Squad Update (SOD’s away)

King

21 hours ago, killie billies pal said:

Like dozens of others.

I’m guessing you still think Jamie is worthy of a place, I don’t , and really fear for how we are going to come out of this, we have unrealistic general expectations of Killie due to Board comments and a manager that got us “back where we belonged” or did he? 

You would be guessing wrong my original grievance at the time was replacing jamie mac who was our signed player with a rookie goalkeeper from  newcastle as part of an old boys network and having seen the likes of Dan Bachmann playing for us i realise that is the type of number one we require sorry to disappoint you!

1 hour ago, Bbk said:

You would be guessing wrong my original grievance at the time was replacing jamie mac who was our signed player with a rookie goalkeeper from  newcastle as part of an old boys network and having seen the likes of Dan Bachmann playing for us i realise that is the type of number one we require sorry to disappoint you!

Why would you think I was disappointed, oh and Freddy Woodman was outstanding and allowed us to amasse enough points to keep us safe. 
why you would jump on here saying a topic had been done to death when it could be very relevant drew me to the fact you were more supportive of Jamie than most.

Personally I would give him what he wants and free him, doesn’t like training late, travel from Edinburgh so put him out his misery in my opinion.

2 hours ago, piffer said:

When he wouldn’t extend with Steve Clarke in charge and the prospect of Suro football I don’t think there was any hope for us after that unless we appointed Guardiola and offer SOD megabucks.

What was he on at Killie? £1k-£1500 a week? He'll double that easily elsewhere IMO. A Dundee United, Hibs, Aberdeen would perhaps pay £3k a week for a full international. If he got a move to Celtic it’s Potentially doubled again. Then he may actUally have ambitions south of the border. At the moment he’s maybe classed as a failure down there. He came up the road and resurrected his career to a new level. A second chance down there will appeal in terms of challenge and finance. 

I doubt that many outside Luton have heard of him down here. I think at his best he might get a gig at a middling championship club and keep his place. It's just silly to attribute his motives to a burning desire to right some wrong in England or blame Dyer for not keeping him. 

The guy is 27 and this will probably be the biggest contract of his career so its going to be £££'s that determine his decision. He's got 6-8 more years in the game with a weakening bargaining position so I can't blame him for that. He was good enough for us that I'll give him the benefit of the doubt on the form dip under AA. A major contributor to some magical memories. 

Just now, skygod said:

I don't know. He probably looks at Liam Palmer holding down a place in the Championship and he would have a point.

Think he would need to be at his best all of the time down there, instead of blowing hot and cold don't get me wrong we will find him hard to replace.

18 hours ago, Sandman396 said:

I agree about Wilson. We are missing a trick letting him go.

We can't offer him what he wants. He wants to play football, he's not good enough to get into our midfield even at very bare bones. Dicker, Power and El Makrini play ahead of him every time. He wasted his chances last season.

Keeping him around to not play does nobody any favours. While he's not good enough to play here any time soon he's good enough to play in the Championship and improve.

Hope he does well, wish him all the best, might see him back here one day when he's developed his all round game and is more confident on the pitch.

23 hours ago, Ngonge88 said:

Not to have a total continuous dig about SOD. But his comment in the paper (which could be twisted) hasnt cover him in glory.

"My mind was made up early on about wanting to run down my contract"

Doesnt look good towards killie fans who most of thought his efforts weren't his usual

It's what he does, he did it at Thistle as well.

18 minutes ago, Fletch said:

We can't offer him what he wants. He wants to play football, he's not good enough to get into our midfield even at very bare bones. Dicker, Power and El Makrini play ahead of him every time. He wasted his chances last season.

Keeping him around to not play does nobody any favours. While he's not good enough to play here any time soon he's good enough to play in the Championship and improve.

Hope he does well, wish him all the best, might see him back here one day when he's developed his all round game and is more confident on the pitch.

I understand your point ref playing but we are badly short in squad numbers and his versatility will be a massive miss. He has been under utilised by our recent managers and I don't blame him for wanting to leave but I feel he wasn't given a fair crack esp when snr players are picked ahead of him no matter their form.

