Best player

Bobby14

10 minutes ago, RAG said:

Getting away from the usual suspects, surrounded by expensive players; I vividly recall Paul Lambert totally embarrassing us playing for Motherwell at RP, in one particular game, where no-one could get anywhere near him.

Although Lambert won a Champions League medal I’m not sure he got the fanfare he deserved. He was a great player

Brian Laudrup December 1994 - torrential rain. We lost 2-1 and Laudrup won it single-handedly.  I recall one incident when about six of our guys were chasing him and no one could get near him.

Davie Cooper, September 1982. We lost 6-1 and Cooper scored four. He was sensational that night. Being 12 years old, I thought we still had a chance in the second leg, despite having also lost 5-0 in the league. 6-0 that night, and 17 goals conceded in 3 games against Rangers.

39 minutes ago, Killieboykfc said:

Van Dijk

One of the best if not the best CB in the world right now but I thought others looked better than him. I’d have put Denayer or Wanyama ahead of him around the same time. Neither of those have went to the same level as Van Dijk since. 

Avoiding the usual names that at have already came up, one I think of, as much as I hate to say it, was James Maddison at Aberdeen. Looked like he was gliding above the turf. Absolutely strolled it and dictated the game. Hayes and Mcginn either side of him and Rooney up front ran us ragged that day