season tickets

smudger05

1 minute ago, kfc_superteam said:

In the current climate where millions could lose there jobs at the end of May when furlough ends I doubt we will see many people commiting to buy a season ticket at the moment

sad but true, i certainly am not in a position at moment to renew mine after almost 20 years of owning a ST. Really fear for my job, and £300 may be money i don't have. Scarey times

The club don't know when or how football will restart and what restrictions will be in place when it does. Even with a stadium capacity of 17,000 odd social distancing could make the capacity less than the season tickets we sold last season. Not just distancing to each side, but in front and behind as well, and our rows are closer together than most clubs. How do you get to your seat if the person next to you is already there ? You can't squeeze past, maybe climb over seats avoiding other people ? Would family groups be allowed if they live in the same house ? If the rumours about the elderly still being in lockdown over the winter are correct then could the club sell season tickets to over 65's ?  Hopefully, the position will be clearer in May, (renewed 10th May last season) but until then I don't see how the club can begin to sell them. 

2 hours ago, skygod said:

A season ticket wouldn't be worth much more than the paper it was written on and I'm surprised some clubs are (having a try at) selling them.

And put on sale early too by a few clubs ...if memory serves me right likes of Hibs and Aberdeen even been praising the high number of sales done so far ......

On 4/13/2020 at 8:49 PM, Scouser2 said:

Other clubs in the league been selling ST’s for a few weeks , 

That's a wee bit cheeky, even if they are strapped for cash. First the folks they are asking to stump are just as strapped as they are. And there's the fact that nobody knows what next season will look like, when it might start and what form it might take. 

21 hours ago, Bonbon19 said:

I honestly don’t get all the doom and gloom , clubs survived WW2 . Fans won’t want clubs to fail and imo will step up , if they can afford to do so obviously . Football clubs will survive its just remains to be seen , in what form .

And of course nothing has changed since WW2.

Using WW2 as a comparator to the current situation has to be one of the stupidest things I have seen on this site and that is saying something on a site with McLean and BeakerBob on it!!

2 hours ago, Wrangodog said:

The club don't know when or how football will restart and what restrictions will be in place when it does. Even with a stadium capacity of 17,000 odd social distancing could make the capacity less than the season tickets we sold last season. Not just distancing to each side, but in front and behind as well, and our rows are closer together than most clubs. How do you get to your seat if the person next to you is already there ? You can't squeeze past, maybe climb over seats avoiding other people ? Would family groups be allowed if they live in the same house ? If the rumours about the elderly still being in lockdown over the winter are correct then could the club sell season tickets to over 65's ?  Hopefully, the position will be clearer in May, (renewed 10th May last season) but until then I don't see how the club can begin to sell them. 

Agreed.

Any club selling STs are being irresponsible bordering on fraudulent.

Any fans buying them are being stupid.

23 minutes ago, Sandman396 said:

Using WW2 as a comparator to the current situation has to be one of the stupidest things I have seen on this site and that is saying something on a site with McLean and BeakerBob on it!!

The comparison was with a hiatus in the football season , there hasn’t been one like this since WW2 , thought reasonable people would see that tbh .

If that’s the stupidest thing you’ve read on this site then you don’t venture onto the politics forum much ;) 

47 minutes ago, Sandman396 said:

I thought you were going somewhere with your first sentence. Then you just baled out. I thought you were going to, for example, point out the top clubs are now totally dependent on hideous amounts of income from TV companies who will drop them in an instant if they decide it us in their best interests. Or the fact that the links to the community just are not there now. Or the fact there was a reasonable expectation hostilities would end at some point. There is no exit strategy at present so no-one can say with certainty whe or if football as we know it will start again.

Edited by gdevoy

20 hours ago, Bonbon19 said:

The comparison was with a hiatus in the football season , there hasn’t been one like this since WW2 , thought reasonable people would see that tbh .

