Right to buy

diamond_geezer

3 minutes ago, diamond_geezer said:

I'd happily tell him if he's keen Zorro. I'd tell you too , if you like. Brian too, he seems to be the keenest, I'm not sure your heart is in it. We could do it through the private thing on here, exchange details. Then no confidences would be broken.

Why be so coy mate? It's no secret blue chip companies are always on the lookout for the brightest and the best, sell your company to him. Unless your "company" is some James Bond, CIA type agency, then it's probably best if you keep things to private messages. 

No, not at all old thing. Big,non quoted but averse to having it's name bandied about on message boards. Tell you what. I'll show you mine if you show me yours. Let's say we do it through a trusted 3rd party, one of the mods? I'll provide as much detail as satisfies you if you'll do the same. Everything you would need - company name, address , position , whatever. Like a kind of escrow account, PaypaI type if you will. Would that satisfy you? The offer is genuine.

1 hour ago, Brianstorm said:
1 hour ago, Brianstorm said:

Last 8 years been magic. DG I'd consider applying,  you seem like you'd be a good mentor for me.  I've kicked on in the ol' career a few times and it now feels like it's time to make that move onto to the next level. I feel you can take me there.  

Well done, a recession is not bad news for eveyone (but it was to all those being made unemployed), you can still make money in a donwturn. It is just not as easy (for the investor).

3 hours ago, diamond_geezer said:

No, not at all old thing. Big,non quoted but averse to having it's name bandied about on message boards. Tell you what. I'll show you mine if you show me yours. Let's say we do it through a trusted 3rd party, one of the mods? I'll provide as much detail as satisfies you if you'll do the same. Everything you would need - company name, address , position , whatever. Like a kind of escrow account, PaypaI type if you will. Would that satisfy you? The offer is genuine.

Aye you can tell me, as long as you all get back on topic.

Well this has all got a bit......weird.

A few years ago when I was toiling I probably would've jumped at such an obscure offer. Mystery often tempts me. Truth is I don't fit well with companies, the last job I had with a company where I had an actual boss overseeing my work was when I was 20 - 13 years ago.

Plus, I didn't even manage a 2:1 at University, which seems to be entry-level stuff for big organisations.

I'm not qualified for anything in particular, I can be quite abrasive with colleagues when I think their work's s**t or they're not pulling their weight, and I lose interest quite easily when I'm not pursuing my own goals.

I'd need a starting salary of £50k to even tempt me to come to the interview. 4 years ago I went to an interview for a job @ £13/k as I was so desperate to get out of my business............and I didn't get the job. My CV reads like a car crash.

Still want to chuck the application on the pile with thousands of other young hopefuls?

• 2 weeks later...

Private landlords get £9.3bn in housing benefit from taxpayer, says report

Amount is nearly double what was paid 10 years ago according to National Housing Federation study 

Rows of houses
 The NHF said that if all those housed in the private rented sector lived in affordable housing, taxpayers would save £1.5bn a year. Photograph: Gareth Fuller/PA

Damien Gayle

Saturday 20 August 2016 10.45 BSTLast modified on Saturday 20 August 2016 11.44 BST

Taxpayers handed over £9.3bn in housing benefit to Britain’s private landlords last year, nearly double the amount paid 10 years ago, according to a new report. 

The number of households receiving housing benefit to pay rent to private landlords has risen 42% since 2008, the National HousingFederation, which represents the non-profit housing sector, has found.

The NHF calculated that if all those housed in the private rented sector lived in affordable housing, taxpayers would save £1.5bn a year. David Orr, the federation’s chief executive, said: “It is madness to spend £9bn of taxpayers’ money lining the pockets of private landlords, rather than investing in affordable homes.

Advertisement

“Housing associations want to build the homes the nation needs. By loosening restrictions on existing funding, the government can free up housing associations to build more affordable housing at better value to the taxpayer and directly address the housing crisis.”

The number of housing benefit recipients in the private rented sector has risen from just over a million in 2008 to almost 1.5 million in February this year.

Housing benefit is paid to households that cannot afford to meet their rental costs and have enough left over for essentials such as food, clothes, heating and lighting. Almost half the households in the private rented sector that receive housing benefit are in work, but not earning enough to cover the rent and living expenses.

In a sign of how pay has failed to keep pace with the cost of living, in 2008 only a quarter of the private renters in receipt of housing benefit were in work.

According to the NHF’s research, housing benefit claims in the private rented sector are much higher than in the non-profit housing sector, with on average about £1,000 extra being spent to keep roofs over the heads of private renters – rising to £3,300 a year in London. 

Advertisement

Since the beginning of the financial crisis in 2008, the proportion of housing benefit recipients paying private rents has risen from one in four, to almost one in three.

The NHF also noted a rise in the proportion of middle-income households forced to turn to the benefits system. “Specifically, the strongest increase in housing benefit claimants has been among households with net incomes between £20,000 and £28,000 per year, rising from 11% in 2008/09 to 19% in 2014/15,” the report stated.

A government spokesman said it had taken action to reduce the private rental sector housing benefit bill. “The reality is we have taken action to bring the housing benefit bill under control, and since 2012 the amount going to private sector landlords has actually been falling – something which the National Housing Federation fails to recognise,” he said.

“We are also committed to building the homes this country needs and investing £8bn to build 400,000 more affordable homes.” 

If you use it, if you like it, why not pay for it? It’s only fair. 

Give to the Guardian