Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Mclean07

Frighteningly Undemocratic (Split from Well done Allan Dorans MP)

Recommended Posts

10 hours ago, Bonbon19 said:

Have to agree with McLean07 , NHS contracts are very specific , NHS Scotland will have suppliers tied to them , and them only . It’s how the NHS works , I agree it’s not ideal in the circumstances . 

The U.K. government didn’t let these deals stop them when they stepped in to take control of purchasing other vital equipment and tests, to stop the devolved governments competing against one another. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Bonbon19 said:

Have to agree with McLean07 , NHS contracts are very specific , NHS Scotland will have suppliers tied to them , and them only . It’s how the NHS works , I agree it’s not ideal in the circumstances . 

This relates to Care Homes, not the NHS.

Majority of Cares Homes are privately owned businesses, and this is a supplier being told by the Government not to supply Care Homes outside of England. It smells, badly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Zorro said:

The U.K. government didn’t let these deals stop them when they stepped in to take control of purchasing other vital equipment and tests, to stop the devolved governments competing against one another. 

As I said zorro it’s not ideal , but I see Sturgeon , Ferguson , Hancock and Leitch aren’t making political capital out of it . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, KillieBus said:

This relates to Care Homes, not the NHS.

Majority of Cares Homes are privately owned businesses, and this is a supplier being told by the Government not to supply Care Homes outside of England. It smells, badly.

I am aware of that as I worked in primary care and had to negotiate deals for my practice out with the NHS framework . Compels obviously have a contract with PHE and they are insisting as ,possibly their biggest customer that they get the their entire output as per a possible clause in their contract ? I repeat it’s not ideal , it would be better if Compel explained exactly why they can’t supply other healthcare providers . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/13/2020 at 4:26 PM, plunkit said:

 Let me explain this one for you then. 

Regards the Business Support Grant, tough as it may seem for multi-outlet businesses, especially over more than one Local Authority (LA) - particularly evident in Ayrshire where we have, in my opinion, the madness of 3 LAs, it is a decision taken to genuinely assist more businesses in a wider range of sectors, many having a unique importance to the Scottish economy. This kind of difference in grant funding styles is always evident throughout the UK. For example, Regional Selective Assistance (RSA) here is different than in SW England, Yorkshire and so on. It has to be to be effective. I would suggest it is not the system that is unfair, but it has been communicated poorly. There are businesses here who can access the grant here but couldn't if they were in rUK. Are you suggesting that they should feel bad because they are denying multi-outlet businesses more of a finite budget and they should, in fact, be getting nothing if we just did the same as England ? 

Perhaps we are doing it more fairly than down south ? 

 

2442DD43-7BE7-49A7-9262-973F62FDF070.jpeg.36052dd42033c5991c35617cfd21f5f3.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Mclean07 said:

2442DD43-7BE7-49A7-9262-973F62FDF070.jpeg.36052dd42033c5991c35617cfd21f5f3.jpeg

Typical journalistic use of the word “u-turn” framing this as a negative, when in fact this is a positive story of Kate Forbes finding extra cash to help these businesses with multiple sites. 
The initial allocation of this cash helped a lot of smaller business in Scotland who were not eligible for support under the English scheme 

There are always winners and losers in these scenarios but Kate Forbes should be given credit for trying to make this cash help as many businesses as possible 

For me it doesn’t matter a fk when the press release goes out 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Cheviotstag said:

Typical journalistic use of the word “u-turn” framing this as a negative, when in fact this is a positive story of Kate Forbes finding extra cash to help these businesses with multiple sites. 

Teresa Mays former communications guy was saying exactly the same thing on twitter last night..

Excitable questions about “government U-turns” (or responding to new advice when the evidence changes), “cabinet splits” (or just different points of view) and other “gotcha” techniques are jarring at best 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Bonbon19 said:

I am aware of that as I worked in primary care and had to negotiate deals for my practice out with the NHS framework . Compels obviously have a contract with PHE and they are insisting as ,possibly their biggest customer that they get the their entire output as per a possible clause in their contract ? I repeat it’s not ideal , it would be better if Compel explained exactly why they can’t supply other healthcare providers . 

