14 team league

KFC_Macca

2 hours ago, Garvis said:

The Rangers are trying to rip the SPFL to bits before it goes into administration, and by delaying the payments to the other clubs in hope that some of them suffer the same fate, in hope that under the circumstances they won't get docked points.

I’ve actually wondered why they are persevering with their crusade against the SPFL because I couldn’t see what was in it for them other than rallying the troops and trying to sell season tickets but that looks like as good a reason as any 

3 minutes ago, historyman said:

I’ve actually wondered why they are persevering with their crusade against the SPFL because I couldn’t see what was in it for them other than rallying the troops and trying to sell season tickets but that looks like as good a reason as any 

Rallying the troops and selling season tickets is excactly what they are in it for .I very much doubt they will go into admin as they would just ask there fans to come up with season ticket money .45 k season tickets would be no problem for them to shift if they played the no one likes us and all the other clubs are to blame for our financial mess. They would call it the no surrender season ticket and print special orange ones .At an extra cost of course 

34 minutes ago, historyman said:

If they hadn’t forced this through without proper discussion then all the other leagues in Scotland would have had to be completed as well - including play offs.

Does no one else think the 

In the current situation I don't see how this season can be completed, you do, that's where we are. 

34 minutes ago, historyman said:

You could say that happens every January. Hearts just happened to muck it up big team this year. 
In defence of Anne Budge and Hearts I don’t think it is at all fair that a club gets relegated after 30 games of a 38 game season. 
Would you be ok with it if it was us? I wouldn’t. I would be fuming at the unfairness of it all. 

Yes Hearts had the chance to sort the mess out in January, they didn't. So why should Accies etc be punished cause Hearts are a bigger and have more financial muscle? 

f**k Hearts!

1 hour ago, historyman said:

You could say that happens every January. Hearts just happened to muck it up big team this year. 
In defence of Anne Budge and Hearts I don’t think it is at all fair that a club gets relegated after 30 games of a 38 game season. 
Would you be ok with it if it was us? I wouldn’t. I would be fuming at the unfairness of it all. 

There is literally no defence for Ann Budge. 

Her stewardship of Hearts has been terrible the past couple of years from an over budget stand(with no seats ordered) , failed managerial appointments, woeful performances on the pitch, to having her knickers pulled down by Sevco in the SPFL/reconstruction shenanigans. 

If I was a Jambo and putting money into Foundation of Hearts I'd be seething. 

Edited by stewarty66

16 minutes ago, Killiepies said:

Rallying the troops and selling season tickets is excactly what they are in it for .I very much doubt they will go into admin as they would just ask there fans to come up with season ticket money .45 k season tickets would be no problem for them to shift if they played the no one likes us and all the other clubs are to blame for our financial mess. They would call it the no surrender season ticket and print special orange ones .At an extra cost of course 

Rumour has it admin is on the cards for them they have more debt than the season ticket money will cover. 

22 minutes ago, mitch14 said:

Has it been reported in the press or do any of our well connected posters know how we were voting on the independent enquiry vote today? 

Defeated

Sorry. Missed the 'we' bit

Edited by CB

1 hour ago, Garvis said:

Rumour has it admin is on the cards for them they have more debt than the season ticket money will cover. 

If that's true they will go for admin before they sell season tickets so the new, new club that we will all have to pretend is the old, old club gets the cash. Did the league not change the rules after their last episode to make sure they could get through it punishment free next time around?

3 minutes ago, Prahakillie said:

They have playing assets they can sell if they can accept mediocrity for a few more years and let Celtic clock up 12 or 13 in a row...

Yep. Morelos, Tavernier, Kamara, Barisic. 

The downside for them is that with the uncertainty surrounding leagues who is going to be actively seeking players and giving them contracts. 

40 minutes ago, Maverick11 said:

We voted no

Currant buns going to boycott all 8 no voters next season according to forum. LOL not a penny more they say, they really are raging. Please let them die for good this time. One quote was "Killie probably abstained, cowards, Cnuts" such nice people eh.

