Top 3 most right wing PMs in past 40 years ?

EKX16

2 minutes ago, Prahakillie said:

You've listed them in correct order, from least to most. 

Depends how you'd judge it.  Austerity was the most right wing policy any UK gov has undertaken in my lifetime.  In some respects, gay marriage etc, Thatcher, Major would (probably) have been way more right wing than the modern politicians.

Modern PMs, way more right wing than Thatcher or Major, in terms of other social liberties, data protection, your right to work abroad etc. 

They all took with one hand and gave with the other.  Perhaps with the exception of DC in the austerity years, although as an individual DC didn't appear that right wing. But I'd let him win on the basis of stealth.

I think the concept of right wing and left wing has been redundant for a while. 

Thatcher was genuinely bought into an extreme version of traditional right wing economic ideology, Major somewhat less so.

Cameron, Blair, Johnson etc - all just completely amoral ego-trippers.

May - only got job when no one else in their "right" mind would take it.

Thatcher then Blair then May.

I think Major was uncomfortable with the right wing excesses of his own side. Cameron and Johnston are both fairly soft right. Sadly Johnston will lick anybody's arse who can get him power and right not those people seem to be all right wing nut jobs.

1 hour ago, harley said:

Gordon Brown. The man who pandered to the banks, robbed pensions & loosened the financial rules helping to create the 2008 crash. 

Brown was just the wrong man, in the wrong place at the wrong time. Nowhere near as right wing as the others mentioned. Very principled and genuinely interested in lifting people out of poverty. Bit of a dick when it comes to Scottish independence right enough, but so is everyone else on that list.