14 team league

KFC_Macca

8 minutes ago, kfc_superteam said:

RAGING Hearts have launched a court action to stop Dundee United, Raith Rovers and Cove Rangers being promoted.

SunSport can reveal the contents of individual letters sent to the Championship, League One and League Two winners this week - and it’s a desperate bid to scrap promotion.

Tynecastle chairman Ann Budge launched a legal petition at the Court of Session against the SPFL and part of her action includes blocking teams moving up and down leagues this season.

With the prospect of restructuring the leagues now dead and Budge's 14-team Premiership plan up in flames, their only option for remaining in the top flight is to keep others down.

While Budge said in a club statement on Wednesday that: “For clarity, our petition does not seek to set aside or unravel the fee payments made to clubs, nor indeed the declaration of Champions, or the nomination of clubs who will participate in European competition.”

But, curiously, she omitted to mention that while naming United, Raith and Cove as league winners and giving them the prize money involved isn’t part of her case - denying them promotion IS.

Her joint legal move with Partick Thistle - which is set to claim up to £10 million in damages if the SPFL resolution to end the season the way it was is not overturned - had already provoked fury among fellow clubs.

Budge has maintained she only wants fairness all along - but that’s not how the three clubs who were named in her writ see it now.

The trio have all been in contact with the SPFL about the matter and are waiting for legal guidance from their QC and advisers before deciding their way forward.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/5716731/hearts-court-action-dundee-united-promoted/amp/?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter&__twitter_impression=true

TICK-TOCK !! Kick oot time draws nearer !

20 minutes ago, kfc_superteam said:

RAGING Hearts have launched a court action to stop Dundee United, Raith Rovers and Cove Rangers being promoted.

SunSport can reveal the contents of individual letters sent to the Championship, League One and League Two winners this week - and it’s a desperate bid to scrap promotion.

Tynecastle chairman Ann Budge launched a legal petition at the Court of Session against the SPFL and part of her action includes blocking teams moving up and down leagues this season.

With the prospect of restructuring the leagues now dead and Budge's 14-team Premiership plan up in flames, their only option for remaining in the top flight is to keep others down.

While Budge said in a club statement on Wednesday that: “For clarity, our petition does not seek to set aside or unravel the fee payments made to clubs, nor indeed the declaration of Champions, or the nomination of clubs who will participate in European competition.”

But, curiously, she omitted to mention that while naming United, Raith and Cove as league winners and giving them the prize money involved isn’t part of her case - denying them promotion IS.

Her joint legal move with Partick Thistle - which is set to claim up to £10 million in damages if the SPFL resolution to end the season the way it was is not overturned - had already provoked fury among fellow clubs.

Budge has maintained she only wants fairness all along - but that’s not how the three clubs who were named in her writ see it now.

The trio have all been in contact with the SPFL about the matter and are waiting for legal guidance from their QC and advisers before deciding their way forward.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/5716731/hearts-court-action-dundee-united-promoted/amp/?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter&__twitter_impression=true

She wants fairness. My arse.

Requesting 10 million in compensation doesn't sound fair.

If she wants fairness her team played s**te throughout the season and have been deservedly relegated.

I'm actually with Hearts and Thistle on this one. League should have been expanded as games weren't completed. All other clubs were pretty much 'stuff you we are fine', 'go take your medicine', 'you weren't that good this season so would probably go down anyway'. Basically they didn't want to lose out on a percentage of prize money, tv money. Well they are going to lose out on a lot more now. 

Dundee Utd, Raith and Cove haven't completed a full season so shouldn't be given promotion at the expenses of these other clubs. In fact Dundee Utd were against league reconstruction. 

Ultimately its about doing the right thing and the other clubs were just being awkward and short sighted. The spfl is unique in that all the clubs decide things and vote. No other league operates like this and is why we are going backwards. 

