Best player

Bobby14

This may sound like a "yer da" type post and some might even read it with the hovis tune running round their head, but.....

There have been a fair few truely world class players graced RP over the years, if only the younger generation could have seen them, then compare them to some of the modern day Prima Donnas.....

30 minutes ago, C4mmy31 said:

This may sound like a "yer da" type post and some might even read it with the hovis tune running round their head, but.....

There have been a fair few truely world class players graced RP over the years, if only the younger generation could have seen them, then compare them to some of the modern day Prima Donnas.....

There can't be many towns the size of Kilmarnock around the world that have a club with so much history.  We have indeed been blessed :hurrah:

12 hours ago, skygod said:

I count seven:

1st (& 3rd) - Best

2nd - Puskas, Dalglish and v Dijk

3rd - Edwards, Johnstone and Shearer

I would add Ivor Allchurch, who was an over-age Welsh under-23 player. He was easily the most under-rated player I have ever seen. Played for Wales under-23 at RP.

39 minutes ago, jasper said:

I would add Ivor Allchurch, who was an over-age Welsh under-23 player. He was easily the most under-rated player I have ever seen. Played for Wales under-23 at RP.

He was certainly well rated at the time but probably lost out historically due to the brilliance of his contemporary, John Charles. Didn’t he have a brother who also starred for Wales? Len?