100 Years Ago Today

Lroy

8 minutes ago, casual observer said:

Did anyone have a young face in the 20’s? I’m assuming they’ve just completed their 12 hour shifts before getting the photo taken. 

A few years spent in the trenches wouldn't be that great for anyones complexion!

29 minutes ago, SCOOT KFC said:

My great grandads commemorative Scottish cup cup.  Was given to my dad at a young age, he was told it has to only be drank from when we win the Scottish cup (therefore only been drank from 3 times in 100 years)  my dad managed to raise a glass in 1997. Hopefully I can share a drink with him soon!  

1773F3DA-B834-43BC-8ECF-D210F5C5B3AE.jpeg

Excellent momento

2 hours ago, SCOOT KFC said:

My great grandads commemorative Scottish cup cup.  Was given to my dad at a young age, he was told it has to only be drank from when we win the Scottish cup (therefore only been drank from 3 times in 100 years)  my dad managed to raise a glass in 1997. Hopefully I can share a drink with him soon!  

Absolutely brilliant mate what a momento to have

10 hours ago, SCOOT KFC said:

My late mum was brought up by her aunt ( my"grandma" in Springburn)  My gran was originally from Mauchline and worked as a conductress on the Killie trams! but the whole of that family originated from Ayrshire and that is the reason I have supported the mighty since the later part of the 1960's! Guid auld Killie was one of her favourite sayings especially when we won and more so whenever we beat the old filth much to the annoyance of my largely hun supporting relatives!

2 hours ago, killieinkirkie said:

My late mum was brought up by her aunt ( my"grandma" in Springburn)  My gran was originally from Mauchline and worked as a conductress on the Killie trams! but the whole of that family originated from Ayrshire and that is the reason I have supported the mighty since the later part of the 1960's! Guid auld Killie was one of her favourite sayings especially when we won and more so whenever we beat the old filth much to the annoyance of my largely hun supporting relatives!

What a great story mate