season tickets

smudger05

7 minutes ago, gdevoy said:

I'm quite happy to give financial support to KFC as I want there to still be a club when all this nonsense goes away. However I would have thought that doing this through the activity of selling tickets for a season which nobody has any idea of the form it may or may not take could lead to some fairly major legal issues.

You can buy shares in the club to show financial support and or join TIK.  Many other ways to support the club financially.

1 hour ago, gdevoy said:

Surely Aberdeen must be putting their business in legal jeopardy selling something they are all but certain they cant deliver.

Motherwell, Hibs, and Livingston, as well as Aberdeen are all selling season-tickets. As long as there are no guarantees that you will be able to watch football and that in the event of closed-doors games the season-ticket will be accepted in payment for Killie TV, I don't see what the problem is. No doubt there will be plenty of small print to cover the club in the event of fans not being permitted to attend games. I got the feeling that the club would be offering compensation for games that didn't take place in Cathy's Trust email, but hopefully not many people will take them up on that. 

14 minutes ago, Mojike and Bod said:

You can buy shares in the club to show financial support and or join TIK.  Many other ways to support the club financially.

Yes you can and I am doing that, but season-ticket sales can bring in a lot more money in the short term. Where are we going to get the money from for new player's contracts if we don't sell season-tickets ? 

21 hours ago, Wrangodog said:

Yes you can and I am doing that, but season-ticket sales can bring in a lot more money in the short term. Where are we going to get the money from for new player's contracts if we don't sell season-tickets ? 

The reality is that contracting players at all is just not sensible considering there is no sport for them to play. We will need season ticket money to get the club up and running again when things do get moving, for Scottish football that is looking like it will come much later than it will for leagues who can afford to play behind closed doors financed by TV.

Clubs that sign players this summer before start dates are confirmed are gambling with their very existence. It may well work out for them but it's not a risk I'd want to see Killie take.

2 hours ago, livvy said:

The reality is that contracting players at all is just not sensible considering there is no sport for them to play. We will need season ticket money to get the club up and running again when things do get moving, for Scottish football that is looking like it will come much later than it will for leagues who can afford to play behind closed doors financed by TV.

Clubs that sign players this summer before start dates are confirmed are gambling with their very existence. It may well work out for them but it's not a risk I'd want to see Killie take.

If the club decide to sell season-tickets I will buy one, regardless. The majority of clubs in the top league are selling season-tickets at the moment for next season regardless of when football actually starts. If we don't sign players and the season kicks off in September or even November we will be playing with the few senior players we have under contract and youth players until the transfer window opens up in January. It's up to the club, they will have to decide when to put them on sale. 

I think it’s a positive thing we haven’t yet put season tickets on sale, or rushed to get a new kit out. This income would usually come in over the Summer so if we move early and there’s no football until October/November then we’d see ourselves struggling in Aug/Sept. Can only be a good thing we aren’t needing to rush cash in the door straight away. 

The other side of that argument I suppose is that it is better to get the money in and have it available for when most needed.

As has been pointed out many times on here, other clubs are up and running with season tickets, think Aberdeen had hit 5,000.

Also, might be better to catch the fans goodwill and willingness in many cases to pay even without a start date. 

Finally, there are many like me that have been furloughed on 80% and have just had their first reduced months pay. The longer this goes on with 80 maybe going down to 60%, less money available for non essentials might affect future spend.

17 hours ago, Wrangodog said:

If the club decide to sell season-tickets I will buy one, regardless. The majority of clubs in the top league are selling season-tickets at the moment for next season regardless of when football actually starts. If we don't sign players and the season kicks off in September or even November we will be playing with the few senior players we have under contract and youth players until the transfer window opens up in January. It's up to the club, they will have to decide when to put them on sale. 

Are the majority selling season tickets? I don't think there will be any transfer window to worry about under the circumstances, like many other things that will be put in abeyance.

1 minute ago, FanWithaTypewritter said:

The other side of that argument I suppose is that it is better to get the money in and have it available for when most needed.

As has been pointed out many times on here, other clubs are up and running with season tickets, think Aberdeen had hit 5,000.

Also, might be better to catch the fans goodwill and willingness in many cases to pay even without a start date. 

Finally, there are many like me that have been furloughed on 80% and have just had their first reduced months pay. The longer this goes on with 80 maybe going down to 60%, less money available for non essentials might affect future spend.

It will only go down to 60% if the businesses themselves are making that back up to 80% or 100%. No one will be living on 60% wages, unless you are self employed and getting bugger all, but that's a different argument altogether.

47 minutes ago, TommyG said:

Are the majority selling season tickets? I don't think there will be any transfer window to worry about under the circumstances, like many other things that will be put in abeyance.

