season tickets

smudger05

11 minutes ago, RAG said:

They probably could sell you a digital or a traditional season ticket tomorrow easily enough.  Valid for online games if it's to be behind closed doors.  Problem is, there's no guarantee when next season will kick off and more this season drags on, more chance next season gets curtailed.

It's for the government, UEFA and the SPFL to decide what happens.  Then the club can sell you whatever within the new framework, if its to be behind closed doors, limited capacity etc etc.

If you bought a bog standard season ticket for an SPFL season kicking off in August 2020, that's probably not the product you'll receive in August 2020.  The business people on the board will be aware of this unique situation, but with KillieTV are well placed to get something out if any football actually happens.

I'm willing to buy a season with no guarantees attached on attending or when the season will commence. 

3 hours ago, Wrangodog said:

I have changed my stance on this, I think we need to start selling season-tickets to people or the club are going to owe a lot of money to BB/Phyllis. At the very least the club need to guage opinion on whether fans would buy season-tickets without knowing when or if they would be able to attend. I am an oldie and very fortunate in that I have a guaranteed income so I want to buy a season and help the club. Even if half the number of our current season-ticket holders renew at least it would provide some income for the club at a time when we have none. 

Agreed.

2 hours ago, Wrangodog said:

I'm willing to buy a season with no guarantees attached on attending or when the season will commence. 

True.  But any well run business wouldn't sell you something, 'in bad faith' they knew they couldn't fulfil.

Any club selling season tickets for next season now, must be desperate for the money, selling something, they in all likelihood, won't be able to provide in August.

Share issues etc are a completely different way of raising much needed funds.

20 minutes ago, RAG said:

True.  But any well run business wouldn't sell you something, 'in bad faith' they knew they couldn't fulfil.

Any club selling season tickets for next season now, must be desperate for the money, selling something, they in all likelihood, won't be able to provide in August.

It might not happen now, but it will happen with a lot more conditions on what a season-ticket can guarantee. The share issue can only provide a maximum of £100,000, which isn't nearly enough. We sold over 4,000 season tickets last year which equates to roughly £700,000-£850,000. Even if only half of that amount of season-ticket holders were willing or could afford to take a risk on seeing football, it would still be a substantial sum of money. 

5 hours ago, Wrangodog said:

..... Even if only half of that amount of season-ticket holders were willing or could afford to take a risk on seeing football, it would still be a substantial sum of money. 

I think half would be a very optimistic target. 

There are too many potential outcomes, most of which could lead to the club having to refund much of the money they take in. 

Even before this crisis, people were predicting a drop in our season ticket sales. 

Last year’s number sold was on the back of a very successful and optimistic season. By comparison, this season has been very disappointing. 

The economic outlook is very uncertain and the people who can say that they have a guaranteed income would be quite small, I think. 

Edited by skygod

2 minutes ago, skygod said:

I think half would be a very optimistic target. 

There are too many potential outcomes, most of which could lead to the club having to tefund much of the money they take in. 

Even before this crisis, people were predicting a drop in our season ticket sales. 

Last year’s number sold was on the back of a very successful and optimistic season. By comparison, this season has been very disappointing. 

The economic outlook is very uncertain and the people who can say that they have a guaranteed income would be quite small, I think. 

Buying a season is an act of blind faith. Your team is entering a competition it can't win, and probably has little chance of finishing second. You could be struck down with illness (not coronavirus) or transferred to another location with your job. Even with increased subscriptions to Tik the number of subscribers is still a lot lower than possible season-ticket holders. I would buy one even with little possiblity or guarantee of actually seeing football, would you ? 

It’s one thing to buy a ticket out of blind faith that the team will perform well and another that the matches will take place before paying spectators, or at all. 

If I bought a Killie season ticket under any circumstances it would be with the guarantee of seeing almost no matches!

That hasn’t stopped me in the past though. 

With the current uncertainty over my income, I probably wouldn’t. I was very likely to buy a season ticket for a local club but that is very much on hold on now. 

Edited by skygod

50 minutes ago, skygod said:

It’s one thing to buy a ticket out of blind faith that the team will perform well and another that the matches will take place before paying spectators, or at all. 

If I bought a Killie season ticket under any circumstances it would be with the guarantee of seeing almost no matches!

With the current uncertainty over my income, I probably wouldn’t. I was very likely to buy a season ticket for a local club but that it very much on hold on now. 

