Gollum

killie1961

2 hours ago, Bonbon19 said:

There is a bit of payback in their motives , especially Baker . He wanted Cummings out of the vote leave campaign . 

I felt almost embarrassed for Shapps having to publicly lie on TV to keep his job.

Shapps: "The police did not speak to Mr Cummings or any member if his family"

Marr: "Hiw do you know this?"

Shapps: "Number 10 said so".

Marr: "I have here a statement from Durham Police saying they did, shall I read ut out to you?"

Just now, Wrangodog said:

I think Cummings will go, Johnson will give him up. Backbench Tories now calling for him to go. 

Publicly, he will go. You can bet your life he'll still 'skype in' to advise them.

I'm a bit surprised they haven't done that yet. That's what happens, when the turd who has been at it, is in the position to try to rally the troops to save his neck.

1 minute ago, gdevoy said:

I felt almost embarrassed for Shapps having to publicly lie on TV to keep his job.

Shapps: "The police did not speak to Mr Cummings or any member if his family"

Marr: "Hiw do you know this?"

Shapps: "Number 10 said so".

Marr: "I have here a statement from Durham Police saying they did, shall I read ut out to you?"

And before he went on Marr, he was on Sky News, being told about the polis talking to his faither. So, he knew before Marr. But, decided to stick to the script.

36 minutes ago, KenVaagen1984 said:

Kuenssberg for deciding when she first knew about this - (March 31st) and sticking to that up to an including Thursday just past  - that it wasn't news. If that isn't news for the BBC's political editor then I wonder what would be.

She has been less than impartial in her reporting in the past but this takes the biscuit. Why not just get her to wear a Tory rosette every time she appears?

Edited by gdevoy

1 hour ago, KenVaagen1984 said:

Kuenssberg for deciding when she first knew about this - (March 31st) and sticking to that up to an including Thursday just past  - that it wasn't news. If that isn't news for the BBC's political editor then I wonder what would be.

Senior Labour or SNP figure doing the same thing. 

5 minutes ago, Prahakillie said:

Senior Labour or SNP figure doing the same thing. 

Contrast the comments of the Tories in Scotland   McLean, Sarah Smith, etc on Catherine Calderwood to their absolute silence on this matter.

Also add in Sarah Smith's absolutely disgraceful report the other week regarding the FM, for which NS herself absolutely owned Smith for on Twitter.

And you get the media behaviour on this Island in an absolute nutshell.

2 hours ago, CB said:

Publicly, he will go. You can bet your life he'll still 'skype in' to advise them.

For that reason, it would be better if Johnson tries to "face it out" and refuse to sack him.

Public opinion against the government will mount whereas, if he leaves, he will just pull the strings from off-stage and the matter will be forgotten.

Only Cummings' ego would stop him from seeing that this is the better option. 

It sounds like everyone in the country, except Dominic Cummings, was too stupid to understand the guidelines. Boris is lucky to have such an intelligent advisor. 

btw has anyone seen one of these daily updates with so many technical issues before?

Edited by Zorro

10 minutes ago, Zorro said:

It sounds like everyone in the country, except Dominic Cummings, was too stupid to understand the guidelines. Boris is lucky to have such an intelligent advisor. 

btw has anyone seen one of these daily updates with so many technical issues before?

Very odd. Liked Robert Peston throwing his arms in the air in exasperation. What a bumbling performance by Johnson,  albeit with a belligerent, single well rehearsed message. He did not answer if gollum at Barnard Castle or not in April. Very short conference. Few questions. Wonder what the deflection news will be tomozza. 

5 hours ago, KenVaagen1984 said:

Was unaware she knew about it at the time.  Is utterly risible and an insult to folks intelligence to suggest it wasn't news - when the Scottish CMO was all over the UK media for breaking lockdown first week of April.  

This is a big story, that's pissed off a lot of pensioners that can't see their grandkids.  I note during the media briefing today we got 2 questions from the public at the start and the microphones seemed to be muted for the journalists asking the difficult questions.   They won't be able to spin this away and hope folk somehow forget - everyone's been seriously  inconvenienced by lockdown.

Think that Johnson will regret not getting rid of Cummings( thank god), some of the old Knighted Tory back benchers are disgusted, this will grow arms and legs and could have an effect elsewhere, as soon as the Establishment start to get worried we will see a couple of resignations. Sadly not the twelve or fourteen that have brazenly lied but it will be a start.

45 minutes ago, Bonbon19 said:

It won’t surprise me to see Johnson attempt to shift the agenda by announcing an end to some part of the lockdown on Monday/Tuesday , if Cummings hasn’t resigned by then . 
Barbers and beauty salons reopening ? 

Cummings won't be resigning.  Given how it was covered up by those at the top of the BBC when others, (Ferguson, Scottish CMO) got the boot for less of an lockdown infringement.  None of them actually had Covid, but were exposed in the media and then got the boot for undermining the message.  

Seems obvious DC is considered too important an asset for the gov. to lose.  New massive majority, Brexit 7 months away, BoJo would see it is short-term-ism getting rid of the architect of the whole leave campaign.  Will need to be a sensational amount of heat on DC, before he gets the chop.  That heats more difficult to build up, when we're talking about the events of a couple of months ago.  Maybe why Laura Kunsburg declared it 'un-newsworthy' back in March eh?  I agree though, could see lockdown ending sooner as a result of all this.  Which funnily enough, was Cummings herd immunity hypothesis in the first place.

1 hour ago, RAG said:

Will need to be a sensational amount of heat on DC, before he gets the chop.  

Depends how credible the claims he made several visits are. Named witnesses would be good, mind you Shapps tried to claim the polis were making things up this morning.

Dated photies would be better but Downig Street would jyst claim they had been doctored. Fake news, where have we heard that defence before?

32 minutes ago, KenVaagen1984 said:

Now that others have made it a story Kuenssberg finally speaks. Hypocrisy is something  that You never have to look too far to find these days.

Kuenssberg is one of the least impartial political journalists I can think of. She has a very clear pro Tory agenda. Makes a total mockery of the "jmpartual" BBC.

7 hours ago, gdevoy said:

Kuenssberg is one of the least impartial political journalists I can think of. She has a very clear pro Tory agenda. Makes a total mockery of the "jmpartual" BBC.

Have you literally never seen a BBC Scotland political report before?  Sarah Smith IS as bad as Robinson was.

What compromat has PM-unelect Cummings got on bumbling Bozo? Or is just that the imbeciles in the Cabinet would have nothing without him?

It's the relentless double-standards, the rule-breaking and the continual manipulation, misdirection and straight-up bulls**t that people object to.

Baffling that some 'still' don't seem to mind being treated with utter contempt by these lying charlatans.