14 team league

KFC_Macca

14 minutes ago, Clunk said:

So they need 11 spl clubs to vote this through  hibs are against it according  to hearts supporters  cant see stmirren or hamilton voting this through 

Don't see why clubs at the bottom of the division would be against it, another 2 teams away from the drop

hope this goes through.  We need a change as it is getting too repetitive  now.   Plus i dont actually think it is fair on hearts to be relegated.  We have to put ourselves in their position......if it was us we would all be up in arms that the season was cut short and we were going down.  It isnt right.  

23 minutes ago, posh79 said:

hope this goes through.  We need a change as it is getting too repetitive  now.   Plus i dont actually think it is fair on hearts to be relegated.  We have to put ourselves in their position......if it was us we would all be up in arms that the season was cut short and we were going down.  It isnt right.  

F**k them - they have been utter dross for a few seasons now and it wasn't a "big" club like them this whole subject wouldn't be up for discussion, never mind a vote

11 minutes ago, caltonkid said:

F**k them - they have been utter dross for a few seasons now and it wasn't a "big" club like them this whole subject wouldn't be up for discussion, never mind a vote

But it would be, that's why in in favour of this. The practicalities have overtaken the football fairness side. 

If League 1 and 2 can't play then it would be shameful for Scottish football to put all those folk out of work at clubs like Thistle and Falkirk on this basis. 

We desperately need to keep as much of the game going as we possibly can. If it wasn't this reconstruction the SPFL board would be having to do something anyway to keep teams going. 

If all the leagues were starting up on August 1st it's a different story. But we need to band together here. 

11 hours ago, Maverick11 said:

Not enough support for 14-10-10-10 either. It’s expected to go in the bin with the rest.

What a joke of an organisation it is? They can't agree on anything. Clearly the wrong setup is the voting structure. Every team is looking after their own self interest. They game is crying out for change but it will never happen. I would far rather have a setup like Uefa where the governing body would take on the clubs opinions but would make decisions on its own. 

How would you change the voting structure, Base it on season ticket sales, so the smaller clubs would be at a disadvantage and the Glasgow Two would easily outvote everyone or  suit the game to there needs, 

The reconstruction is soley based on saving Hearts they have been gash all season they deserve to face those consequences and be relegated. 

if reconstruction is for the better of the game in Scotland then why does it revert back to the same old after two seasons.

Teams near bottom are effectively voting for there own benefit in two years time when 3 go down, why would you vote for that, at least now you have a chance of survival where there is a bail out option of the playoff  

If you have a bad start to the season your condemned to bottom half of the league really early on in this set up. Why would a walk up fan want to come watch games that could be meaningless very early on? You could be 7th and in no danger of relegation with nearly half a season left. What would you be playing for. The 12 league has its issues but for me this is worse as the split is so early on.

22 minutes ago, Kanyon said:

If you have a bad start to the season your condemned to bottom half of the league really early on in this set up. Why would a walk up fan want to come watch games that could be meaningless very early on? You could be 7th and in no danger of relegation with nearly half a season left. What would you be playing for. The 12 league has its issues but for me this is worse as the split is so early on.

How can you have such a bad start you are condemned to bottom half early on but be comfortably 7th with no danger of relegation?

47 minutes ago, Prahakillie said:

How can you have such a bad start you are condemned to bottom half early on but be comfortably 7th with no danger of relegation?

Because I was talking about various scenarios that could happen. You could just miss out on top 6 and have nothing to play for or be bottom at the split go on a blinding run that propels you up the league but your stuck with nowhere to go. A split after 2 rounds is too early and is change for change sake so I’m against it I’d rather leave it alone.

I don't get this meaningless game issue. You get meaningless games in the 12 league setup and in every other league. This is why we don't develop our own players to sell on. Everyone is so scared of losing. 

I think people are also missing the point if Hearts are relegated and the vote for a permanent 14-10-10-10 is rejected they will have strengthened their case of compensation of £4-£6 million. This would be paid for out of next years prize money which would affect all the clubs.

I have no affection for Hearts or Partick but to relegate them without having played a full season is morally wrong. Sport is all about fairness or it isn't a sport at all.

Edited by kfc_superteam

Meaningless game talk is irrelevant.  You can get this in any season and in any league size and setup.  All.it takes is one team to be honking beyond belief and another to be not quite as s**te.  That's relegation sorted. Then you have 2.teams miles ahead of others and a few just behind  the rest are then playing dir pride.

Away and take yer face for a s**te with meaningless games pishtalk.