Retro Shirts on Ebay

CLANCY2KTID

Friend of mine has asked me to post on here to give a heads up that he's selling his collection. He's putting all his football tops on ebay, Killie and Liverpool ones just now, Scotland to follow. Seller name is killieboyz all XL in size, I think. Or if you wanna contact him directly just pm me. 

2 hours ago, Lroy said:

There's a few belters in there I'd be all over if they were in a smaller size. (In particular, 95-97 away in a medium if anyone is offering.)

The prices he's got them as are what they'd go for if it went for auction.

Pretty sure I've got that in medium mate..... 

1 hour ago, red_dug said:

He knows how to charge.

I've thought that about a few of the tops I've seen on ebay, but there seems to be a buying audience. Some of the scotland ones I've got go for well over £100, the Italia 90 era training top I've got seems to get between £2-300

1 hour ago, CLANCY2KTID said:

I've thought that about a few of the tops I've seen on ebay, but there seems to be a buying audience. Some of the scotland ones I've got go for well over £100, the Italia 90 era training top I've got seems to get between £2-300

Aye theyre popular now for sure. I've owned about 80% of killie outfield tops since 1988. Wish I'd kept more of them.

I bought a mint 91-93 home top for £20 18 months ago. 

There's the comparison.

2 minutes ago, red_dug said:

Aye theyre popular now for sure. I've owned about 80% of killie outfield tops since 1988. Wish I'd kept more of them.

I bought a mint 91-93 home top for £20 18 months ago. 

There's the comparison.

That's wild. £20 for that shirt is robbery of your part. I'd expect at least £50-60 if I sold mine.

38 minutes ago, Lroy said:

That's wild. £20 for that shirt is robbery of your part. I'd expect at least £50-60 if I sold mine.

It was from a guys collection in Bristol. He was selling all his shirts (hundreds) and had no ties to Killie. Otherwise I'd have expected to pay at least double that.

This was probably just before the boom in retro shirts to be fair. Sadly for him.

Screenshot_20200514-155214_eBay.jpg.f7bac12decd2de4adb8c1801d5994349.jpgI

I have one of the 1991-93 shirts. I don't think I've ever worn it.

I never buy replica shirts unless it's historical (1997, 2019) or I like the design (2017).  

The exceptions would be those end of season sales where the price makes it silly not to. 

My recollection is that, on the final match of the 92-93 season - Hamilton promotion clincher, someone was selling these shirts in Rugby Road for £5. 

They were in poly bags and I think I recognised the guy as a club official; in other words - not knock-off. Maybe the club shop was so busy with the big crowd that they decided to take them to the street. 

A fiver well spent, by the look of things!