Squad Update (SOD’s away)

King

35 minutes ago, piffer said:

Wonder if the talks with McDonald relate to being first choice or backup keeper. I thought he’d be off at the first chance.

11 players under contract for next season but how many of them would you regard as starters. 

If it's first choice then we're in a dire position. We should be looking for two goalies who are better than any option we had last season.

2 minutes ago, skygod said:

What about fringe players such as Barlow, Taylor and Connell? 

Barlow and Connell’s contracts were expiring. 

They are as much or more part of the first team as Lyle. 

They've probably only included Lyle in the list so they're not listing 0 goalies.

22 minutes ago, Ngonge88 said:

All this SOD owes us nothing. If it hadn't been for Kilmarnock SOD would be in the scrap heap!

This is worse than Jones etc. Jones went to rangers to attempt to further his career. SOD will be moving sideways for more money.

Head's gone.

Much as I am disappointed that sod has decided to go I wish him all the best we don’t know what’s happening behind the scenes as regards to signing players I am sure they will have targets they want to sign. We don’t know when the new season will start. There is still a lot of uncertainty. 

11 minutes ago, mitch14 said:

I'm quite surprised by how many are staying actually. That sky money must be giving the board more certainty than I thought. 

? Broadfoot Findlay Waters

? Power Dicker? 

Kabamba Brophy 

That's not bad at all as a start. 

Wilson a surprise for me too. 

Broadfoot is past it and Waters hardly has me out of my seat. Much work to be done when the window reopens, not much can be done at the moment I'm afraid.

Disappointed to see SOD go as he’s been a good player for 3 years in a position we had struggled in for a while before. 

Of course we would rather he stayed but I think people need to remember that football is a short career, and most of those in the SPFL do not make enough money to be set for life. If he can earn £500/£1000 more a week at Dundee Utd or Aberdeen then of course he is going to take it. 

47 minutes ago, Wrangodog said:

Can see us having to sell Brophy or Findlay before we can afford to bring players in. Massive rebuilding job required. 

Nonsense. When do we ever pay a transfer fee?

Yes there is a big rebuild to be done but there will be no shortage of players out of contract. Big onus on the management team.

13 minutes ago, Secret Squirrel said:

Broadfoot is past it and Waters hardly has me out of my seat. Much work to be done when the window reopens, not much can be done at the moment I'm afraid.

No argument from me - I just expected our worst case scenario to be a lot worse than that! 

53 minutes ago, TLC said:

Of those who have left,  probably saddest about DDF and Wilson. 

I am a huge Wilson fan but come on. SOD will be the biggest loss as he is by far the best right back we have had, even when he was allegedly in the huff still one of our best players most weeks

22 minutes ago, KillkieBoab said:

Nonsense. When do we ever pay a transfer fee?

Yes there is a big rebuild to be done but there will be no shortage of players out of contract. Big onus on the management team.

Nonsense ?  I didn't say anything about transfer fees in my post, but this summer Brophy and Findlay will be into the last year of their contracts. Do we risk either one or the other leaving on a pre-contract in January ? A lot will depend on the club's financial situation but I can't see both being here in September. 

19 minutes ago, Pride_of_ayrshire said:

No we dont. Weve just offloaded a ton load of players from an already shortened sqaud. Plus we would never pay anymore than 20k for anyone nowadays.

I didn't mention a transfer fee, but this is our last chance of getting money for them before they can sign a pre-contract in January. 

Just now, Killieboykfc said:

The full team were s**te under AA. It’s not as black and white as “downing tools”. 

He will be incredibly hard to replace. 

I'm not arguing that he will be hard to replace.

At least some of them tried under AA. There was games that he totally wasnt interested.

1 hour ago, red_dug said:

Its a plus at the moment to be light on bodies but the manager situation needs sorted ASAP so we're not in the same mess we were 12 months ago.

It certainly will save us a few bob in the short term and that is no bad thing but for me the level of quality recruitment that is required is huge concern.
I'm not sure we have the skills and experience at the club to deal with that successfully.