3 hours ago, historyman said:

I said a new contract for the remaining games AND the new season. I thought most people would have worked that bit out correctly. 

Yeh clubs will be queuing up to offer 12+ month contracts to players on premier league terms, when they could be a championship club a couple of weeks later. I would’ve though most people would’ve understood how many flaws there are in your proposals. 

13 minutes ago, livvy said:

If that's true they will go for admin before they sell season tickets so the new, new club that we will all have to pretend is the old, old club gets the cash. Did the league not change the rules after their last episode to make sure they could get through it punishment free next time around?

I think there was dead lines if you enter admin before March 31st the points are deducted from this season, if you enter admin after that the points penalty will roll on to the next season. If that is the case I think they will hand Celtic 10 in a row. 

1 hour ago, muza1962 said:

Currant buns going to boycott all 8 no voters next season according to forum. LOL not a penny more they say, they really are raging. Please let them die for good this time. One quote was "Killie probably abstained, cowards, Cnuts" such nice people eh.

Oh no whatever shall we do. Small clubs like us rely on the “blue pound”. And so on. And so on.

This all sounds rather familiar from 2012.

Edited by KTID
Spelling

4 hours ago, Wee_Eck1979 said:

Yes Hearts had the chance to sort the mess out in January, they didn't. So why should Accies etc be punished cause Hearts are a bigger and have more financial muscle? 

f**k Hearts!

From the other side why should a team be relegated with 8 games to go? Or, worse still for Thistle, why should they be relegated when they are two points beliw the club above them when they have a game in hand?

Both of these situations are fundamentally unfair in the clubs concerned. 

4 hours ago, stewarty66 said:

There is literally no defence for Ann Budge. 

Her stewardship of Hearts has been terrible the past couple of years from an over budget stand(with no seats ordered) , failed managerial appointments, woeful performances on the pitch, to having her knickers pulled down by Sevco in the SPFL/reconstruction shenanigans. 

If I was a Jambo and putting money into Foundation of Hearts I'd be seething. 

She saved the club,  every chairman in Scotland has made bad managerial appointments and many stadiums are late and over budget. 
I think her biggest mistake was to persevere with Levein for far too long as manager and keep him around even when she replaced him

1 minute ago, historyman said:

She saved the club,  every chairman in Scotland has made bad managerial appointments and many stadiums are late and over budget. 
I think her biggest mistake was to persevere with Levein for far too long as manager and keep him around even when she replaced him

The fact Levein is still involved in the club is farcical. They should have punted him after the cup final.

2 hours ago, muza1962 said:

Who voted yes - Sevco, Dons, Hearts and who else? 

1 hour ago, Zorro said:

Yeh clubs will be queuing up to offer 12+ month contracts to players on premier league terms, when they could be a championship club a couple of weeks later. I would’ve though most people would’ve understood how many flaws there are in your proposals. 

If we don’t start football again until next year (which is highly possible) then the contracts could be a year plus a few months - not all that dramatic. And probably 9 of the current 12 would expect to be in the premiership next year. 

finishing the season at some point in the future has its flaws but I don’t see any flaw that’s a great as relegating a club with 8 games to go that’s 2 points behind the team above them with a game in hand. Partick could have been relegated on the strength of a match being postponed or even worse because they won a Scottish cup tie.

52 minutes ago, historyman said:

She saved the club along with the Foundation of Hearts who have since paid back the money they owed her. 

Every year Hearts also seem to receive a cash injection from " wish to remain anonymous benefactors" 

Her brother is part of the firm that were awarded the contract to build the new stand at Tynecastle. 

She wanted temporary reconstruction for the SPFL to save Hearts from relegation. 

And yes Levein should have been shown the door long before he was relieved as manager/ coach.. 

3 hours ago, muza1962 said:

We got by when the vermin bastards were in division 2 etc and we will get by if they boycott , intact I hope they do