14 team league

KFC_Macca

31 minutes ago, skygod said:

Partick Thistle now taking legal action after receiving guarantee of funding.

Probably from Hearts. If it’s a judicial review Hearts would benefit from the other “interested parties” being named on any challenge as it would add weight if they do have a case that all those in the same position are challenging. 

So what's the bottom line if Hearts and Thistle win this ? Hearts and Thistle's relegation annulled, 14-10-10-10 introduced as the only way to solve the problem, and the season delayed until the court case has been heard ? Only good thing would be Doncaster being removed for mishandling the whole shambles. 

26 minutes ago, Wrangodog said:

So what's the bottom line if Hearts and Thistle win this ? Hearts and Thistle's relegation annulled, 14-10-10-10 introduced as the only way to solve the problem, and the season delayed until the court case has been heard ? Only good thing would be Doncaster being removed for mishandling the whole shambles. 

Season null and voided would be my guess. All restructure ideas have been rejected by member clubs. If Hearts and Thistle stay up the likes of United would take legal action. 

29 minutes ago, Wrangodog said:

IF they somehow win , which still feel is a long shot....plus the legal process could take a considerable time ....and expense 

Probable only victory would be n terms of compensation payments .....cannot see it delaying season or forcing any league structure changes ....

Edited by Scouser2

50 minutes ago, Wrangodog said:

Or play the remaining games. Tic will never throw away their 9th title in a row. 
Also I don’t think a decision has been taken about the cup semi finals. 

Edited by historyman

1 hour ago, Wrangodog said:

So what's the bottom line if Hearts and Thistle win this ?

I think financial compensation in the form of a substantial parachute payment is the most likely outcome. I don't see how the courts can force the SPFL to finish the season if a new one has started and as has been pointed out other clubs will take them to court if the season is declared void.

Basically the SPFL has handled the whole thing badly. What a shocker.

1 hour ago, Wrangodog said:

They have as much chance of winning as we have of winning the Champions League. They have no case to put, and seem to be taking legal advice from a crooked estate agent. Tinpot. 

Edited by Blackislekillie

1 hour ago, piffer said:

Season null and voided would be my guess. All restructure ideas have been rejected by member clubs. If Hearts and Thistle stay up the likes of United would take legal action. 

Season null and void? Another Euro trip?!

On 6/15/2020 at 4:22 PM, gdevoy said:
1 minute ago, Ipkis said:

Season null and void? Another Euro trip?!

Only problem with that is that the, clubs including the Diet H**S, Thistle and Stranraer voted to end the season. But my thoughts on this embarrassment is this, so Thistle all sudden get funding from where ?. One being the late Tom Weirs family,  old Budge herself or who else has a score to settle mmmmmm aye the full blown H**S. They have already been slapped down. If Doncaster lost this he would be gone, so by backing  thistle anonymously they have lots to gain and remain in the background.

I reckon they will lose, but in taking this to court could have implications on the start of the league, and remember the player's are now back, so cannot be furloughed again. Its a total F**king mess !!!  

3 minutes ago, theauldyin said:

Only problem with that is that the, clubs including the Diet H**S, Thistle and Stranraer voted to end the season. But my thoughts on this embarrassment is this, so Thistle all sudden get funding from where ?. One being the late Tom Weirs family,  old Budge herself or who else has a score to settle mmmmmm aye the full blown H**S. They have already been slapped down. If Doncaster lost this he would be gone, so by backing  thistle anonymously they have lots to gain and remain in the background.

I reckon they will lose, but in taking this to court could have implications on the start of the league, and remember the player's are now back, so cannot be furloughed again. Its a total F**king mess !!!  

The talk on Twitter was that Anderson was funding it. 

Lest we forget The SPFL pulled a fast one to save Motherwell from relegation over the one promoted side Falkirk coming up from league 1 back in 2003......
 Had to do with Falkirk not having an all seater stadium and wanted to groundshare with Airdrie while one was built. 

On top of that Motherwell also entered administration for a couple of breaches, but those are still under some carpet In the SPFL somewhere.

Basically the SPFL normally get there own way, but this time, naw!

There may be trouble ahead O.o

As much as I don't care for either Hearts or Partick, relegating them is a scandalous decision. The whole point of sport is to make it is fair as possible. If the league can't be completed you cannot relegate or indeed promote a team. For example supposing the league was binned after 5 games and we were bottom but we had played Rangers, Celtic, Aberdeen,  Hibs and Motherwell but St Mirren had played Hamilton, St Johnstone,  Ross County, Livi and Hearts and had one point more. Even though we are further into the league the same principle still applys ..not every team has played every team the same amount of times so how can you compare this.

I actually hope that Hearts and Thistle win their legal challenge as it is morally wrong what is happening. 

As predicted this is just going to go on and on and on and on until it is agreed that Hearts have not , in fact, been relegated. Despite being absolute dung and finishing bottom. If SevCo can use it as an opportunity to have the season made null and void so that Sellick didny win they will certaily do all within their power to do that as well. Shocking self interest meets shocking incompetence - kind of like Terminator vs Aliens but more s**t. 

20 minutes ago, theauldyin said:

Tom Weir was the outdoor man, Colin was the lottery millionaire. 

31 minutes ago, theauldyin said:

What I don’t understand is if clubs can start a new season behind closed doors on 1st August why can’t they finish the old season behind closed doors from the 1st August.

As the championship season isn’t going to start until October that easily gives enough time to play the 8 or 9 games and the play offs to determine who is relegated. Just scrap the league cup for a season which I’m sure must be going to happen anyway. 

8 minutes ago, historyman said:

What I don’t understand is if clubs can start a new season behind closed doors on 1st August why can’t they finish the old season behind closed doors from the 1st August.

As the championship season isn’t going to start until October that easily gives enough time to play the 8 or 9 games and the play offs to determine who is relegated. Just scrap the league cup for a season which I’m sure must be going to happen anyway. 

Wasn't it because we couldn't afford to wait for the prize money dispersal? You'd be finishing the season with about half the teams that started it. Ending the league allowed the full 7 million to be paid out. 

12 minutes ago, historyman said:

If that were to happen, Hearts would just throw money at players to get them out the relegation place......

9 minutes ago, historyman said:

God knows ! One thing I agree with is that change to needed at the top, the sorry chapter started with the Dundee vote, and went rapidly downhill. Either way Doncaster has overseen the Mess !