Economic impact of Coronavirus

Killiepies

1 hour ago, Bonbon19 said:

So when your mum made you a roast chicken/beef/lamb/turkey/ham dinner did she toast it in the oven ? ;) 

‘Ive followed the science on this question . 

Salmonella must be a common problem in your house if you only roast your chicken for a couple of minutes under the grill. 

Edited by Zorro

55 minutes ago, Zorro said:

Salmonella must be a common problem in your house if you only roast your chicken for a couple of minutes under the grill. 

I always read the instructions on the bag or take the advice of my butcher . I feel I’m fully able to tell when cheese is ready without the advice of a cheesemonger tbf . 

2 hours ago, Bonbon19 said:

So when your mum made you a roast chicken/beef/lamb/turkey/ham dinner did she toast it in the oven ? ;) 

‘Ive followed the science on this question . 

No because she wasn't grilling it. 

Though growing up we had one of those over the job type grills. 

One of these type things.

u_21408635.jpg

But with a single oven I roast a chicken and grill my toastie in the same aperture

Edited by Pompey Exile
Not at the same time I should add

2 hours ago, Pompey Exile said:

No because she wasn't grilling it. 

Though growing up we had one of those over the job type grills. 

One of these type things.

u_21408635.jpg

But with a single oven I roast a chicken and grill my toastie in the same aperture

Ah I can see why  you’re confused , we’re not discussing grilled cheese . ;) 

And those over the top grill jobs were a health and safety nightmare 

13 hours ago, Bonbon19 said:

I always read the instructions on the bag or take the advice of my butcher . I feel I’m fully able to tell when cheese is ready without the advice of a cheesemonger tbf . 

Has either the bag or your butcher advised you to roast your chicken under the grill?

29 minutes ago, Zorro said:

Has either the bag or your butcher advised you to roast your chicken under the grill?

No I use one of these in the oven and sometimes I split the bag so that the element above the bird can crisp the skin .

And before you ask no I don’t put my roasted cheese in these , that’s just silly , and messy ;) 

F63E8CF0-F554-4790-9D2D-35E3C73E44A2.jpeg

3 hours ago, Bonbon19 said:

No I use one of these in the oven and sometimes I split the bag so that the element above the bird can crisp the skin .

And before you ask no I don’t put my roasted cheese in these , that’s just silly , and messy ;) 

F63E8CF0-F554-4790-9D2D-35E3C73E44A2.jpeg

That element above the bird is the grill element. If you’re using that to cook stuff, you’re grilling. You can’t use it to roast things. Not even cheese. Follow the science. 

36 minutes ago, Zorro said:

That element above the bird is the grill element. If you’re using that to cook stuff, you’re grilling. You can’t use it to roast things. Not even cheese. Follow the science. 

You can on some Bosch/Neff ovens.  Circo-Roasting they call it,  I used it once and it completely nuked a chicken in the recommenced cooking time!

Circo Roasting is an ideal function for cooking meat and poultry for a perfect crispy skin and rotisserie flavour. The grill and fan distribute heat alternatively, reducing cooking times by 35-40%.

33 minutes ago, RAG said:

You can on some Bosch/Neff ovens.  Circo-Roasting they call it,  I used it once and it completely nuked a chicken in the recommenced cooking time!

Circo Roasting is an ideal function for cooking meat and poultry for a perfect crispy skin and rotisserie flavour. The grill and fan distribute heat alternatively, reducing cooking times by 35-40%.

That still sounds like a grill, albeit alternating between the oven/fan element and the grill element. I think the clue is in the “The grill and fan distribute heat alternatively”. Nice try at muddying the water though. There’s no trick you roastit cheese advocates or cheese on toast deniers to give you your proper name, won’t stoop. 

13 minutes ago, Zorro said:

That still sounds like a grill, albeit alternating between the oven/fan element and the grill element. I think the clue is in the “The grill and fan distribute heat alternatively”. Nice try at muddying the water though. There’s no trick you roastit cheese advocates or cheese on toast deniers to give you your proper name, won’t stoop. 

It doesn't use the bottom oven element, like it does in 'oven' mode.  So it is a kind of fan-grill-German-roastit thingy.  A more useful feature is being able to use the bottom oven element only. Which makes nice crispy based pizzas, that aren't burnt on top - that in itself defies my knowledge of science.

Might get some cheese and sign up for the next series of the Great British Grill Off and take it up wi Mary Berry..

1 hour ago, RAG said:

Guess what type of oven I’ve got :) 

1 hour ago, Zorro said:

Zorro haul your sorry ass into the 21st century get a Circo -Roasting oven and embrace the circo-roasted cheese .

1 hour ago, RAG said:

It doesn't use the bottom oven element, like it does in 'oven' mode.  So it is a kind of fan-grill-German-roastit thingy.  A more useful feature is being able to use the bottom oven element only. Which makes nice crispy based pizzas, that aren't burnt on top - that in itself defies my knowledge of science.

Might get some cheese and sign up for the next series of the Great British Grill Off and take it up wi Mary Berry..

23 minutes ago, Bonbon19 said:

Guess what type of oven I’ve got :) 

Zorro haul your sorry ass into the 21st century get a Circo -Roasting oven and embrace the circo-roasted cheese .

What is CircoTherm?

CircoTherm is Neff’s patented fan technology that you won’t find on any other oven. CircoTherm works by drawing air in from the oven via a powerful stainless steel fan. It then heats up the air and forces it right back into the oven cavity through strategically placed ducts in the rear wall.

The desired temperature is achieved quicker and more evenly than in a conventional oven, saving time and energy as little or no pre-heating is required. The hot air is also focused directly onto the food being cooked, wrapping the shelves to ensure the surfaces of baked and roasted items seal quickly. This keeps moisture in and prevents flavour transfer, so you can cook an entire three-course meal using all levels of the oven at the same time.

You’ll find CircoTherm on all of Neff’s ovens.

Looks like you cheese on toast deniers are being economical with the truth. Perhaps you should read up on how your oven works or if you’re not ready for the 21st century, ask your wives. 

1 hour ago, Zorro said:

Looks like you cheese on toast deniers are being economical with the truth. Perhaps you should read up on how your oven works or if you’re not ready for the 21st century, ask your wives. 

It's got 9 different settings man and that's just on the bottom cavity.  If you think that's unnecessarily complicated, you should see the instructions for my induction hob.  Whatever you do, don't get an induction hob - get even the slightest drop of water on that and the alarm goes off like you've just cleared the perimeter wall in Alcatraz! I don't even have the excuse of having a live in wife  - I need to know where the start button is on the washing machine as a result!

Edited by RAG