other lower division teams can do what they like (I don't care attitude). Doncaster now saying a 14 team league could be for five years.  

They are trying anything they can to save Hearts from relegation.

They can f**k off, Hearts have been absolute dung for 2 years with shed loads of wonga spunked on useless foreign mercenaries managed by a bespeckled tosspot manager and DOG who hadn't a clue.

22 hours ago, Beaker71 said:

They can f**k off, Hearts have been absolute dung for 2 years with shed loads of wonga spunked on useless foreign mercenaries managed by a bespeckled tosspot manager and DOG who hadn't a clue.

I actually find it quite surprising that very few people have brought this up. Season 2018/19 they started incredibly, around September/October were 3 points clear top of the league. Then beginning of winter Naismith got injured and their form dropped off a cliff. Only an easy draw to the Scottish Cup final last season saved Levein's job for as long. They've been s**te for 18 months and fully deserve to be relegated. 

With all the different league proposals put forward to save Hearts (and none agreed), it was only a matter of time before it got even crazier.

Hibs and Hearts want to ground share at Murrayfield to enable them to get bigger crowds, as they will be able to social distance easier. (maybe we should try for Hampden)

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52938590

Now Rangers are back wanting them and Celtic to have a B team in the bottom League.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52941423

Seriously getting to the stage when I could give up on Scottish football.

We need to save Hearts from relegation as that would be unfair.

Saving them would be hugely unfair on Cove Rangers, but they don't matter do they? It's all about protecting the vulnerable lower leagues after all.

Why that has to involve Old Firm colt teams I don't know. A vote restructuring prize money more fairly would be simpler and cheaper.

It seems to me that proposals are only coming from clubs with self interest at heart. This one seems intent on widening the gap between Celtic, Rangers and the rest. Saving Hearts is a nice side effect for them.

I love your proposal but the Old Firm (and TV) want 4 matches per year.

You could have a 14-team league, play each other 3 times (39 games) and have a local derby as the 40th game giving the Old Firm their 4 matches and then you can have St. Mirren-Kilmarnock, Hamilton-Motherwell, Hibs-Hearts etc.  I'm not sure about a split (I don't know why we need a split) but I think a 14-team arrangement needs to be permanent and not 2 years or 5 years.

I'm indifferent about leagues below the Premier, but perhaps 12 in the Championship and 12 in League One?  I think 40 teams now is too many.

The Rangers proposal is pure self-interest and I hope we vote it down.

1 hour ago, GCM said:

With all the different league proposals put forward to save Hearts (and none agreed), it was only a matter of time before it got even crazier.

Hibs and Hearts want to ground share at Murrayfield to enable them to get bigger crowds, as they will be able to social distance easier. (maybe we should try for Hampden)

Now Rangers are back wanting them and Celtic to have a B team in the bottom League.

The last sentence sums it up for me.

2 hours ago, GCM said:

On the first point, I wonder if it would be possible to have a socially distant crowd at RP. No away support, and we use all four stands?

The colt teams can get so far to f**k. Self serving nonsense served up as “for the greater good”. Challenge Cup attendances between Rangers/Celtic colts and League 1 and 2 sides will tell you there’s zero appetite for it.   

I don't get this extending the league will make it better. We have had multiple goes at reconstruction from 10 to 12 and back to 12 with play offs and splits .What we have now is as good as it gets ,most teams have something to play for right through the season and a get out of jail card if you finish second bottom .As for the derbies it could bring ,Ayr brings nothing to the league bar a derbie with us .If you are going to have a record low crowd for a game imagine Ayr v Ross County or away to Hamilton.A decent Hearts or Hibs would bring just as many to Rugby Park as our next door neighbours .I think to many of our fans don't want to risk ever being relegated and increasing the league would suit them .Just do enough to stay in the league and play meaningless games with no pressure what's so ever for part of the season .

21 minutes ago, Fudger said:

The current play off system in Scotland is a joke. It has certainly benefited us but for me it is extremely unfair on the lower league teams and is therefore not a level playing field. 

Better than none or do you fancy a straight relegation for second bottom and the play off just involving the 3 championship clubs similar to England ? 

The SPFL are a total joke. Does anyone here have the remotest clue what has been "decided"? I know I fkn don't. That numbat Doncaster is getting £388k a year to preside over the most incompetent s**tshow this side of Westminster. Take your fkn old firm colts and ram them up your arse! And Mrs Budge take your bribes and share them with your new pals in the Championship.

An 18 and a 24 would do me - no split, no nonsense - its good enough for 99% of leagues around the world so why do we think were any better?

Spain have some absolute sh!te in their top league and we don't hear folk complaining about that 

Bin the league cup

Revisit the Scottish Cup to create a season-long tournament with a groups at the start - but with everyone in it - lets get some variation in who we play each year and get some guaranteed income for smaller teams.  After a first round though, straight knockout for several rounds to the final.

8 minutes ago, dasboag said:

An 18 and a 24 would do me - no split, no nonsense - its good enough for 99% of leagues around the world so why do we think were any better?

Spain have some absolute sh!te in their top league and we don't hear folk complaining about that 

Bin the league cup

Revisit the Scottish Cup to create a season-long tournament with a groups at the start - but with everyone in it - lets get some variation in who we play each year and get some guaranteed income for smaller teams.  After a first round though, straight knockout for several rounds to the final.

I agree with your 18 24 proposal but not binning the league cup as it deprives the smaller clubs , by 50% , the chance of a cup final win or appearance