Killie Face Masks

KillieFC

• baz unpinned this topic
1 hour ago, Graeme S said:

It's pretty poor if true that Nike/Just Sport wont allow the club to sell this product just now when its most needed!

Agreed. Ordered some custom ones for myself before these were announced. Will still buy an official one but club could be losing out, and that means less money for Crosshouse.

22 hours ago, jasper said:

Will it be possible to incorporate filter material in these masks ? I use Miele vacuum filters in mine and sterilise them with industrial alcohol. I'd buy a Killie mask if it were possible to stick a filter in it.

Interesting question - do you think filters make a difference?   For added protection or added confidence?

Would it be that much of a problem if we wore face masks, gloves, and adhered to social distancing and family groups ?  The club could bring in extra portaloos so that queues for the toilet would be minimalised and provide protective screens and a collection system for the kiosks. I can't see away supporters being allowed to attend for some time but that would mean more space for our own fans in Rugby Park. 

On 5/21/2020 at 3:35 PM, Al#1 said:

Interesting question - do you think filters make a difference?   For added protection or added confidence?

Filters almost certainly help  stop the spread of particles down to micromillimetre level . A study in the USA shows placing 3 coffee filters inside your facemask stops 25% more particles , don’t know about hoover filters but if they’re “HEPA “ type they’d perhaps do the job .  . I’d say it’s more for your own confidence that you’re not spreading it amongst the general population 

any % reduction is good, but remember to avoid touching the mask with your hands while wearing it, sterilize after use and wash your hands often. Saw a guy in a supermarket recently at checkout, pulled down his mask to speak, took out his wallet, licked his fingers to separate notes and hand the notes to the checkout person. Unbelievable.

8 hours ago, CardinalSpin said:

any % reduction is good, but remember to avoid touching the mask with your hands while wearing it, sterilize after use and wash your hands often. Saw a guy in a supermarket recently at checkout, pulled down his mask to speak, took out his wallet, licked his fingers to separate notes and hand the notes to the checkout person. Unbelievable.

Even local shops are taking contactless card payments, safer for the customer and the person serving. 

On 5/30/2020 at 3:19 PM, [email protected] said:

If these masks are getting made hopefully they will be manufactured in the UK and not Chinaaaa or some other back street manufacturer in another country.  

With bans of PPE  in many of China’s provinces importing from China is difficult with considerable delays. Unfortunately the Uk has very limited manufacturing capability. Our EU partners however offer a viable solution with a yes we can attitude. My own factory has invested several million in the last few years and would be the envy of many Uk facilities.

• 3 weeks later...