Economic impact of Coronavirus

Killiepies

1 hour ago, Killiepies said:

No just the truth.Can you not see the damage that is being done to the economy because our devolved government will not open up the country to business Get your tartan specs  off and live in the real world business up and down the country unable to work but there counter parts in other country's are .The virus has all but run it course in Scotland and the health service can cope.Just take a look around you ,the majority of the population aren't bothering with social distancing ,5 mile rule and the rest .There is probably more chance of getting struck by lightning than dying from corona virus unless your in a nursing home .There is no need what's  so ever to still be in the present form of lock down.Is it a SNP plan to have high unemployment in Scotland and blame it all on Westminster ? 

There has been nearly 50,000 deaths and all some folk can think of is money. 

Maybe if we had the capability that Germany had for testing, then four fifths of those poor people would still be alive and we'd all be sunning ourselves in Majorca by now.

As it is, ScotGov is taking it one step at a time and are doing the right thing under the circumstances.

Btw, the RSPA suggest that 30-60 people are struck by lightning each year in Britain, and on average, 3 are fatal. If only we had that level of Covid death. 9_9

Edited by Scooter

11 minutes ago, Killiepies said:

The virus has all but run it course in Scotland and the health service can cope.

Aye, because of social distancing and the lockdown.  All the epidemiologists have said that minute restrictions are eased and you take the lid off it, the obvious will happen - unless there's a antidote or covid has been completely eradicated.  There's even been outbreaks in Beijing this week, months after the last one. They managed to eradicate covid in New Zealand, we're miles off that in the UK _EPL football or not!  Deaths may be similar to when we went into lockdown, but that was why we went into lockdown in the first place, deaths should have been well under that level, before the restrictions were even considered being eased. 

53 minutes ago, Killiepies said:

No just the truth.Can you not see the damage that is being done to the economy because our devolved government will not open up the country to business Get your tartan specs  off and live in the real world business up and down the country unable to work but there counter parts in other country's are .The virus has all but run it course in Scotland and the health service can cope.Just take a look around you ,the majority of the population aren't bothering with social distancing ,5 mile rule and the rest .There is probably more chance of getting struck by lightning than dying from corona virus unless your in a nursing home .There is no need what's  so ever to still be in the present form of lock down.Is it a SNP plan to have high unemployment in Scotland and blame it all on Westminster ? 

This is even more paranoid unionist bollocks if the highest order.   Fk me this is worthy if McLean.

It literally took you 1 and a half sentences to use the word Tartan and then another few to start with the SNP bad nonsense.

You also ignored the fact that the UK government have had to perform a U turn on some if the things you're advocating the devolved government do.

Hypocrisy and absolute nonsense to boot.

10 hours ago, RAG said:

London was well ahead of the curve catching it and had settled down compared to the rest of the country. About 1/5 of Londoners had it but is as low as 4% in English regions.  Major outbreaks in Yorkshire, Anglesey and Wrexham only this week, which are probably more comparable with Scotland than a metropolis like London is.

That’s my point , London the most densely populated and racially diverse city in the U.K. is 20 days out of lockdown , albeit with social distancing , masks etc and despite the poor messaging from WM , but no spike ? Perhaps herd immunity is a factor ? I read that the deprived inner city boroughs like Tower Hamlets have lower cases per 100k than all of Ayrshire . 
I genuinely hope that centralised lockdown will not be needed , I realise that localised action may be necessary at certain times but this should allow the economy to get back to some sort of normality which is essential in my view for a lot of people’s mental health . 

15 hours ago, Killiepies said:

Wee are way behind the rest of the U.K. .Scotland is on economic lock down while our r rate is lower than most of the U.K..Scotland will suffer more than any other region because of this ,do we breath diffrent from the rest of the U.K. ? .There is no need to wait another 10 days before opening up the shops also construction and manufacturing are at a stand still while there counterparts in the rest of the country are getting up and running.No plan what so ever for schools to return to full time education .If there isn't another spike in the next week after all the protests ,party's and day trippers we will all have been taken for fools.Scotlands economy is being destroyed by the ultra cautious path the FM and her government are taking 

Hiya Jackson, hiya pal...where’s the artwork btw?

17 minutes ago, Killiepies said:

How's it going Wullie.How do you get the time to post on here when you should be working out how to get our children back to some resemblance of full time education or do you think 1day a week is OK 

I'm sure he's too busy working at a hospital dealing with loads of sick people, what are you doing?

I've been hearing there has been an increase of coronavirus in some parts of England and in Florida bars that were recently opened are closed because of an increase in cases there as well. As far as opening up schools I would err on the side of caution. I think there will be changes to schooling over the coming weeks.

Edited by EKX16
Added info

5 hours ago, Bonbon19 said:

That’s my point , London the most densely populated and racially diverse city in the U.K. is 20 days out of lockdown , albeit with social distancing , masks etc and despite the poor messaging from WM , but no spike ? 

The time constant for the covid-19 virus in human populations is not well understood. Comming out of lockdown means there are still lockdown measures slowing it down. It could be 3 weeks or 3 months. Also the size of the 2nd peak is quite uncertain. It may be so small we dont notice it. I do however note there gas been a bit of an increase in some states in the US which eased the lockdown over a month ago.

