14 team league

KFC_Macca

2 hours ago, Pride_of_ayrshire said:

With everyone mentioning more derbies if the league extended to 16 their would be 8 derbies rather than 3 currently;

Ayrshire derby 

Dundee derby 

Edinburgh derby 

Highland derby 

Lanarkshire derby 

Old firm 

Tayside derby-St Johnstone vs Dundee(and United)

North derby- ICT vs Aberdeen 

We can’t manufacture derbies though for more than the first season, relegation will take its own course in that - Ayr, Dundee & ICT for example may not maintain top league status past May 2021. 

14 team league might have traction, but not based on f**king Dundee of all teams holding the balance of power over everyone. 

I've pushed 14 teams with a 6/8 split for years but I still doubt it will happen ... or any reconstruction for that matter.

Totally against the suggestion that there is no relegation as well ... finish bottom then you deserve to go down or at the very least a playoff.  It is only because it is a city team that it is being spoken about ... if it was us, Hamilton, StMirren then we'd be told not to slam the door on the way out.

2 hours ago, chubbs said:

Totally against the suggestion that there is no relegation as well ... finish bottom then you deserve to go down or at the very least a playoff.  It is only because it is a city team that it is being spoken about ... if it was us, Hamilton, StMirren then we'd be told not to slam the door on the way out.

But they are not FINISHING bottom are they? You can't start a competition and then change the rules part of the way through it. This isn't just about saving Hearts, it's about saving Scottish football, but as usual it comes down to personal preferences. No one needs to get relegated. No one needs to miss out on promotion, in fact a few more could come up. We have the chance to sort out a competitive league, things would be much tighter if everyone only played Celtic once and home and once away. Couldn't care less about the split, its a false dawn for most clubs and difficult for anyone to make plans around, play 30 games and pad the rest of the season out with Saturday cup games as mentioned above. Get creative and do what is best for the game, not what is best for any particular club. And tough s**t if the TV company wants four old firm games, we managed without it very recently for a few years and with a more competitive league there will be more games that become attractive. Get the fans wanting to go to the games first and foremost, the current format is a total bore.

9 minutes ago, Culley159 said:

But they are not FINISHING bottom are they? You can't start a competition and then change the rules part of the way through it. This isn't just about saving Hearts, it's about saving Scottish football, but as usual it comes down to personal preferences. No one needs to get relegated. No one needs to miss out on promotion, in fact a few more could come up. We have the chance to sort out a competitive league, things would be much tighter if everyone only played Celtic once and home and once away. Couldn't care less about the split, its a false dawn for most clubs and difficult for anyone to make plans around, play 30 games and pad the rest of the season out with Saturday cup games as mentioned above. Get creative and do what is best for the game, not what is best for any particular club. And tough s**t if the TV company wants four old firm games, we managed without it very recently for a few years and with a more competitive league there will be more games that become attractive. Get the fans wanting to go to the games first and foremost, the current format is a total bore.

I agree with what you say but it won't change. Aberdeen had the chance to change the voting structure when Sevco were in the lower divisions but it didn't suit them at the time so Celtic and Sevco can kill any change to the Premier League if they don't like it. 

1 hour ago, Lroy said:

1x tier one, 1x tier two, 2x tier three = 4.

1 tier 3 and 1 tier 4 like have this moment in time. Then a merge of the remaining highland and lowland league to form a bigger 5th like the national league in England.

Then lowland and highland as a 6th with then all the individual regional leagues as a 7th

1 minute ago, Pride_of_ayrshire said:

1 tier 3 and 1 tier 4 like have this moment in time. Then a merge of the remaining highland and lowland league to form a bigger 5th like the national league in England.

Then lowland and highland as a 6th with then all the individual regional leagues as a 7th

The leagues are regionalised partly to avoid travel costs/times for clubs, supporters and part time players who will have other jobs. There's no sense in getting rid of regionalisation further down the pyramid. Teams like Wick Academy would be f**ked coming down to play teams in the central belt every 2 weeks. The English system only has 5 national leagues for 10 times the population and 4 times the population density. Regionalisation needs to increase, not decrease.

And where are Wick Academy, etc getting the finance to play teams from Stranraer, Ayrshire and Berwick away in the midst of winter, or summer for that matter? The last thing Scottish football needs is more small community clubs with tiny budgets and revenue trying to fund travel to the other end of the country when they’ve no interest in it.
We really shouldn’t have more than about 30 pro teams, a third of them probably part time too as there isn’t enough money to fund them from our sponsorship and tv deals. 
top league of 14, second league of 18 max. 