Haven’t looked at all 12 (might be 14), but Celtic, Sevco, Hearts, Hibs, Motherwell, and Livingston are selling season-tickets. So 50% of the current top league. Hearts official website actually gives a reasonably clear idea that they are selling a number of home games with no guarantee of when season starts or what division they will be in. If the major leagues, England, Italy, Spain, Germany, and France, all start more or less on time, then there probably will be a transfer window, although it could start and end later. We can't buy season-tickets until the club puts them on sale, so at the moment we don't when that will be. 

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, skygod said:

It's a lot more socially responsible than taking people's money for "ghost games".

It would fiscally irresponsible not to sell season tickets if fans want to buy knowing that they might not see live football for some time. Even St. Mirren have already sold 1,000. If we are trying to bring in players we will be competing with the likes of Livingston, St. Mirren, Dundee Utd. and Motherwell who are all selling season-tickets. Hamilton can do what they want, they struggle to get over 1,500 at their home games anyway so season-ticket sales are less important to them. 

34 minutes ago, killie billies pal said:

If people can afford to pay for games that they will not be allowed entry to the fair enough, we are £100 down on this seasons ticket, I certainly will think very carefully before splashing out £300 plus in the autumn

As much as I would love to renew my season ticket, I honestly couldn’t justify £350 to watch us on the tv behind closed doors. 

hope there’s a better solution and we can all rally behind the club by attending matches again soon. 

If supporters are allowed into stadiums when the new season starts you’ll probably find the capacity will be cut dramatically. Rather than selling season tickets, should the club consider selling all tickets for each game as a hospitality package. 

Take the East stand for example could we sell blocks in there as we do with tables in the current hospitality. Get the government to relax the alcohol ban and provide every ticket with a “hamper” - beers, wines and Brownings food and make it say £50 a ticket. 

The layout of our stadium could be ideal for this. Entry could be controlled, access to the upper blocks from the stairways, lower blocks from the pitch side.

You never know if it works and we all prove we can behave ourselves we might get a pint in the ground at every game once we’re all allowed back in.

12 hours ago, ST11DUN said:

If supporters are allowed into stadiums when the new season starts you’ll probably find the capacity will be cut dramatically. Rather than selling season tickets, should the club consider selling all tickets for each game as a hospitality package. 

Take the East stand for example could we sell blocks in there as we do with tables in the current hospitality. Get the government to relax the alcohol ban and provide every ticket with a “hamper” - beers, wines and Brownings food and make it say £50 a ticket. 

The layout of our stadium could be ideal for this. Entry could be controlled, access to the upper blocks from the stairways, lower blocks from the pitch side.

You never know if it works and we all prove we can behave ourselves we might get a pint in the ground at every game once we’re all allowed back in.

I don’t want to be too critical, but that’s a ridiculous idea. 
First of all, in all honesty, I don’t think we’d have a problem with social distancing at RP.
Second, why would the club spend money on the initial outlay for “hampers”. Who wants a Hamper at the football? 
third, why would the government relax the alcohol ban? 
Finally, how many of our avid supporters can afford to spend £50 on a ticket for a home game? The club would be pricing people out of watching matches, which would have a negative long term impact. 

social distancing will have a great say in season tickets sales as you would need 2 metres all around you, how do you get into your seat if peoole aready in your row.... also with potential redundancies once furlough period is done why would people make a large non essential purchase knowing funds could be more useful in essential non social items also when would you be able to actually physically see football again so even if buying a season ticket gave you access to maybe live streams of killie games surley purchasing killie tv which provides both home & away coverage is cheaper

There will be a lot of supporters who see season ticket money as a donation to the club and can afford to do so. If the club want to sell season tickets on that basis, then it is a revenue stream worth opening up. 
In doing so, the club should stress that football will likely be behind closed doors and those who purchase tickets are doing so with no prospect of attending live football. 
They should also stress that, whilst the gesture is appreciated, they will receive no future benefits at the expense of others, and all supporters will be catered for when we are allowed back into the ground. Effectively, no supporter will be punished for putting personal finance before that of the club. 

41 minutes ago, Bobby14 said:

There will be a lot of supporters who see season ticket money as a donation to the club and can afford to do so. If the club want to sell season tickets on that basis, then it is a revenue stream worth opening up. 
In doing so, the club should stress that football will likely be behind closed doors and those who purchase tickets are doing so with no prospect of attending live football. 
They should also stress that, whilst the gesture is appreciated, they will receive no future benefits at the expense of others, and all supporters will be catered for when we are allowed back into the ground. Effectively, no supporter will be punished for putting personal finance before that of the club. 

I would agree with that up to a point, but if you buy a season-ticket it should entitle you to be able to watch a home closed-doors game on Killie TV without having to pay a further subscription. 

3 hours ago, Wrangodog said:

I would agree with that up to a point, but if you buy a season-ticket it should entitle you to be able to watch a home closed-doors game on Killie TV without having to pay a further subscription. 

I completely agree with that. By “no further benefits” I meant things like priority when buying cup tickets.