14 team league

KFC_Macca

2 minutes ago, Pompey Exile said:

Where did they get 8 million from? This just them blatantly trying to cover their financial mismanagement?

The increase in cost of their new stand? Was supposed to have been 12mil. Went up to 20ish mil. No?

2 hours ago, Zorro said:

We should consider selling Hearts our league place for £8 million. 

Said same thing. Relegate us now for £8m please. I'm sure with that cash we could retain our first team, get up in one season and still have around £6m left over

52 minutes ago, CB said:

The increase in cost of their new stand? Was supposed to have been 12mil. Went up to 20ish mil. No?

Being a bit kind there CB!

Went from £12m, to in excess of £22.5m - before covid, lockdown etc etc..

Hearts owner Ann Budge confirms final bill for new main stand to reach £22.5m

Alan Temple (THE SUN) 4th Jan 2020

ANN BUDGE has confirmed the final bill for Hearts’ new main stand is likely to reach a whopping £22.5 million — almost DOUBLE the original budget for the project.

The Jambos owner is close to giving the green light for the final phase of development, which will see the second floor of the structure completed.

Budge is loath to ‘push the button’ until all the money is in place for the nine-month build but, depending on when the builders move in at Tynecastle, the stand will be fully operational by late this year or in early 2021.

And while it will afford the Gorgie club further revenue  streams through hospitality and commercial avenues, Budge has confirmed  it will set them back another £1.5m.

The Tynecastle Redevelopment Fund has already cost £21 million —  despite Budge’s initial estimates coming in at a more modest £12 million.

And Budge said: “We still have one more floor of the main stand to finish and we have looked at several different plans.

“I’m ready to press the button on the option I believe we will go with, but we need to ensure we have the money because we don’t spend what we don’t have.

“It is vital we finish it to the same standard  as the rest of the stand.

“I would have liked to have pressed the button in January but, with everything else that has gone on, I can’t see that happening  before the end of the season.

“But hopefully we will complete the second floor during 2020 and that will  give us  another major source of income.”

Edited by RAG

Relegating Hearts in this manner is unfair..... on all of us missing out watching them royally f**k their season up themselves.

They've been absolutely s**te for 2 years,  have spunked god knows how much on diddies and still feel entitled enough to demand reconstruction in order to save them from a well deserved fate.

A fate mr no strikers and budge have mismanaged them into.

Thistle no better,  bellend calderwood was clearly out of his depth and the board let it continue.

f**k both of them.

Its not just the fans who are thinking could we not just expel these muppets......

Hearts and Partick Thistle provoked a furious backlash after demanding a £10million relegation pay-off from the rest of Scotland’s clubs – or they’ll legally block the start of next season.

Record Sport understands some of the country’s leading clubs are so outraged by the enormity of the compensation claim they would consider backing any call for the two clubs to be expelled entirely from the senior league set-up.

We told this week how the Tynecastle club formed an M8 alliance with the Firhill outfit to drag the game into the courts over their demotions as a result of the Covid-19 lockdown.

And they made their move on Wednesday by going to the Court of Session to start proceedings – while threatening to hit the Premiership with an interdict that would prevent the season opening on August 1.

A legal letter was also sent to SPFL chief executive Neil Doncaster in which they demanded unless all promotion and relegation from season 2019-20 be reversed Hearts should be weighed in with an £8m parachute with Thistle given a further £2m.

We can also reveal lawyers letters were sent out to clubs all over the country including three who won promotion last season – Dundee United, Raith Rovers and Cove – outlining potential legal action.

One senior top-flight chief executive said last night: “The £10m claim from Hearts and Thistle is outrageous. If they were to be awarded that sum then there are a number of Premier League clubs who would risk going under.

At a time when Scottish football is on its knees as a result of the pandemic they are effectively threatening to bury it.”

Another chairman added: “I’m not sure what the rule book says about expelling member clubs and I hope it wouldn’t get to that stage but it’s no wonder clubs are angry enough to be talking of the possibility.”

One CEO from the Championship added: “They are holding a gun to the head of Scottish football. Perhaps one of us may have to suggest to Doncaster they are kicked out of the league and Kelty Hearts and Brora are brought in.”

But Hearts believe they are fighting for justice. A source said: “An interdict is the last resort but nothing has been taken off the table.

“It could be launched to prevent the start of the new league season or even freeze the sums that could fall due from the SPFL if court action is successful. It would cause devastation but don’t pin the blame on Hearts and Thistle.

“They bent over backwards to work with others and were rejected.”

It’s understood the legal case is being led by David Thomson QC, who represented the Jags in an unsuccessful court bid against the SPL in 2004. He failed to persuade Lord Brodie to award an interdict that would’ve prevented their relegation.

But Hearts believe they are fighting for justice. A source said: “An interdict is the last resort but nothing has been taken off the table.