I don't think it is obvious at all that the company have a contract with PHE. What is obvious is that they have been told where they can and cannot sell their goods. The company statement is clear that they have been advised not to sell the goods in question outside of England (they even apologise for it). I also don't think that it is up to the supplier in question to explain why PHE are making these decisions.

In my experience of dealings with PHE, they have always played an advisory and guidance role to the NHS Trusts that we deal with rather than as a direct purchaser.

It certainly doesn't look like we are all in it together, if this is true.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

E5D782FA-95AE-473F-8B27-AAEAF9CE1A9D.png.77d3d2d6a9fde0209c20bca106654f67.png
 

They started off behaving responsibly, but they just can’t help creating division and hatred. England lives rent free in their heads. Absolutely unnecessary and disgusting. Good comments from our very own David Ross, Killie book author and fan. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Mclean07 said:

You seem to be getting very upset for someone who started the whole thing by saying I would be happy if English people were favoured. Don’t give it if you can’t take it. 

Upset. Yes. You are a nasty wee man McLean. Delight in that. Makes you feel good clearly so enjoy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Mclean07 said:

E5D782FA-95AE-473F-8B27-AAEAF9CE1A9D.png.77d3d2d6a9fde0209c20bca106654f67.png
 

They started off behaving responsibly, but they just can’t help creating division and hatred. England lives rent free in their heads. Absolutely unnecessary and disgusting. Good comments from our very own David Ross, Killie book author and fan. 

Agree with you unequivocally that Chapman’s comments are unacceptable. There should be no attempts at point scoring just now. 

However,  your comment would be fairer and better in tone if you had used “he/his” rather than “they/their”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Cheviotstag said:

Agree with you unequivocally that Chapman’s comments are unacceptable. There should be no attempts at point scoring just now. 

However,  your comment would be fairer and better in tone if you had used “he/his” rather than “they/their”

I’m afraid “they” are all over the internet comparing “us” with England. No English people comparing themselves with Scotland. Zero. Only us. The SNP were doing ok, but sadly reverting to type. Ashamed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another good Killie boy giving them laldy. Wish they would come on here and contribute, but I think they gave it up as a hopeless task.

5DB82A8A-E15A-4B33-9D50-E38ACF51977D.jpeg.81af02e34d3d4c20c5034e24e209936b.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Shropshire_killie said:

Upset. Yes. You are a nasty wee man McLean. Delight in that. Makes you feel good clearly so enjoy.

Really? You just don’t like the truth. You accused me of being happy if English people benefited. That’s nasty. I simply stayed my position. Look below for nastiness. One party only is being consistently nasty an divisive in the current situation......and it’s yours. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Cheviotstag said:

Agree with you unequivocally that Chapman’s comments are unacceptable. There should be no attempts at point scoring just now. 

However,  your comment would be fairer and better in tone if you had used “he/his” rather than “they/their”

Credit for being fair in your comments, though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Mclean07 said:

Really? You just don’t like the truth. You accused me of being happy if English people benefited. That’s nasty. I simply stayed my position. Look below for nastiness. One party only is being consistently nasty an divisive in the current situation......and it’s yours. 

One day you will wake up although I wont place any money on it. Scotland is and always was dispensible to England. Thats the truth you will always deny. An asset to be exploited regardless of how we vote. The biggest mugs in history and a populace who can be so easily maniplulated. Look through history. SNP are not my party and as usual you jump to conclusions. I do want a free Scotland though, which, if ultimately governed by others, as the direct will of the Scots, as opposed to the UK majority then do be it. Destiny in our own hands. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Cheviotstag said:


However,  your comment would be fairer and better in tone if you had used “he/his” rather than “they/their”

Unfortunately when "he" or "she" makes a comment, it is extrapolated to "they" to score a point on the whole Indy project. Typical bigot behaviour that is just quite sad really.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Mclean07 said:

I’m afraid “they” are all over the internet comparing “us” with England. No English people comparing themselves with Scotland. Zero. Only us. The SNP were doing ok, but sadly reverting to type. Ashamed.

A significant percentage of the active social media population is moronically stupid - on both sides of any debate.