1 hour ago, gdevoy said:

The time constant for the covid-19 virus in human populations is not well understood. Comming out of lockdown means there are still lockdown measures slowing it down. It could be 3 weeks or 3 months. Also the size of the 2nd peak is quite uncertain. It may be so small we dont notice it. I do however note there gas been a bit of an increase in some states in the US which eased the lockdown over a month ago.

My wife and Inhad the virus (a mild case) but she struggled with her breathing not quite enough for her to be admitted.  Now a few months later, she cannot climb a flight of stairs without having to stop at the top to catch her breath. 

If we want thousands upon thousands of more people to suffer the same then hey lets all just go back to normal, eh.

3 hours ago, Beaker71 said:

My wife and Inhad the virus (a mild case) but she struggled with her breathing not quite enough for her to be admitted.  Now a few months later, she cannot climb a flight of stairs without having to stop at the top to catch her breath. 

If we want thousands upon thousands of more people to suffer the same then hey lets all just go back to normal, eh.

Sorry to hear that Beaker71 we can't be cavalier in our approach to this virus. Over the weeks the death toll has gone down but we can't afford to jeopardize things by being complacent.

1 hour ago, Killiepies said:

https://metro.co.uk/2020/06/25/quarter-furloughed-workers-lose-jobs-scheme-ends-12899928/

looks like wee are in for more time in the house .Unpaid this time though 

Looks like a lot of furloughed folk on the beach at Bournemouth today Killiepies. Staggerinlyg a tattooed arsehole on the beach saying this could coz a second wave. Yes mate, coz assholes like you ON THE BEACH! Might as well have kept everything open. Gollum breaks the rules but what are the rules....... What a f**king mess this govt has created. 

1 hour ago, Shropshire_killie said:

Looks like a lot of furloughed folk on the beach at Bournemouth today Killiepies. Staggerinlyg a tattooed arsehole on the beach saying this could coz a second wave. Yes mate, coz assholes like you ON THE BEACH! Might as well have kept everything open. Gollum breaks the rules but what are the rules....... What a f**king mess this govt has created. 

I Would not let that waste of space of a pm be a leader of a chimpanzee tea party

2 hours ago, Beaker71 said:

I wouldn’t let ANY unionist in charge of anything.

2 hours ago, Beaker71 said:

I wouldn’t let ANY unionist in charge of anything.

IN over 40 years of  voting this idiot of a guy transcends anything i have ever seen what ever  party you voted for

Edited by killie1961
wrong word

On 6/19/2020 at 6:17 PM, Killiepies said:

Wee are way behind the rest of the U.K. .Scotland is on economic lock down while our r rate is lower than most of the U.K..Scotland will suffer more than any other region because of this ,do we breath diffrent from the rest of the U.K. ? .There is no need to wait another 10 days before opening up the shops also construction and manufacturing are at a stand still while there counterparts in the rest of the country are getting up and running.No plan what so ever for schools to return to full time education .If there isn't another spike in the next week after all the protests ,party's and day trippers we will all have been taken for fools.Scotlands economy is being destroyed by the ultra cautious path the FM and her government are taking 

Must commend you on this post. Three days after you stated your concerns, Sturgeon over ruled the hapless Swinney and performed a screeching u turn going from one day a week in some schools to full time. There was no change in the science, just parents telling her how impractical it was for both the children and parents trying to get back to work. She did exactly as Jack McConnell advised and made her existing plan, Plan B. Pity the wasted effort put in by so many people to implement her first plan. East Ayrshire is not changing anything at present in case she changes her mind again. So after you got pelters for “putting lives at risk”, 3 days later it was ok. They’ll never do anything that risks votes. 

On 6/19/2020 at 9:27 PM, Scooter said:

There has been nearly 50,000 deaths and all some folk can think of is money. 

Maybe if we had the capability that Germany had for testing, then four fifths of those poor people would still be alive and we'd all be sunning ourselves in Majorca by now.

As it is, ScotGov is taking it one step at a time and are doing the right thing under the circumstances.

Btw, the RSPA suggest that 30-60 people are struck by lightning each year in Britain, and on average, 3 are fatal. If only we had that level of Covid death. 9_9

The testing record of the Scottish Government is woeful. It’s always jam tomorrow, exactly the same as the UK, so I’ll assume that’s who your criticising. Folk aren’t just thinking about money, they’re thinking about ordinary people’s jobs. Long term, a huge increase in unemployment will do far more harm than Covid. 

On 6/19/2020 at 5:18 PM, Shropshire_killie said:

This prick Williamson is so embarrassing. Incredibly this incredibly that.... Hes just said "we are ahead of Northern Ireland" in terms of the schools going back  What the f**k. 

Satire dies a little again as a Nationalist criticises someone for comparing their country with another country :D

15 hours ago, Mclean07 said:

Satire dies a little again as a Nationalist criticises someone for comparing their country with another country :D

Irony laughs at the site’s biggest nationalist posting this when most of his posts compare his country to another. 

14 hours ago, Beaker71 said:

Geez peace with your scot hating man.  If you hate it soo much why not live to somewhere Labour are relevant, like the 1970s.

If you don’t like it here why don’t you go home/somewhere else.

copyright BNP, Nazis or any other nationalist group who don’t tolerate opposition.