Economic impact of Coronavirus

Killiepies

1 hour ago, Bonbon19 said:

I should have perhaps used the word many had to travel out of Scotland. But the point remains, it’s not a unionist/nationalist thing many had to travel to or were already in countries that aided in the fulfilment of their dreams . Doesn’t stop the invention originating in Scotland and rightly claimed as such 

Okies Bonbon. I knew you'd correct yourself. Gentleman.

2 hours ago, Bonbon19 said:

I should have perhaps used the word many had to travel out of Scotland. But the point remains, it’s not a unionist/nationalist thing many had to travel to or were already in countries that aided in the fulfilment of their dreams . Doesn’t stop the invention originating in Scotland and rightly claimed as such 

There was full employment in kilmarnock in the 60s a boom town but people still emigrated for a better life

20 hours ago, Mclean07 said:

1BA22939-325B-43BB-9E45-C4E36C2A1582.jpeg.d5617926ed8db5f62fb3da61d2df7553.jpeg

She knew and was going to go ahead with the OF game. St Nicola.

You probably think you've posted a zinger but there's one flaw in this, the game didn't go ahead, did it? 

And the rest of the games didn't go ahead either, after liaising with the government, all domestic matches in Scotland where postponed on 13th March. There was no official lockdown until 23rd March.

But some people just can't put bitterness aside to try and make some sort of capital out of this crisis.9_9

3 minutes ago, Scooter said:

You probably think you've posted a zinger but there's one flaw in this, the game didn't go ahead, did it? 

And the rest of the games didn't go ahead either, after liaising with the government, all domestic matches in Scotland where postponed on 13th March. There was no official lockdown until 23rd March.

But some people just can't put bitterness aside to try and make some sort of capital out of this crisis.9_9

Not commenting on any supposed cover-up but it wasn't until the Friday that the Sevco v Celtic game was called off. A lot of us were posting about the madness of that game going ahead before the last-minute decision to call it off. Wales didn't cover themselves in glory either by taking ages to cancel the Wales v Scotland rugby. Easy for us to say in hindsight but neither of the four regions acted quickly enough to stop the spread of the virus. 

32 minutes ago, Scooter said:

Only postponed when they felt the wrath of an unbelieving public. Till then, utvwas going ahead.

8 minutes ago, Mclean07 said:

Only postponed when they felt the wrath of an unbelieving public. Till then, utvwas going ahead.

But the correct decision was made, right? And they're still getting jip for it, all because of your seethe for the SNP! 9_9

5 minutes ago, Scooter said:

But the correct decision was made, right? And they're still getting jip for it, all because of your seethe for the SNP! 9_9

Only because she was forced into it. That’s not a decision. Anyway have fun answering my question on the other thread. Government is easy when you’re only playing at it. 

2 hours ago, gdevoy said:

I think it was seeing the projected numbers that scared the bejesus out of them. Dont think it was public outrage.

I think she also followed the U.K. govts U turn on the herd theory . Whether that was a good idea we’ll not know until this is over and we can sort of , compare with Sweden .  Also  whether Sturgeon had the political will or wherewith all is also a factor . 

I think she also followed the U.K. govts U turn on the herd theory . 

I think they all started off with "herd immunity" as the objective. Then they all saw the figures on projected casualties and the prospect of people being turned away from hospitals because there was no space and totally shat it.

Now they are looking at the economic impact of their actions and crapping themselves over that. I think right now they are all well out of their depth. The only difference between the UK and Trump is that Trump is less good at covering up what an inadequate cretin he is.  

6 hours ago, Mclean07 said:

Only because she was forced into it. That’s not a decision. Anyway have fun answering my question on the other thread. Government is easy when you’re only playing at it. 

Also easy when you have all the controls and s**t loads of north sea pil to gorge yourselves on eh.

You are the most bitter individual I have ever had the misfortune to come across.  You absolutely despise your own nation, with a seethe which is so strong it rips through every single post.

You live in the past  as that's all labour has its past, have they achieved good things?  Yes in the past, but they had 50years and more of total control of Scotland and did absolutely jack s**t with it.

