Gollum

killie1961

1 hour ago, Scooter said:

Or is just that the imbeciles in the Cabinet would have nothing without him?

I think you hit the nail squarely on the head there. Without Cummings, BoJo and his Eton mates would be nothing but a bunch of bumbling upper class twits.

1 hour ago, Scooter said:

Baffling that some 'still' don't seem to mind being treated with utter contempt by these lying charlatans.

Very similar to the US. People don't seem to object to being treated with total contempt, as long as it keeps out the lefties.

13 hours ago, RAG said:

Cummings won't be resigning......New massive majority, Brexit 7 months away......I agree though, could see lockdown ending sooner as a result of all this.  Which funnily enough, was Cummings herd immunity hypothesis in the first place.

How better to undermine the lockdown without a clear policy decision to blame the repercussions on? Is it game theory, what Cummings describes as ‘"very high leverage ideas (which) almost inevitably seem bad to most", political anarchism which adopts creative unconventional means and ignores "short term media noise"? Cummings is a political behaviouralist, not a political moralist. Okay, this theory is maybe a bit stretched.

But it's a long time to the next election. Short term unpopularity?  Beaux and Dom don't give a dam. First they can create the conditions for a no deal Brexit whilst claiming the economic costs are virus related. Their re-understanding of language is Orwellian. And before the next election a rewritten Animal Farm set in a Donkey Sanctuary will be hailed as predictive by the usual pro-Beaux press currently having a bit of a hissy fit. Add in a box of Scottish fish fingers found aboard a Spanish trawler and there will be an aircraft carrier sitting off Arran and "territorial waters" mentioned in every no10 press release from tourism to transport.

Edited by mackpomm

4 hours ago, Beaker71 said:

Have you literally never seen a BBC Scotland political report before?  Sarah Smith IS as bad as Robinson was.

I have, several times said I don't entirely "trust" the BBC to be impartial when a push comes to a shove. Certainly they threw their weight fully behind the "NO" campaign in 2014. However I believe they like to try and project an image of impartiality. Kunsberg, while a BBC employee has bee un-apologetically one sided and made no attempt to create the image of impartiality.  In my view her position as political editor of an organisation trying to maintain an image of impartiality is untenable, given she knew about this and decided it was "not news".

Given your own low opinion of the BBC as a source of information do you have any recommendations for where one might get an unbiased view? I have to say I have found "The National" to be a bit selective in their reporting when it suited.

1 hour ago, gdevoy said:

Very similar to the US. People don't seem to object to being treated with total contempt, as long as it keeps out the lefties.

I find it completely baffling that so many people with completely s**t quality of life; up to their eyes in debt, two or three jobs, very little job security or protections at work, have allowed themselves to be convinced they’re middle class and would lose out under the lefties. 

1 hour ago, Zorro said:

I find it completely baffling that so many people with completely s**t quality of life; up to their eyes in debt, two or three jobs, very little job security or protections at work, have allowed themselves to be convinced they’re middle class and would lose out under the lefties. 

They only have to convince them they'd be better off if the govt weren't giving all their taxes to scroungers and immigrants.

9 minutes ago, KenVaagen1984 said:

And now Cummings' Press Secretary Kuenssberg gets the exclusive that the great man will address the nation personally later today.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-52798632

But she is an impartial journalist from our state broadcaster right?

Cummings interviewed by BoJo's disinformation Tzsar? The Tory propaganda machine whirrs into full action.

2 hours ago, mackpomm said:

But it's a long time to the next election. Short term unpopularity?  Beaux and Dom don't give a dam. First they can create the conditions for a no deal Brexit whilst claiming the economic costs are virus related. Their re-understanding of language is Orwellian. And before the next election a rewritten Animal Farm set in a Donkey Sanctuary will be hailed as predictive by the usual pro-Beaux press currently having a bit of a hissy fit. Add in a box of Scottish fish fingers found aboard a Spanish trawler and there will be an aircraft carrier sitting off Arran and "territorial waters" mentioned in every no10 press release from tourism to transport.

Everything this Leave Government touches turns to DUNGO.o

1 hour ago, Zorro said:

56 minutes ago, Prahakillie said:

They only have to convince them they'd be better off if the govt weren't giving all their taxes to scroungers and immigrants.

This is it, a lot of people have been gas lit to look 'down' at the poorest instead of looking 'up' at what the richest get away with.

1 hour ago, KenVaagen1984 said:

And now Cummings' Press Secretary Kuenssberg gets the exclusive that the great man will address the nation personally later today.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-52798632

But she is an impartial journalist from our state broadcaster right?

Here comes the 'but he has autism'

Guess their family living in London weren't good enough to look after him.