Just now, kfc_superteam said:

I'm actually with Hearts and Thistle on this one. League should have been expanded as games weren't completed. All other clubs were pretty much 'stuff you we are fine', 'go take your medicine', 'you weren't that good this season so would probably go down anyway'. Basically they didn't want to lose out on a percentage of prize money, tv money. Well they are going to lose out on a lot more now. 

Dundee Utd, Raith and Cove haven't completed a full season so shouldn't be given promotion at the expenses of these other clubs. In fact Dundee Utd were against league reconstruction. 

Ultimately its about doing the right thing and the other clubs were just being awkward and short sighted. The spfl is unique in that all the clubs decide things and vote. No other league operates like this and is why we are going backwards. 

Sorry I disagree with you a little bit but Hearts blew it with their take on reconstruction which showed them for what they are, they weren't care about anyone else apart from themselves. 

Wee Budge has made a right mess up there and as the old saying goes "You reap what you sow".

53 minutes ago, kfc_superteam said:

I have some sympathy with Partick, but none whatsoever with Hearts. They stated that no club should be at a disadvantage due to Covid yet their reconstruction plans would have seen many clubs at a disadvantage. 

For example, if temporary reconstruction this was only postponing the disadvantage to a few years down the line when more clubs than usual would have been relegated. They also initially proposed a 14-14-14 which would have seen some League 1 clubs finding themselves in the lowest tier of Scottish football and potentially one season away from relegation outside the SPFL. If they had initially came in with a 14-10-10-10 structure which would have been a fair enough outcome for all member clubs then maybe their reconstruction  plans would have went through. Instead it was a last resort and most clubs seen through this. 

Hearts only have themselves to blame and thoroughly deserve their relegation the the Championship. Moaning about unfairness and other clubs not acting in the best interests of Scottish football is laughable. Even more so now they want £10mil in compensation!!!

1 hour ago, kfc_superteam said:

The spfl is unique in that all the clubs decide things and vote. No other league operates like this and is why we are going backwards. 

In England there has been votes at plenty of stages of their process, the EFL voted to end the season early but to still do their playoffs. I don't hear the same outcry down south about the process being unjust and unfair.

Hearts are trying to put the s**tters up the SPFL and clubs by claiming £8m in compo, putting it out there that jobs will be lost etc, any club who went down would have to readjust and sort out their finances. They would be ok if it was Accies, Ross Co or Killie staff losing their jobs as long as it's not Hearts.

Screw demotion, kick them out the league!

1 hour ago, kfc_superteam said:

They voted to end the season early. Now they don't like the outcome and are demanding £8m. They're a horrible f**king club with a horrible bitter wee owner and they deserve everything they get. 

50 minutes ago, kfc_superteam said:

Sorry when budge was part of the SPFL board not once did she ask for reconstruction, a unanimous vote to end the season her club being one was carried. Then she starts proposing reconstruction saying she was going to consult with the member clubs, and made a total arse of that as Donald Findlay eluded.

Three times each proposal was voted down, to say that clubs were acting out of self interest is correct, why should a club like ours risk putting our selves at more risk of relegation and less money all to save Hearts, who did not like the result of the votes. Now we have them wanting a crazy sum of 8 million pounds for finishing bottom of the league, in which the winner  Celtic receives 3.5million. Not only that they are quite happy in crowning Celtic Champions but want to deny three other clubs promotion.

Ann Budge has dug her own hole, now she wants every other club to pay for it.    

11 minutes ago, kfc_superteam said:

They are but you don't get this carry on! 

Every major league I can think of operates in the same way, with the clubs voting on motions which affect the leagues.

Their decisions might have to be ratified by the governing body, but decisions are made by the clubs.

So where are these dictatorships?

10 hours ago, RAG said:

I suspect FIFA will take a very dim view of a top flight club in any league, going to court to stop promotion in the lower divisions.  

The FIFA president was at the opening of the new Cove Stadium.