2 minutes ago, Lroy said:

The leagues are regionalised partly to avoid travel costs/times for clubs, supporters and part time players who will have other jobs. There's no sense in getting rid of regionalisation further down the pyramid. Teams like Wick Academy would be f**ked coming down to play teams in the central belt every 2 weeks. The English system only has 5 national leagues for 10 times the population and 4 times the population density. Regionalisation needs to increase, not decrease.

You beat me to it by a few seconds B|

All this talk of League reconstruction is way premature when we do not know how many teams will actually survive this period.

It has shown how precarious football, and loads of other businesses, really are.

The Scottish game was bumping along the bottom before Covid19 hit. 

Now is the time to make hard calls about reducing the number of teams in the professional game.

Reduction in teams whilst heartbreaking and tough at the start would quickly allow new life to be granted to the game in this country.

The money being spent could be better used, talent better supported and resources better utilised by cutting the wheat from the chaff.

Right so ano ive took alot of stick on my previous comment but heres what ive spent alot of time on since nothing else to do.

Scottish Premiership- 16 Teams 

Scottish Championship- 12 Teams 

Scottish League 1- 10 Teams

Scottish league 2- 10 teams( which sees 3 highland and 3 lowland league teams boosted up)

Highland league- 14 teams

Lowland league- 14 teams

Then each individual regional leagues(South,East of Scotland{has 2 tiers}) with the new East and north being inducted into the structure 

League reconstruction has to be on the table when all this is over because many clubs, us included, could find their attendances reduced even further as people get out of the habit of going. 

the current setup playing teams 4 times per season (and then again in the cup!) is so tired and boring. From an entertainment perspective I believe we need to shake it up and now would be the perfect time. 

8 minutes ago, ChrissyRoss said:

Yeah I think this is what most fans would want as it adds more variety to the schedule. The Old Firm want their 4 games minimum every year as the frequency of them doesn't diminish ticket sales for them and tbh alot of other clubs boards want this as well, not the fans.

Regardless, this pish is all because Hearts are scrambling to save their skins. 

We are sadly lacking in decisive leadership or even the mechanisms of governance to allow said leadership. The system to rigged towards pandering to self interest.

14 team league, no Celtic, no Sevco, no problems. Pack them off to England or let them play each other every week lol.

1 hour ago, muza1962 said:

14 team league, no Celtic, no Sevco, no problems. Pack them off to England or let them play each other every week lol.

Although tongue in cheek, I believe now, more than ever that we would actually be better off without them in terms of entertainment and competition in our game.
Yes, money and TVdeals initially would take a massive hit but I think our game would prosper.  

Everything in our game is geared towards their needs and maximising their revenue. For me it is simply not sustainable for the other clubs. 
I remember watching us play Hamilton twice in two weeks at the start of the season and then it felt like Aberdeen every other week over a 6 week period and finding it so utterly predictable and boring. 

I took a long time away from following us as I played on a Saturday, I have had a season ticket the last few years and to be brutally honest, watching the current setup is not exactly inspiring long term. It needs a shake up if it is to prosper IMO. 

On 4/12/2020 at 11:46 PM, Wrangodog said:

I agree with what you say but it won't change. Aberdeen had the chance to change the voting structure when Sevco were in the lower divisions but it didn't suit them at the time so Celtic and Sevco can kill any change to the Premier League if they don't like it. 

The chance in a million we had to alter the power balance in Scottish football and Aberdeen blew it. 

On 4/12/2020 at 1:52 PM, livvy said:

Honestly. I would just go to two leagues of 20 and be done with it. There's plenty of sides in the championship decent enough to hold their own and it would mean clubs like Killie could develop youngsters stress free. The Scotland team would benefit massively and the standard for the teams coming into the league would quickly rise. 3 up/3 down. 

If they really want to preserve their old firm games then they can add a top 4 play off to decide the title where celtic get to beat 4th and Rangers get a few extra dodgy penalties to make sure they beat 3rd before playing 2 legs at Hampden in front of riot police while the rest of us book our summer holidays and get the hell out the way.

I'd also make teams register squads that include at least 10 Scottish players and at least 4 that have came through the club's youth set up to ensure we give young players game time. We've lost that in the current system to an extent. 

Sky or other broadcasters wouldn’t want that , they want as many old filth games per season as possible