If that’s the stupidest thing you’ve read on this site then you don’t venture onto the politics forum much ;) 

My statement stands. :6:

7 minutes ago, Killiepies said:

Livvy are expecting to selling more season tickets than last season.Other clubs have also reported a healthy uptake on season tickets .The club at some point is going to need cash to survive .I don't see why we aren't testing the water 

What happens if the pretty much the full or next season will be behind closed doors? It creates a risk which means that the club gets cash in, spends it and then needs to get a loan to pay it back when they find out it’s significantly to be behind closed doors. 

Why does it have to be a “season” ticket? Why not sell a ticket that is eligible for the next 20 league home games. Or you could sell tickets for all different amounts of home league games - 15, 20, 25 and so on. The higher the matches the lower the per game cost. For example £19 a game at 15 games, £18 a game at 20 games. 

Then it can be used for this season (if games are eventually played), next season (whenever that may be) and even season after. People can be comfortable putting money into the club knowing that at some point they are going to get their money’s worth and it won’t be affected by cancelled games, closed door games or league reconstruction. 

Current season ticket holders get discount/extra games since they have not had all of the home games this season. 

5 hours ago, Maverick11 said:

What happens if the pretty much the full or next season will be behind closed doors? It creates a risk which means that the club gets cash in, spends it and then needs to get a loan to pay it back when they find out it’s significantly to be behind closed doors. 

Plenty of teams doing it and it's highly unlikely that fans would ask for there money back if it might force the club into admin .The infirm will defiantly be relying on there fans to fork out for there season tickets games or not .Will you be asking for a partial refund if the season is declared ? 

1 hour ago, PieFace1869 said:

Why does it have to be a “season” ticket? Why not sell a ticket that is eligible for the next 20 league home games. Or you could sell tickets for all different amounts of home league games - 15, 20, 25 and so on. The higher the matches the lower the per game cost. For example £19 a game at 15 games, £18 a game at 20 games. 

Then it can be used for this season (if games are eventually played), next season (whenever that may be) and even season after. People can be comfortable putting money into the club knowing that at some point they are going to get their money’s worth and it won’t be affected by cancelled games, closed door games or league reconstruction. 

Current season ticket holders get discount/extra games since they have not had all of the home games this season. 

Sensible post.

6 hours ago, Killiepies said:

Livvy are expecting to selling more season tickets than last season.Other clubs have also reported a healthy uptake on season tickets .The club at some point is going to need cash to survive .I don't see why we aren't testing the water 

Check new shares Fred 

3 hours ago, Killiepies said:

Plenty of teams doing it and it's highly unlikely that fans would ask for there money back if it might force the club into admin .The infirm will defiantly be relying on there fans to fork out for there season tickets games or not .Will you be asking for a partial refund if the season is declared ? 

I absolutely wouldn’t but if people bought one for next season and got to see a handful of games a year after they bought a season ticket I wouldn’t blame people if they did

• 2 weeks later...

I have changed my stance on this, I think we need to start selling season-tickets to people or the club are going to owe a lot of money to BB/Phyllis. At the very least the club need to guage opinion on whether fans would buy season-tickets without knowing when or if they would be able to attend. I am an oldie and very fortunate in that I have a guaranteed income so I want to buy a season and help the club. Even if half the number of our current season-ticket holders renew at least it would provide some income for the club at a time when we have none. 

29 minutes ago, Wrangodog said:

I have changed my stance on this, I think we need to start selling season-tickets to people or the club are going to owe a lot of money to BB/Phyllis. 

They probably could sell you a digital or a traditional season ticket tomorrow easily enough.  Valid for online games if it's to be behind closed doors.  Problem is, there's no guarantee when next season will kick off and more this season drags on, more chance next season gets curtailed.

It's for the government, UEFA and the SPFL to decide what happens.  Then the club can sell you whatever within the new framework, if its to be behind closed doors, limited capacity etc etc.

If you bought a bog standard season ticket for an SPFL season kicking off in August 2020, that's probably not the product you'll receive in August 2020.  The business people on the board will be aware of this unique situation, but with KillieTV are well placed to get something out if any football actually happens.