Club shares now available

Steppskillie

8 minutes ago, skygod said:

I was going to suggest a share issue this morning as an alternative to selling season tickets!

ls there not already a lot of unsold shares?

About half, no? 8 million, only 4 million issued kind of thing.

I think the min number used to be 100 shares so the offer of 50 is possibly why it is only open to season tiket holders. Not sure why limit it though and thought they may have put together a scheme where any shares purchased could be proxy voted to The Trust. Many people are subscribing already monthly to The Trust and adding 50 more to my 100 shares mkes little difference but if collectivly via The Trust will keep increasing their share in the club towards one day fan ownership via The Trust?

3 hours ago, killiefan97 said:

I think the min number used to be 100 shares so the offer of 50 is possibly why it is only open to season tiket holders. Not sure why limit it though and thought they may have put together a scheme where any shares purchased could be proxy voted to The Trust. Many people are subscribing already monthly to The Trust and adding 50 more to my 100 shares mkes little difference but if collectivly via The Trust will keep increasing their share in the club towards one day fan ownership via The Trust?

Have been sold in blocks of 50 for years.

Think this is a great idea. Shares is something which is always available as an income stream but I’m not sure the club make enough noise about it. And in some cases under previous employees it was made quite difficult to actually buy them. Hopefully it gets a really positive response. 

This has had to be dealt with very carefully as the sales of shares in a private company are different to shares in a PLC which are openly traded. Sales of shares are open to anyone, not just season ticket holders, and always have been, so that is not an issue...it just had to be worded like that.

11 minutes ago, skygod said:

The club is operating with a skeleton staff at the moment so I wouldn't expect anything non-essential to be actioned quickly. 

Why advertise something and not have the resource in place to cope with the increased demand.

why do we continually get simple things wrong???

On 4/24/2020 at 3:10 PM, KillieFC said:

This has had to be dealt with very carefully as the sales of shares in a private company are different to shares in a PLC which are openly traded. Sales of shares are open to anyone, not just season ticket holders, and always have been, so that is not an issue...it just had to be worded like that.

Excuse my ignorance but where can non-season ticket holders purchase shares?

1 hour ago, KillieBantam said:

Excuse my ignorance but where can non-season ticket holders purchase shares?

The same place (email Club), shares are and have been available to anyone at any time for years now...the message to shareholders was just a wee reminder whilst keeping within the rules. It wouldn't be a bad idea for those shareholders who got the communique from the Club to share it with fans who didn't.