Best player

Bobby14

34 minutes ago, piffer said:

One of the best if not the best CB in the world right now but I thought others looked better than him. I’d have put Denayer or Wanyama ahead of him around the same time. Neither of those have went to the same level as Van Dijk since. 

I thought van dijk was unreal. So fast and powerful and could play. He could dribble with the ball better than most premiership midfielders at the time imo. 

2 minutes ago, caltonkid said:

Remember seeing Alan Shearer absolutely destroy us in i think a pre season friendly - i remember our defenders bouncing off of him and he scored from memory a hat trick that night

The grand opening of the completed Rugby Park

djorkaeff was unbelievable that night, the shearer game against blackburn he really bullied our centre halfs &scored a hatrick but the thing i remember was i think hendry got injured early on & they move chris sutton to centre half & he strolled it.

domestically the obvious ones larrson, laudrup gazza but tugay fae oldco always looked compossed on the ball

6 hours ago, CB said:

The grand opening of the completed Rugby Park

Still got the souvenir programme in a box somewhere. 

s-l225.jpg

A five nil pumping. It was rumoured Kenny Dal might be taking the field at some point, unfortunately that didn't happen although he wasn't needed. 

26 minutes ago, trenwick said:

djorkaeff was unbelievable that night, the shearer game against blackburn he really bullied our centre halfs &scored a hatrick but the thing i remember was i think hendry got injured early on & they move chris sutton to centre half & he strolled it.

domestically the obvious ones larrson, laudrup gazza but tugay fae oldco always looked compossed on the ball

Was it not Mike newall that got the hat trick 

14th May 1971 , Frank Beattie testimonial one of Kenny Dalgliesh's first appearances for Celtic and he scored 6 times in a 7-2 humping , I sold programs at that game they were double the normal price 10p and not 5p but we never got any extra pay which was 50p per 100. We did get complimentary tickets though!

36 minutes ago, BigHolly1957 said:

....one of Kenny Dalgliesh's first appearances for Celtic.....

Although he made his debut in September 1968 and the Beattie testimonial was in May 1971, he made just ten appearances in between times.

From the start of the 1971-72 season though, he was a first team regular making 50 appearances and scoring 23 goals in the season.

5 minutes ago, skygod said:

Although he made his debut in September 1968 and the Beattie testimonial was in May 1971, he made just ten appearances in between times.

From the start of the 1971-72 season though, he was a first team regular making 50 appearances and scoring 23 goals in the season.

The Winnner not often you see the Runner up to the Ballon d ORR at Rugby Park only beaten by the Tarnished Michel Platini

9 hours ago, BigHolly1957 said:

14th May 1971 , Frank Beattie testimonial one of Kenny Dalgliesh's first appearances for Celtic and he scored 6 times in a 7-2 humping , I sold programs at that game they were double the normal price 10p and not 5p but we never got any extra pay which was 50p per 100. We did get complimentary tickets though!

I was selling programmes too and never had the sense to keep one for myself!