“It could be launched to prevent the start of the new league season or even freeze the sums that could fall due from the SPFL if court action is successful. It would cause devastation but don’t pin the blame on Hearts and Thistle.

“They bent over backwards to work with others and were rejected.”

In a joint statement Hearts and Thistle said they’d lodged a petition with the Court of Session “to challenge the unfair and unjust decision of the SPFL” and had been left with “no other option”.

It added: “Our petition does not seek to set aside or unravel fee payments made to clubs, nor declaration of champions, or nomination of clubs who will participate in European competition.

“Instead, the petition primarily seeks to reduce the unfair resolution insofar as it changed the SPFL’s rules on promotion and relegation. If that remedy is not granted by the Court we seek, the alternative awards of compensation ...”

They have not asked the Court to grant an interim interdict that would prevent the season’s start on August 1 but “reserve our right to do so”.

The Court granted a motion to reduce the period within which the SPFL must answer to seven days. And an SPFL spokesman said: “We are studying this carefully, along with our legal advisers”.

Edited by C4mmy31

Have any of the League One or Two clubs in England not accepted their decision to end the season  ? I would not give in to these two, all along the Budge agenda has been to save Hearts with every attempt at reconstruction guaranteeing that they remain in the top flight.

I can see Doncaster caving in to their demands. 

Edited by Wrangodog
Added sentence

In the end only the lawyers will really win out of all this......even if there is some kind of token compensation judgement...but it has acted as a deflection for other issues at hearts

Budge was coming in for a fair bit of flak from hertz fans during thier woeful season , for some very poor football Appointment decisions , they had a huge Underperforming playing squad on high wages..and likes of sticking with her pal Levein holding on in the background for so long.......

Hearts are a horrible club with horrible, entitled fans. 

Aside from missing a good away day and certain 3 points I'm quite happy to see the back of them. 

They seem to have access to far more cash than almost everyone else yet have still managed to make an absolute mess of it.

GET DOON!

2 hours ago, Garvis said:

When This is all over i can see Hearts and Partick Forming their own wee break away league where they play each other home or away every week. hahaha

I could actually imagine rangers joining them so they could claim Celtics 10 in a row next season doesn’t count because they’d left the competition. 

Just now, Zorro said:

I could actually imagine rangers joining them so they could claim Celtics 10 in a row next season doesn’t count because they’d left the competition. 

Sad thing is this is exactly how the morons mind works.  And their equally ironic shower of bigoted wingnust who follow follow them will lap it up and actually beleive it.

I still get asked by more than one current, when I ppont out that its THE Rangers and not Glasgow Rangers as the latter was liquidated... "each you sent beleive that we died???  You're obviously some sort of deluded tim"

These clowns actually don't accept facts, and come out with its the same club just a different company....  aye and if your aunty had balls she would be your Uncle.  Absolutely delusional aeseholes.

This whole thing has been taken to the next level. If it wasn't for Budges poor decisions her club may still be in the top flight.

She appointed the wrong guy as manager plus they've 30 games to avoid being bottom of the table. Their fault not the league. Demanding cash for their many reconstruction plans were denied by clubs is just plain wrong.

This could get even more interesting further down the line if any action were to be taken against Hearts & Thistle by the governing bodies.....

Neil Doncaster has been appointed to UEFA disiplinary committee, thou, he is excused from Scottish matters, I'm sure he will have the ear of some of his colleagues.

RAGING Hearts have launched a court action to stop Dundee United, Raith Rovers and Cove Rangers being promoted.

SunSport can reveal the contents of individual letters sent to the Championship, League One and League Two winners this week - and it’s a desperate bid to scrap promotion.

Tynecastle chairman Ann Budge launched a legal petition at the Court of Session against the SPFL and part of her action includes blocking teams moving up and down leagues this season.

With the prospect of restructuring the leagues now dead and Budge's 14-team Premiership plan up in flames, their only option for remaining in the top flight is to keep others down.

While Budge said in a club statement on Wednesday that: “For clarity, our petition does not seek to set aside or unravel the fee payments made to clubs, nor indeed the declaration of Champions, or the nomination of clubs who will participate in European competition.”

But, curiously, she omitted to mention that while naming United, Raith and Cove as league winners and giving them the prize money involved isn’t part of her case - denying them promotion IS.

Her joint legal move with Partick Thistle - which is set to claim up to £10 million in damages if the SPFL resolution to end the season the way it was is not overturned - had already provoked fury among fellow clubs.

Budge has maintained she only wants fairness all along - but that’s not how the three clubs who were named in her writ see it now.

The trio have all been in contact with the SPFL about the matter and are waiting for legal guidance from their QC and advisers before deciding their way forward.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/5716731/hearts-court-action-dundee-united-promoted/amp/?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter&__twitter_impression=true