OK. Judging by your posts going back to nineteen-canteen I thought you were retired with a guaranteed income. 

23 hours ago, RAG said:

I paid my golf fees not knowing when or if we would get to play this season, the club has lost its full income stream and the idea of games being played behind closed doors worries me even more as the players would no longer be furloughed, the club would be due to pay their wages, If individuals were happy to pay for a ST with no guarantee of football, then the club could possibly incentivise it by recruiting local businesses to allow a generous discounts , that way the buyer could “make up” the cost of the ST in other produce or services. Just a thought.

Aye but you're buying a specific seat with a season ticket @killie billies pal.

Does the person you sit beside usually, get the seat beside you, 4 seats along, 3 rows back, depending on the social distancing required at the time?

It's the absolute basics, never mind start dates, that are the biggest problem here!

1 hour ago, RAG said:

Aye but you're buying a specific seat with a season ticket @killie billies pal.

Does the person you sit beside usually, get the seat beside you, 4 seats along, 3 rows back, depending on the social distancing required at the time?

It's the absolute basics, never mind start dates, that are the biggest problem here!

At the moment we buy a specific seat, that doesn't mean the club have to allocate them this way due to the exceptional circumstances we face. What happened previously isn't going to be possible, at least for the early part of the new season. Buying a season is going to be about helping the club to keep going rather than buying one to watch football. Fans could simply specify which stand they preferred out of the four, since I doubt that away supporters would be allowed to attend. If the season starts with closed-doors games then the season could give access to Killie TV.  

On 4/16/2020 at 2:26 PM, gdevoy said:

That's a wee bit cheeky, even if they are strapped for cash. First the folks they are asking to stump are just as strapped as they are. And there's the fact that nobody knows what next season will look like, when it might start and what form it might take. 

If the folk were strapped for cash they wouldn’t be buying a season ticket that most likely won’t get a lot of use 

On 5/3/2020 at 5:57 PM, skygod said:

With the current uncertainty over my income, I probably wouldn’t. I was very likely to buy a season ticket for a local club but that is very much on hold on now. 

Playing well doesn’t come into it , you buy a season ticket because you are a fan of the club 

16 hours ago, DrewWylie said:

Playing well doesn’t come into it , you buy a season ticket because you are a fan of the club 

Like subscribing to TiK or buying shares, buying a season ticket is just one way to support the club financially. 

19 hours ago, Loudoun Killie said:

We need to get these on sale, the risks are known to people, it’s up to individuals whether to buy or not.......why would the club turn away money??

What's the point if Holyrood rule no fans allowed to attend matches until well into next year?  Club are doing the correct thing in waiting.  

On 4/23/2020 at 2:15 PM, PieFace1869 said:

Why does it have to be a “season” ticket? Why not sell a ticket that is eligible for the next 20 league home games. Or you could sell tickets for all different amounts of home league games - 15, 20, 25 and so on. The higher the matches the lower the per game cost. For example £19 a game at 15 games, £18 a game at 20 games. 

Then it can be used for this season (if games are eventually played), next season (whenever that may be) and even season after. People can be comfortable putting money into the club knowing that at some point they are going to get their money’s worth and it won’t be affected by cancelled games, closed door games or league reconstruction. 

Current season ticket holders get discount/extra games since they have not had all of the home games this season. 

Why can’t we seriously move forward with this suggestion! Seems to tick most boxes and with e-tickets should be easy to set up! All I would say is that at this stage the club cannot commit to specific seats 

1 minute ago, gdevoy said:

Surely Aberdeen must be putting their business in legal jeopardy selling something they are all but certain they cant deliver.

Correct buying a ticket means you have to fufill a contract which they clearly they cant fufill as Holyrood wont permit fans to attend games this year

1 hour ago, killie1961 said:

Correct buying a ticket means you have to fufill a contract which they clearly they cant fufill as Holyrood wont permit fans to attend games this year

I'm quite happy to give financial support to KFC as I want there to still be a club when all this nonsense goes away. However I would have thought that doing this through the activity of selling tickets for a season which nobody has any idea of the form it may or may not take could lead to some fairly major legal issues.

1 hour ago, Deza said:

Why can’t we seriously move forward with this suggestion! Seems to tick most boxes and with e-tickets should be easy to set up! All I would say is that at this stage the club cannot commit to specific seats 

Without being too negative about it the club would find it very hard to budget during the summer close seasons when ST’s are all expiring at various points of the year.