14 team league

KFC_Macca

Based on the "process" so far and the inability of Doncaster to take a decision without Mr Lawell or Mr King holding his clammy hand, I doubt this will be the end of it, but I think the likelihood of Hearts starting the new season in the top league has definitely receded.

6 minutes ago, stewarty66 said:

Hearts are part of the league .

Each club gets a vote.

They know the system and how it operates. 

It's tough on them but they're a victim of circumstances. 

Clubs voted to end last season and decided against reconstruction. 

Shut the f**k up Hearts and get on with it.

Stop pointing the finger at everyone else and go look in the mirror. 

You're going down because you've been s**t for over 18 months and Mrs Budge keeps appointing donkeys as managers.

This in a nutshell. Its unfair on them yes but like you said they are a victim of circumstances as well as their own doing. 

They want the rest of the leagues to damage themselves to save them. Wont be happening. 

As for the petulant way they have acted throughout. GET THE f**k DOON! 

8 minutes ago, DAN-MCNASTY said:

I think the league restructure would have been good.We would have had a bigger top league no one unfairly relegated an kelty and brora get a chance to move up.

Id rather we had a healthy debate throughout the year with a view to restructuring at a time when clubs arent facing massive operational changes. 

Come up with a set up that works for the many and not just what Hearts and Partick want. 

Totally agree with all the comments made.

I'll miss my away day to Tynecastle and my yearly overnight stay in the city with the troops.

I'll miss the three points they have been giving us.

I don't think it's fair that anyone gets relegated in the current situation.

However Hearts and Anne Budge deserve all they get. They've been garbage for over a year. They've won 4 games all season. She was supposed to be a wonderful business person but has spent too much money. She's made numerous poor decisions especially the Levein disaster. She's turned in to a bully and has now thrown her rattle out of her huge pram.

29 minutes ago, cammy_boy said:

Id rather we had a healthy debate throughout the year with a view to restructuring at a time when clubs arent facing massive operational changes. 

Come up with a set up that works for the many and not just what Hearts and Partick want. 

100% this. Restructure is something that should be seriously considered and thought out. We don’t want a plan written on a napkin just to protect certain clubs. When things settle down and self interest isn’t as apparent the we can put together groups to look at restructure. 

If and/or when any reconstruction takes place (which affects the number of teams in any league) it should be decided upon before the start of the following season, that stops any conspiracies theories that it is being carried out to save certain teams.

Every team would start the new season knowing what their outcome would be depending on their final league placing.

I told you this would end up in the courts. The only options were finish the season or call it void and start again. IMO the SPFL will get burned badly by this.

Its all very well to take the "we are a club and we can make our own rules and if anybody doesn't like the rules they can leave the club" defence but you are talking about a decision that will cost Hearts a considerable financial penalty and I suspect the courts may order the SPFL to financially recompense the Jambos for their losses.  

I don’t see it making it to court. IMO things will be settled before it gets that far. Going to court could be costly for all parties. For me there is no clear winner. Yes Hearts were hard done by but the results were decided by an open vote and they were afforded the chance to come up with a reconstruction plan. In other countries the decisions were made by government or the organisation rather than the members. 

As I’ve said all along I don’t think Budge is totally against Hearts going down. It gets the fans off her back and gives them an opportunity to get their house in order once again. They’ll be able to get rid of a lot of players they wouldn’t have in any other situation. Making it look as if they are fighting it just adds to the show. 

12 minutes ago, gdevoy said:

I told you this would end up in the courts. The only options were finish the season or call it void and start again. IMO the SPFL will get burned badly by this.

Its all very well to take the "we are a club and we can make our own rules and if anybody doesn't like the rules they can leave the club" defence but you are talking about a decision that will cost Hearts a considerable financial penalty and I suspect the courts may order the SPFL to financially recompense the Jambos for their losses.  

Hearts voted to end the prem season. They shouldn't have a leg to stand on

1 hour ago, gdevoy said:

Have a listen to the bbc podcast from today, Donald Findlay is superb, C Levein is a big baby and T English well no comment. The comment about Hearts loaning a player any time soon to clubs who voted against reconstruction defies belief. It’s a good listen.

3 hours ago, cammy_boy said:

The problem then is that folks will say "why change what is already working" when it clearly is not.

This was a chance to shake things up and the clubs bottled it.

The 40 teams could have stuck it to the Old Firm and gotten what they wanted but they all played the scared wee boys routine.

Terrified of a boycott by the Twisted Sisters fans.

Well I will not shed a tear when Celtic are lifting their 15th Premiership title in a row and the rest of the league are reduced to paying part-time wages.

There is money out there to be invested in a competitive league but for some reason here in Scotland we don't want that kind of nonsense. One horse race is what we crave.

f**king embarrassing. Sorry for the language but I am fuming at the short-sightedness of the teams.

8 minutes ago, Sandman396 said:

Well I will not shed a tear when Celtic are lifting their 15th Premiership title in a row and the rest of the league are reduced to paying part-time wages.

There is money out there to be invested in a competitive league but for some reason here in Scotland we don't want that kind of nonsense. One horse race is what we crave

I didn't read any proposals for a setup that would change that. 

12 hours ago, Scouser2 said:

Will miss the trips to tynecastle , but glad all eventually sorted after numerous attempts to force through a haphazard set up or 2....

Agree, Tynecastle is a cracking day out not to mention a guaranteed 6 points a season :P

I can't wait to experience the Tayside Constabulary hospitality once again mind :ph34r:

Edited by C4mmy31