18 hours ago, Beaker71 said:

Also easy when you have all the controls and s**t loads of north sea pil to gorge yourselves on eh.

You are the most bitter individual I have ever had the misfortune to come across.  You absolutely despise your own nation, with a seethe which is so strong it rips through every single post.

You live in the past  as that's all labour has its past, have they achieved good things?  Yes in the past, but they had 50years and more of total control of Scotland and did absolutely jack s**t with it.

Totally irrelevant. She screwed up. If she can make separate decisions now, she could’ve made them then. North Sea oil. What’s that to do with the price of fish :2: She’s also back to het cover up instincts. As below, probably in the top three worst countries in the world.
8E5D0A98-2AE5-492D-AEE7-AFD46D5E95C6.jpeg.a75eb14d71d79504c4bea5d90c107b35.jpeg

22 hours ago, gdevoy said:

I think they all started off with "herd immunity" as the objective. Then they all saw the figures on projected casualties and the prospect of people being turned away from hospitals because there was no space and totally shat it.

Now they are looking at the economic impact of their actions and crapping themselves over that. I think right now they are all well out of their depth. The only difference between the UK and Trump is that Trump is less good at covering up what an inadequate cretin he is.  

1 hour ago, Mclean07 said:

Sturgeon’s different strategy. The same as England’s but two weeks later.

The Scottish Govt had a heads up moment with the “Nikegate “ weeks before the lockdown and Sturgeon hid behind “patient confidentiality “ 

2 hours ago, Bonbon19 said:

The Scottish Govt had a heads up moment with the “Nikegate “ weeks before the lockdown and Sturgeon hid behind “patient confidentiality “ 

How many confirmed cases were there throughout the U.K., prior to the Scottish government getting the “heads up” and what had the uk government done to contact trace anyone who’d been in contact with these patients and which measures had they put in place to stop any potential spreading of the virus by asymptomatic carriers?

With Nike having their U.K. HQ in London; a known hotspot for the virus, it would’ve seemed prudent to have measures in place, to limit the potential spread of the virus throughout the rest of the U.K.  Surely the U.K. government should’ve learnt from the Chinese example of quarantining Wuhan to limit the spread?

17 minutes ago, Zorro said:

How many confirmed cases were there throughout the U.K., prior to the Scottish government getting the “heads up” and what had the uk government done to contact trace anyone who’d been in contact with these patients and which measures had they put in place to stop any potential spreading of the virus by asymptomatic carriers?

With Nike having their U.K. HQ in London; a known hotspot for the virus, it would’ve seemed prudent to have measures in place, to limit the potential spread of the virus throughout the rest of the U.K.  Surely the U.K. government should’ve learnt from the Chinese example of quarantining Wuhan to limit the spread?

As you’ll know there was no cases of it in the U.K. but to my knowledge the U.K. govt wasn’t given the overt warning of coronavirus that the Scottish govt was from a prominent source . If you believe the statistics quoted in the programme it could have saved lives . As it was a public health question it was up to the Scottish govt to contact and trace these patients and once it had to notify other agencies and govts ? 

At the end of the day nobody is coming out of this looking too clever , Sturgeon appears to be handling things better than most but it shouldn’t stop her being questioned on this matter . Her advisors or speechwriter were badly informed to allow her to use patient confidentiality as an excuse . I checked with my defence society (MDDUS) and its not absolute in these circumstances. 

The level of rabid efforts to try and have a go at the Scot Govt in the face if an unprecedented level of shambolic clusterf**kness from WM, is laughable.

These people say they're Scots, but when it comes to the crunch they never criticise their london masters and feverishly trawl the interweb and blow every single negative aspect of the Scot Govt decision to armageddon levels.

There will be a day when they look in the mirror and the person who looks back is ashamed.  And it's coming soon.

