Squad Update (SOD’s away)

King

17 minutes ago, Wrangodog said:

Nonsense ?  I didn't say anything about transfer fees in my post, but this summer Brophy and Findlay will be into the last year of their contracts. Do we risk either one or the other leaving on a pre-contract in January ? A lot will depend on the club's financial situation but I can't see both being here in September. 

Neither of them will ever sign another contract with Killie but we would be crazy to let either of them go until we knew we were safe for another season.

They are probably about the only real assets we have but staying up has to be the number one priority and it will be harder without either of them.

1 hour ago, Scouser2 said:

Totally agree , and more so when you look at some of the other players leaving who took a wage from our club for little effect ...
...the bizarre stories of likes of St Clair , Hendrie and Bunn time at our club for example 

All three were pathetic signings and given that two of them came in under the Dyer/Fowler leadership that's a worry

52 minutes ago, KenVaagen1984 said:

I am a huge Wilson fan but come on. SOD will be the biggest loss as he is by far the best right back we have had, even when he was allegedly in the huff still one of our best players most weeks

He most definitely took the huff. I got pelters on here for saying he gave up in several games and some folk backed me up. He was a great player for us and we have set him up for better things. Hope he never forgets but something tells me he already has!

24 minutes ago, historyman said:

Hendrie was signed by Alessio? I couldn't remember that, just as in a few months I doubt if I will ever remember that he was a Killie player.

St Clair, Hendrie, Bunn, Sow, Jackson - and not a single contribution from any of them.

Well Sow contributed to letting Hamilton leave with one point when he passed his penalty straight into their goalies hands!

19 minutes ago, Pride_of_ayrshire said:

Big wages whose paying him the tax office cause its certainly not sevco.

10K minimum, same as Jones and Stewart et al. How they get away with it I don't Know. O'Donnell will end up there too IMO. Total joke, no accounts (Interim) submitted, they get away with absolute murder.

48 minutes ago, historyman said:

Hendrie was signed by Alessio? I couldn't remember that, just as in a few months I doubt if I will ever remember that he was a Killie player.

St Clair, Hendrie, Bunn, Sow, Jackson - and not a single contribution from any of them.

Cant disagree with any of that - woeful signings the lot of them.

7 minutes ago, Ngonge88 said:

I've just noticed we are in discussions with Jamie MacDonald.

I sincerely hope those discussions will confirm that he will be no more than a decent back up 

Right let's get admissions from the down voters here.

Who believes Jamie MacDonald is a good enough goalkeeper to have us fighting for top 6?

1 minute ago, Pride_of_ayrshire said:

Better than Lyle and that's aw weve got at the moment 

We didnt keep Stephen Hendrie and he is the only senior left back that wasnt a loan deal.

I get your point, honestly I do. But he has proven hes simply not good enough if we want to be higher end. 

23 minutes ago, Ngonge88 said:

Right let's get admissions from the down voters here.

Who believes Jamie MacDonald is a good enough goalkeeper to have us fighting for top 6?

I’d see him as backup but I'd expect he still thinks he’s got a few seasons as first choice left somewhere.

It would have been interesting to see if Dyer had picked him if available. There wasn’t much confidence in McDonald before Branescu arrived then we were never fully confident in Branescu or Koprivec. Had McDonald been available when Dyer took over would he have picked him or does he see him as backup like both the previous managers.

1 hour ago, Wrangodog said:

Nonsense ?  I didn't say anything about transfer fees in my post, but this summer Brophy and Findlay will be into the last year of their contracts. Do we risk either one or the other leaving on a pre-contract in January ? A lot will depend on the club's financial situation but I can't see both being here in September. 

We won't make a penny IF Brophy gets a transfer due to massive selling on fee due to Hamilton, i asked this question months ago if anybody else had heard the same and nobody responded 

Fowler has made it clear several times that he sees us developing players and selling them.

Recently we have been a bit s**te at this with Jones and O'Donnell, two international players, leaving for nothing. It would make him look a bit daft if the same happened with Findlay and Brophy.

I don't know the terms of the deal with Hamilton but I don't believe we would end up with nothing if he was transferred.

We have to be a lot smarter in getting players to sign contract extensions and, if they won't, getting replacements in by a year before their  contracts expire so they can be sold on, subject to offers being received.

I hope the club is in discussion with Findlay and Brophy about contract extensions, although today's report doesn't say as much.

If the players currently under contract plus those we are in negotiation with are to be the nucleus of the squad, a lot of quality will need to be added on top. 

If the ones in discussion (burke, kiltie, mckenzie etc) sign that would help.

SOD been wanting away for a while, was obvious. He was the best right back we’ve had in years and will be sorely missed. Will still be annoying if he signs for a similar sized club like Dundee United, more annoying if he goes to Aberdeen, I get it’s more money but how much more really. 

big job for fowler and dyer to get quality and depth in. Creative midfielder, goalkeeper, right back, left back, Center half and we’ll look no bad. 

It’s going to be a bizarre and challenging summer whatever happens. At the moment we are potentially looking for 10-12 players. Those in negotiations signing up again would reduce that. Needing to completely rebuild a defensive unit with only one recognised starter left. Then the team that was struggling for creativity now has no creative players on the books at present. 

How will the transfer window shape up if travel restrictions are still in place. Hard to get trialist's from anywhere other than the UK. 

57 minutes ago, PrestersKtid said:

I get it’s more money but how much more really. 

Even If it was as little as £500 per week it would equate to 2k a month extra, in a 4 year deal that would be 100k extra. In a short career you can’t blame him for not turning that kind of money down.