Best player

Bobby14

On 4/22/2020 at 11:24 AM, red_dug said:

Didn't we beat man City 4-2 in a pre season game in the 90s or is my memory playing tricks on me?

I definitely have a programme from games against them and Bolton from the same pre season.

Are you sure? 

We played Bolton on 12 August 1995, four days after Blackburn Rovers. 

The City match was in 1997. I thought that we played Bolton the week before or after but that couldn't have been possible. 

The week before we were in France for pre-season and the week after we were at Pittodrie in the league. 

For the record, Bolton won 2-1 (Paateleinen and de Freitas, Henry for Killie). 

4 hours ago, skygod said:

Are you sure? 

We played Bolton on 12 August 1995, four days after Blackburn Rovers. 

The City match was in 1997. I thought that we played Bolton the week before or after but that couldn't have been possible. 

The week before we were in France for pre-season and the week after we were at Pittodrie in the league. 

For the record, Bolton won 2-1 (Paateleinen and de Freitas, Henry for Killie). 

You may well be right.

I remember Jason macateer played for Bolton that day.

I've seen many brilliant players at Rugby Park in my 60 years supporting Killie.

The best team I've seen has to be Sigma Olomouc, they'd only 1 full internationalist in their team but we're crammed full of Czech under 21 caps. They destroyed us, their team work, movement, timing of runs was phenomenal. I don't remember them getting caught offside once during the game.

I wonder how much it would have cost to sign the whole side en bloc, we could have won the league!

1 hour ago, Waverley said:

I've seen many brilliant players at Rugby Park in my 60 years supporting Killie.

The best team I've seen has to be Sigma Olomouc, they'd only 1 full internationalist in their team but we're crammed full of Czech under 21 caps. They destroyed us, their team work, movement, timing of runs was phenomenal. I don't remember them getting caught offside once during the game.

I wonder how much it would have cost to sign the whole side en bloc, we could have won the league!

Great Euro Trip  Sigma

3 hours ago, Waverley said:

I’ve seen us get a few hammerings at RP from the old firm and Aberdeen and Dundee Utd especially in the early 80s but I don’t think ive ever seen us get outplayed like we did that night. We barely got a kick at the ball. The Czechs were superb  

On 4/27/2020 at 9:09 AM, Waverley said:

On 4/27/2020 at 12:30 PM, historyman said:

I’ve seen us get a few hammerings at RP from the old firm and Aberdeen and Dundee Utd especially in the early 80s but I don’t think ive ever seen us get outplayed like we did that night. We barely got a kick at the ball. The Czechs were superb  

A really excellent young team.  Looking at their stats, that matchday squad went on to earn over 150 international caps!

https://www.worldfootball.net/report/europa-league-qual-1998-1999-2-runde-kilmarnock-fc-sigma-olomouc/

2 hours ago, Fankle said:

A really excellent young team.  Looking at their stats, that matchday squad went on to earn over 150 international caps!

https://www.worldfootball.net/report/europa-league-qual-1998-1999-2-runde-kilmarnock-fc-sigma-olomouc/

I really think they could have scored any number that night - and it was half decent Killie team as well. 
Marek Heinz is the name I remember. I think he went on to have a decent career

On 4/27/2020 at 12:30 PM, historyman said:

At their second goal me and my dad stood and clapped .

1 hour ago, Shropshire_killie said:

1 hour ago, Shropshire_killie said:

I remember seeing Andy Ritchie Morton thinking he did stuff other players couldnt do at that time. 

YIP player of the year in scotland 79 i think bumped into him in bellshill where he lives has a gambling problem i believe

36 minutes ago, Waverley said:

They all seemed to look like that, all very tall, very athletic and sticky up hair!

I remember Bobby Williamson's disbelief in his post match interview. "These boys they've got, they're not boys, they're men!" or words to that effect. 

On 4/29/2020 at 1:20 PM, Trumpetree said:

I always thought it was the sign of a good opposition when the Killie choir started singing "we're here, cos we love Killie"

That song rips my knitting.

You make a valid point though.

Edited by red_dug