30 minutes ago, Garvis said:

Think he would need to be at his best all of the time down there, instead of blowing hot and cold...

He's got the physique and the engine to play in the Championship. Not sure about his concentration - he tends to switch off for spells.

Not saying he'd be a stand-out but he would get in most teams. The standard below the top six isn't great.

Just now, skygod said:

He's got the physique and the engine to play in the Championship. Not sure about his concentration - he tends to switch off for spells.

Not saying he'd be a stand-out but he would get in most teams. The standard below the top six isn't great.

You are probably right, but think he'll end up at Dundee Utd. 

1 hour ago, Fletch said:

Dicker hasn’t got long left, in fact I think he could struggle next season, and El Mak is nothing special. We will need to add a couple more in that part of the pitch. If Power misses a match then we invariably struggle. 

1 hour ago, Wee_Eck1979 said:

I understand your point ref playing but we are badly short in squad numbers and his versatility will be a massive miss. He has been under utilised by our recent managers and I don't blame him for wanting to leave but I feel he wasn't given a fair crack esp when snr players are picked ahead of him no matter their form.

It doesn't matter how versatile he is, he didn't want to be here if he's not playing. He won't get into the midfield, he won't get into the defence, even if we wanted to keep him around he doesn't want to be here if he's not playing. The same reason he left at Christmas to go on loan, he wants to play and there's no room for him to play here.

Edited by Fletch

7 minutes ago, historyman said:

Dicker hasn’t got long left, in fact I think he could struggle next season, and El Mak is nothing special. We will need to add a couple more in that part of the pitch. If Power misses a match then we invariably struggle. 

All 3 are far better than Wilson at the minute. Wilson could and probably will improve but you only need to look at that really bad game v St Mirren to see the drastic dip in quality when Wilson stepped in.

It's pointless him hanging around here offering nothing when he has something to offer someone at a lower level.

We could quite easily bring in someone who can offer more in that position than what we've got from Wilson over the past couple of seasons which is a shame because at one point he looked like he was going to be a real success.

4 minutes ago, Fletch said:

All 3 are far better than Wilson at the minute. Wilson could and probably will improve but you only need to look at that really bad game v St Mirren to see the drastic dip in quality when Wilson stepped in.

It's pointless him hanging around here offering nothing when he has something to offer someone at a lower level.

We could quite easily bring in someone who can offer more in that position than what we've got from Wilson over the past couple of seasons which is a shame because at one point he looked like he was going to be a real success.

Unfair to single out the St Mirren game.

Every Killie player was gash that day. 

None more so than our captain who played alongside Wilson.  

3 minutes ago, stewarty66 said:

Unfair to single out the St Mirren game.

Every Killie player was gash that day. 

None more so than our captain who played alongside Wilson.  

I'm not blaming him for the performance or the result, I'm giving an example of Wilson getting a chance to perform and badly underperforming. If he wanted to play here he had to take those chances to prove he could be as good as the other options and when he stepped in he looked completely out of his depth.

Edited by Fletch

11 minutes ago, Ngonge88 said:

I'm still disappointed Devlin Mackay hasn't made it with the club. To do with injuries I think. 

Looked a good big goalkeeper whenever I seen him

Got us into Europe in his only first team game.

15 hours ago, killie billies pal said:

Why would you think I was disappointed, oh and Freddy Woodman was outstanding and allowed us to amasse enough points to keep us safe. 
why you would jump on here saying a topic had been done to death when it could be very relevant drew me to the fact you were more supportive of Jamie than most.

Personally I would give him what he wants and free him, doesn’t like training late, travel from Edinburgh so put him out his misery in my opinion.

I agree let's thank jamie mac for his efforts and wish him all the best for the future and you are right about woodman being outstanding at rugby park pity it was only one game he played here for aberdeen in the cup replay though!

1 hour ago, Ngonge88 said:

I'm afraid realistically Wilson wasnt all that good.

He was decent enough back up. I think hes maybe been told hes not going to be first choice, but offered a contract as back up. 

At his age he now needs to go and play

We can always remember him for that goal , imo the highlight of his time here .