It is easy for you to find stuff to post here to reinforce your view - but I remain convinced that what you constantly post is not representative of what mainstream pro-Indy or SNP people think.  The zoomers are a small minority. Most of us on here will not defend the indefensible when someone badly crosses a line (ie Mackay or every time that twat Mason opens his mouth)
 

It would be really easy to flood these pages with examples of crass tweets from unionists but that would just be whataboutery and do nothing to enhance debate

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Mclean07 said:

2442DD43-7BE7-49A7-9262-973F62FDF070.jpeg.36052dd42033c5991c35617cfd21f5f3.jpeg

Your point is? I explained it as it stood. Given my job i am fully aware that the funding packages are being reviewed and evolved all the time. I wrote a paper on two potential solutions to feed into Scottish Government last Friday. But thanks for pointing this development out to me - I wasn't aware B|

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Cheviotstag said:

A significant percentage of the active social media population is moronically stupid - on both sides of any debate.

It is easy for you to find stuff to post here to reinforce your view - but I remain convinced that what you constantly post is not representative of what mainstream pro-Indy or SNP people think.  The zoomers are a small minority. Most of us on here will not defend the indefensible when someone badly crosses a line (ie Mackay or every time that twat Mason opens his mouth)
 

It would be really easy to flood these pages with examples of crass tweets from unionists but that would just be whataboutery and do nothing to enhance debate

It wouldn’t be so bad if it was just the zoomers, but a significant number of times it comes from elected representatives. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, KillieBus said:

I don't think it is obvious at all that the company have a contract with PHE. What is obvious is that they have been told where they can and cannot sell their goods. The company statement is clear that they have been advised not to sell the goods in question outside of England (they even apologise for it). I also don't think that it is up to the supplier in question to explain why PHE are making these decisions.

In my experience of dealings with PHE, they have always played an advisory and guidance role to the NHS Trusts that we deal with rather than as a direct purchaser.

It certainly doesn't look like we are all in it together, if this is true.

I suggest you watch Sky News , they had an interview with Sam Gompels at 9.40 am . Very interesting .i was wrong they have no NHS contracts so PHE have no say on who they can supply . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, plunkit said:

Your point is? I explained it as it stood. Given my job i am fully aware that the funding packages are being reviewed and evolved all the time. I wrote a paper on two potential solutions to feed into Scottish Government last Friday. But thanks for pointing this development out to me - I wasn't aware B|

What's this? You wrote an actual paper on this very subject but someone with time to kill who frequents Twitter knows better?!? 9_9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/14/2020 at 3:34 PM, Mclean07 said:

Apparently dismissed as rubbish by Jason Leitch. But never mind, it’s done it’s job, division, grievance probably hatred and been retweeted and facebooked thousands of times. Odious rag. Our poor country.

08F3EFB2-88D8-42A4-9965-722D56062943.png.cccd0d904684f7227e1911f429ab5d00.png

I see Jason Leitch has apologised for his rubbish claims and that the Scottish Government were correct to question this but that won’t satisfy you Mclean. Quick, get googling to find out more SNP bad stories.

Funny how you didn’t find the one about the female Labour MP that said the Labour Party is not the party for benefit claimers. Sounds like a Tory who think all benefit claimants are scroungers.

No wonder that people are leaving your once proud Socialist party in droves.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, harley said:

I see Jason Leitch has apologised for his rubbish claims and that the Scottish Government were correct to question this but that won’t satisfy you Mclean. Quick, get googling to find out more SNP bad stories.

Funny how you didn’t find the one about the female Labour MP that said the Labour Party is not the party for benefit claimers. Sounds like a Tory who think all benefit claimants are scroungers.

No wonder that people are leaving your once proud Socialist party in droves.

When you watch the Scottish govt press conferences and see the quality of the opposition, no wonder folk leaving in droves. They are laughable if it was not so serious. Labour guy yesterday telling Sturgeon a fella hadnt got his isolation letter and he was scared to go out and what she gonna do about it?. Here's an idea, instead of trying to score a political point, Sturgeon correctly pointed out. "Phone your GP'"!!! Doh! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

The Killie Trust

KFC Supporters Association

Young Kilmarnock

FC Kilmarnock

Kilmarnock FC (Official)

×