Infantino.png?w=width

Love the fact that the FIFA president gets wee steak pies and sandwiches along with everyone else 

2 hours ago, kfc_superteam said:

I agree with you that is unfair on the clubs going down (and on those not coming up who potentially could have - although for some reason this is never mentioned). Finishing the league programme would have been the best outcome but as the clubs voted not to do this then I don't understand what the hell Hearts are doing.
They know the terms of membership of the league and are completely flouting them. They are going to make themselves a real enemy of the SPFL and all of the other clubs. They need to drop it, move on and put a team on the park to win promotion next year. They are behaving like a spoilt child now.

3 hours ago, kfc_superteam said:

Hearts have utterly embarrassed themselves but I agree with you. Reconstruction to 14-10-10-10 should have been imposed on the league without a vote taking place.

There is no doubt there is a degree of unfairness in a team being relegated when they still had scope in remaining games to fight back, recover their form and climb to a position of safety by the end of the season. In Hearts case, I very much doubt that they would have done so.

My main thought however is to visualise how Hearts would currently be behaving in the event it was St Mirren, Ross County, Motherwell or Killie that found themselves in the Hearts predicament. THEY WOULDN'T BE SHOUTING FOR RECONSTRUCTION OR ANY OTHER ACTION TO SAVE THESE TEAMS.  I suspect the Kilmarnock board have voted against reconstruction along with the majority of the Premier teams and have done so out of self preservation. It's a harsh world and any other course of action by us would have been very philanthropic but probably stupid.

Sad to see them going down because we usually beat them but through time they will be back, unless they bankrupt themselves incurring legal costs and reforming as Sevco 2 ( Edinburgh ) Ltd. 

2 minutes ago, zinger said:

My main thought however is to visualise how Hearts would currently be behaving in the event it was St Mirren, Ross County, Motherwell or Killie that found themselves in the Hearts predicament. THEY WOULDN'T BE SHOUTING FOR RECONSTRUCTION OR ANY OTHER ACTION TO SAVE THESE TEAMS.  I suspect the Kilmarnock board have voted against reconstruction along with the majority of the Premier teams and have done so out of self preservation. It's a harsh world and any other course of action by us would have been very philanthropic but probably stupid.

Spot on. And Bowie said he'd only support if it was permanent so i suspect he rejected all of them till the last one 

Edited by Pride_of_ayrshire

I still think that they jumped the gun too soon on ending the season. They could have waited to see what the situation was by late June/early July and then try to play out the remaining 9 games behind closed doors-have a short break and start the new season in late August. One of the main reasons being that I reckoned Hearts were the sort of club to try to drag it to court, and risk delaying the start of any new season.

There is no way they could do a U turn now though, and play out the remaining games, as it would only be done to suit, or at best two clubs. Agree that if it had been St.Mirren, County or ourselves in 12th place that Hearts would be one of the first to say 'get on with it'.

Don't see Hearts winning their case, though they could end up with compensation (though nothing like £10 million). Other problem now is that they probably have a right of appeal after losing the case which could drag the whole thing on for even longer.

At what stage can the SPFL claim that Hearts agree hurting the finances of all member clubs by taking it through the courts and act to kick them out of the League altogether. 

Edited by Jedi2

Save a lot of time and money throw them out the league now.

Member clubs voted to end the league early, member clubs agreed how to finalise placings, member clubs voted not to have league reconstruction, why should two clubs hold others to ransom.

2 hours ago, Jedi2 said:

At what stage can the SPFL claim that Hearts agree hurting the finances of all member clubs by taking it through the courts and act to kick them out of the League altogether.....

Other problem now is that they probably have a right of appeal after losing the case which could drag the whole thing on for even longer.

Unless they have breached some SPFL rules, I don't see how they can be expelled for exercising a legal right.

The SPFL rules do contain an Inquiries, Commissions, Adjudications and Appeals section which probably says that all disputes will be adjudicated upon by the board, whose decision is final (sorry - can't be bothered reading it!).

If the case proceeded to trial, they would have a right of appeal but only if they can show that there was an error of law in the judgement. 

It's not like they lose and have a second bite at the cherry.

Edited by skygod