38 minutes ago, Bonbon19 said:

As you’ll know there was no cases of it in the U.K. but to my knowledge the U.K. govt wasn’t given the overt warning of coronavirus that the Scottish govt was from a prominent source . If you believe the statistics quoted in the programme it could have saved lives . As it was a public health question it was up to the Scottish govt to contact and trace these patients and once it had to notify other agencies and govts ? 

At the end of the day nobody is coming out of this looking too clever , Sturgeon appears to be handling things better than most but it shouldn’t stop her being questioned on this matter . Her advisors or speechwriter were badly informed to allow her to use patient confidentiality as an excuse . I checked with my defence society (MDDUS) and its not absolute in these circumstances. 

There were cases of covid-19 in the U.K. by the end of January. The first confirmed positive case in Scotland was the beginning of March. In the month In between the U.K. government did nothing to prevent the spread from areas with confirmed cases, to those areas without any. The next king of Britain was still free to travel from the south of England to his highland home, while covid-19 positive, well into March. The spread of this virus through the U.K. is solely down to U.K. government policies. They had the power to impose a lockdown and chose not to. 

5 hours ago, Mclean07 said:

As below, probably in the top three worst countries in the world.
8E5D0A98-2AE5-492D-AEE7-AFD46D5E95C6.jpeg.a75eb14d71d79504c4bea5d90c107b35.jpeg

Yup, the entire UK probably the worst country in Europe for Covid deaths but all the governments crowing about how well they have done to cover up their incompetence.

Pushed into third of fourth place by Russia, Brazil and the runaway competition winners the USA. It seems the worse the country is doing the more they trumpet how weall they are handling it. Crowned by the bulls**ter in chief himself, The Trumpet. 

12 hours ago, Zorro said:

There were cases of covid-19 in the U.K. by the end of January. The first confirmed positive case in Scotland was the beginning of March. In the month In between the U.K. government did nothing to prevent the spread from areas with confirmed cases, to those areas without any. The next king of Britain was still free to travel from the south of England to his highland home, while covid-19 positive, well into March. The spread of this virus through the U.K. is solely down to U.K. government policies. They had the power to impose a lockdown and chose not to. 

There is no doubt the U.K. govt have mishandled this crisis but so has Holyrood . There was a complacency by all but to say it’s the sole responsibility of only the U.K. govt to tell the other govts what to do in this matter is wrong especially when it is as important as public health which Holyrood has responsibility for . If you’ve got these powers and don’t use them when you’ve been given salient information I believe that’s just as bad . 
If you look at it from a totally political point of view then Sturgeon missed the opportunity to steal a march on Johnson and bring the lockdown in sooner . 

There is no doubt the U.K. govt have mishandled this crisis but so has Holyrood . There was a complacency by all but to say it’s the sole responsibility of only the U.K. govt to tell the other govts what to do in this matter is wrong especially when it is as important as public health which Holyrood has responsibility for . If you’ve got these powers and don’t use them when you’ve been given salient information I believe that’s just as bad . 
If you look at it from a totally political point of view then Sturgeon missed the opportunity to steal a march on Johnson and bring the lockdown in sooner . 

I’d be interested to hear which powers the Scottish government could’ve used to prevent U.K. citizens, from the other devolved nations, from entering Scotland. I’d be interested to hear which powers they could’ve used to stop flights coming into Scotland. I’d be delighted if you could explain which powers they could’ve used to  get more test kits after the U.K. government took control of the supply. 

On the same day the first case was confirmed in Scotland, Boris used prime time tv to tell the entire U.K. that singing happy birthday twice, while washing our hands was going to keep us all safe. He was merrily shaking hands with patients in English hospitals. Imagine the outcry from unionists if Nicola Sturgeon had went on tv and said don’t listen to that Buffon, his advice is going to lead to tens of thousands of needless deaths. It was only a few days ago that unionists we’re getting their knickers in a twist that Scotland wasn’t easing the lockdown precautions in line with England. Political point scoring was the phrase used. How are they going to pay to keep workers furloughed was the cry. Now imagine “Wee Nicola” at the border telling the bold Prince Charles that he and his entourage weren’t welcome. The British press would’ve ripped her to shreds.  

Edited by Zorro