Tommy Wright

25 minutes ago, Jimmy Superscot said:

Sainties fan tells me that was very much the case. Her ability not to get things done drove Wright to distraction.

I think that was clear from his comments after a disappointing transfer window in January.

It seemed to mirror our own last summer. 

“I have lost out on players because we are not in a position at this moment in time to make offers.

“The hope seems to be that I’ll keep pulling rabbits out of the hat in the last week of the window.

“But I know one thing, I’m not taking responsibility for this transfer window.”

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/5209041/st-johnstone-tommy-wright-2/

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, Wrangodog said:

Tommy Wright wants to stay in Scottish Football and has an agreement with former chairman Steve Brown that he won't join another club until round about November. Enough time to see if AD as manager is working ? 

I wonder why he’s made an agreement like that. When you see how others struggle to get back into the game. He’s got a good reputation but out of sight out of mind. 

On 5/4/2020 at 2:35 PM, Jimmy Superscot said:

Sainties fan tells me that was very much the case. Her ability not to get things done drove Wright to distraction.

Heard exactly the same from people up that way. 
He did a great job with Saints. Will be in a new job before Christmas. 

21 minutes ago, KenVaagen1984 said:

What is the alleged issue with her supposed to be - that she is slow or risk averse or controlling or what???

I’m not really in the know. Difficult to work with in one way or another. I think he was frustrated with her not getting deals done at the transfer window for one thing, and she did an interview in the Record basically saying it would be her way or the highway from now on. 

The St Johnstone chairman stopped short of admitting that she was being used as an administrator to cut costs in an interview last season. Reduce outgoings and maximise income. That type of thing is never going to be popular With a manager. Especially when he sees them milking the OF cash cow and he’s not getting what he wants.