Squad Update (SOD’s away)

King

30 minutes ago, KFC_Macca said:

Drama queen.

Good player for us during a couple of memorable seasons.

Dont argue that.

But as per elsewhere, hes not leaving to take his career to new levels. Hes probably not even leaving for a huge payday. He might get an extra 500 or a grand if he goes to Aberdeen. Most other teams will be a similar wage.

How will you feel if he ends up at Motherwell or something like that?

7 minutes ago, Ngonge88 said:

Dont argue that.

But as per elsewhere, hes not leaving to take his career to new levels. Hes probably not even leaving for a huge payday. He might get an extra 500 or a grand if he goes to Aberdeen. Most other teams will be a similar wage.

Father of young child, in the most unpredictable economic situation for footballers in living memory, amidst the biggest recession since the 1920s, wants to earn a bit more money. Bastard... 

4 minutes ago, mitch14 said:

Father of young child, in the most unpredictable economic situation for footballers in living memory, amidst the biggest recession since the 1920s, wants to earn a bit more money. Bastard... 

Aye that makes sense. Hes got a solid offer on the table of probably about 2k a week.

Hes rejected that to be a free agent in the HOPE that he is going to get better elsewhere?

6 minutes ago, Ngonge88 said:

Dont argue that.

I can understand why he is trying to give himself the best opportunity to negotiate as high a wage as possible for his next move. Being a free agent when he is at or near his peak reputation/age gives him the best shot.

So, while I’d prefer him to be a motivated player with us, I can understand the path he is choosing. Wherever that leads him, I hope that he looks back at his time at Killie as the peak of his career. At very least, I’m sure he will remember his time here with great fondness. With that in mind, I wish him no ill luck.

14 hours ago, Ngonge88 said:

All this SOD owes us nothing. If it hadn't been for Kilmarnock SOD would be in the scrap heap!

This is worse than Jones etc. Jones went to rangers to attempt to further his career. SOD will be moving sideways for more money.

Which, pretty much any of us would do in our professions... Same job, more money? Would be foolish not to (unless you're already set for life, which I would doubt SoD is). 

I would have like to have seen him stay, was excellent for us barring Alessio's tenure where he downed tools. 

All the best SoD. 

3 minutes ago, Ngonge88 said:

Aye that makes sense. Hes got a solid offer on the table of probably about 2k a week.

Hes rejected that to be a free agent in the HOPE that he is going to get better elsewhere?

Rubbish point. He's a Scotland international, he will absolutely get a deal somewhere else and worst came to the worst he would come back and sign that contract with us. He'll know fine well there are better offers from his agent working behind the scenes. 

He goes with my best wishes, fantastic player for us. 

If anyone doesnt think that going away with the national side, and playing before guys on 10x he money he is on, and having guys asking him what the f**k he is doing at Killie, didnt have any impact then theyre naive at best, and clueless at worst.

Added to the fact that he has always shown a strength of character to determine what he himself does next rather than rest on his laurels meant, unless he was only a journeyman he would have been here for 1 contract possibly an exte sion at most.

Decent player while here, weve improved him, thanks for your efforts and see ya.  No longer a Killie player time to move on.

Edited by Beaker71

1 hour ago, Ngonge88 said:

I won‘t care - have drawn a line under it already.  

Tewnty-five years since Bosman and some people still get the hump when a player walks. 

“How can he do this to us?! We saved him from the scrap-heap!”

Desperate stuff. 

Edited by skygod

20 minutes ago, Ngonge88 said:

So if you were in the same circumstances you wouldn't take advantage of the situation for the betterment of your own career and family circumstances. He's a Scottish internationalist now, so his stock will never be higher.

We sign these guys on a fixed term contract and they are free to move on after it expires - he is doing nothing wrong and only doing what most of us would do too.

I thank him for what he has done for us, being a major part of 2 of the best seasons ever as a Killie fan and wish him all the best for the remainder of his football career, except obviously when playing against us. 

Massive rebuild job and was always going to be this year the squad over the last year has been in need of a revamp, I would imagine that fowler and dyer will have done a lot of homework on who will be available, 

SOD is cashing in while his stock is still reasonable high can’t really blame him for that an extra £500/£1000 a week is a massive difference to anyone’s pay packet, he’s done a great job for us over the last 3 years.

Can’t really argue about anyone who the club have let go either 

12 hours ago, muza1962 said:

10K minimum, same as Jones and Stewart et al. How they get away with it I don't Know. O'Donnell will end up there too IMO. Total joke, no accounts (Interim) submitted, they get away with absolute murder.

Rumour has it Jones is on £7.5K a week never heard anything about Stewart.

What extra value does being a Scottish international get you these days? Can't imagine it's too high. Nevertheless, good luck to SOD.

For all those comparing it with the JJ exit, get a grip. Seen one idiot on twitter wishing him multiple leg breaks ffs. 

Sadly we will always suffer with these situations being a smaller club. Where we must improve is exploiting similar situations at smaller clubs than ours. 

4 hours ago, Ngonge88 said:

Dont argue that.

You wouldnt do the same in his position, with a young kid at home - move sidewards into a job that's at the same or similar level, for 500 or 1000 quid more a week?

I'm afraid that makes you a weirdo. 

Bizarre that people stick the knife into a guy with a young family.

He did us a good turn and was worth what we paid him...and then some. People saying he's moving for just £500 a week or so are delusional...that's an extra £26k per year knowing that he may not have a job at all in 4 or so years after his next contract. 

Best of luck to him. Our job now is to replace him within budget. 

I wish Stephen all the best

He has been a great professional for us...week after week picked in team of the week.

I give him the benefit of the doubt over what others call downing tools. I think like any of us, when you boss (AA) tells you to do the wrong thing, you get frustrated and confidence drops. Then what was easy becomes hard.

I hope he moves onto a big money deal that gets him £5k more a week. He deserves it.

This would be great for Killie too, shows proposed signings that if you come to Killie you get a chance for the big contract..as Killie can help put you in the shop window. 

We will probably be looking at a minimum of 4 good loan signings for the spine of our team every season. 

A Bachman type, an Ajer, a Stewart and a promising striker that'll hopefully offer more than the ones we've had previously would be a start for next season.

We can't buy that level of quality and in order to survive/flourish they are essential.

2 hours ago, Dillinger said:

You wouldnt do the same in his position, with a young kid at home - move sidewards into a job that's at the same or similar level, for 500 or 1000 quid more a week?

I'm afraid that makes you a weirdo. 

I have just turned down a 25% increase in my wage to move to a similar company. But I'm happy where I am and I know I can work the way my manager wants me to. Unfortunately it would have been a risk moving, even though it was a decent increase in wage.

Maybe I'm relating my situation to this a bit much but hey, I suppose im a weirdo.

1 hour ago, Ngonge88 said:

I have just turned down a 25% increase in my wage to move to a similar company. But I'm happy where I am and I know I can work the way my manager wants me to. Unfortunately it would have been a risk moving, even though it was a decent increase in wage.

Maybe I'm relating my situation to this a bit much but hey, I suppose im a weirdo.

Short career in football and with a kid to provide for I wouldnt begrudge him a move for more money in the least 

8 hours ago, Ngonge88 said:

We don't have a clue what he was offered. Maybe he ain't enjoying it at killie and wants a change. Imo hes a huge loss. Will be difficult/impossible to pick up a right back who can go on and pick up scotland caps due to decent performances.