3 hours ago, gdevoy said:

I have, several times said I don't entirely "trust" the BBC to be impartial when a push comes to a shove. Certainly they threw their weight fully behind the "NO" campaign in 2014. However I believe they like to try and project an image of impartiality. Kunsberg, while a BBC employee has bee un-apologetically one sided and made no attempt to create the image of impartiality.  In my view her position as political editor of an organisation trying to maintain an image of impartiality is untenable, given she knew about this and decided it was "not news".

Given your own low opinion of the BBC as a source of information do you have any recommendations for where one might get an unbiased view? I have to say I have found "The National" to be a bit selective in their reporting when it suited.

Look beyond these shores, you will find a much more impartial level of reporting,   certainly during the 2014 referendum, the previously position of esteem held by the BBC was annihilated abroad as they were shown to be so partisan and also proven to actually interfere in the politic machinations directly funding one sides air time, and lying deliberately against the Yes campaign. 

Robinson, Keunsburg and Smirh are all absolutely pro establishment, that its impossible to have any kind of impartiality.  Both the latter should have been sacked for their partisan stances in the past 2 weeks, but nothing is said or done.

22 minutes ago, Beaker71 said:

Look beyond these shores, you will find a much more impartial level of reporting,   certainly during the 2014 referendum, the previously position of esteem held by the BBC was annihilated abroad as they were shown to be so partisan and also proven to actually interfere in the politic machinations directly funding one sides air time, and lying deliberately against the Yes campaign. 

Robinson, Keunsburg and Smirh are all absolutely pro establishment, that its impossible to have any kind of impartiality.  Both the latter should have been sacked for their partisan stances in the past 2 weeks, but nothing is said or done.

Certainly Al Jazera was more +ve about independence than any MSM in the UK. The US outlets were very pro UK and I'm a bit suspicious  that RT may have an anti UK axe to grind but a news outlet in the  UAE has no skin in the gane that I can see.

of course he wasn't wrong, he knows better:

" I can understand that some people will argue I should have stayed at home in London. I understand these views, I understand the intense hardship and sacrifice the entire country has gone through. However, I respectfully disagree.

The legal rules inevitably do not cover all circumstances, including those that I found myself in. I don’t regret what I did and as I said, I think reasonable people may well disagree about how I thought about what to do in those circumstances but I think what I did was actually reasonable. "

I found this one amusing:

"However, his eyesight had been affected by his illness and so he went for a short drive to see if he could drive safely - to the town, Barnard Castle."

Just as they advise when learning to drive, if you can't see very well just try a short drive (of about 30 miles) to see if you can still drive OK.

4 minutes ago, Prahakillie said:

of course he wasn't wrong, he knows better:

" I can understand that some people will argue I should have stayed at home in London. I understand these views, I understand the intense hardship and sacrifice the entire country has gone through. However, I respectfully disagree.

The legal rules inevitably do not cover all circumstances, including those that I found myself in. I don’t regret what I did and as I said, I think reasonable people may well disagree about how I thought about what to do in those circumstances but I think what I did was actually reasonable. "

I found this one amusing:

"However, his eyesight had been affected by his illness and so he went for a short drive to see if he could drive safely - to the town, Barnard Castle."

Just as they advise when learning to drive, if you can't see very well just try a short drive (of about 30 miles) to see if you can still drive OK.

If he went to Barnard Castle was that the day he drove back to London?. If so, it doesnt make sense as you'd head straight down the A1 to London, mibbe stop Darlington way instead of going cross country to Barnard Castle. 

Just listening and that seems right so I'm baffled why you'd go to Barnard Castle. Dont add up

Edited by Shropshire_killie
Added a bit

6 minutes ago, KenVaagen1984 said:

BBC reporting Cummings ‘ behaved reasonabky’ . By which they mean he said that and we don’t challenge it. That will be all us Idiots told then, eh? 

That’s not true. They are reporting that he said he acted reasonably, there's a difference. 

Media to blame with distorted reports apparently (fake news!):

Cummings says he can understand why people are angry over his actions if they have been following the media coverage of the story.

"I’ve seen some of the media over the last couple of days, and I’m not surprised that a lot of people are very angry.

I hope and think that today, when I’ve actually explained all the circumstances about it, I think people realise this is a very complicated, tricky situation."

Cummings seems to be firmly placing blame at the door of the media over this - when asked about suggestions from scientists that his actions could introduce an element of personal discretion into the rules, he said:

"I think they’re right to be worried that the coverage over the past couple of days could encourage people to behave in a certain way, but with great respect to them [the scientists], they made those comments without knowing what actually happened."

Cummings goes on to say that public anger over his actions has been caused by media reports that aren’t true.

"There is understandably anger, but a lot of that anger is based on reports in the media that have not been true.

People have shouted at me in the street, “Why did you go back to your parents?” but I didn’t do that."

Edited by Prahakillie

Why couldn’t his wife drive to London ? 

Also he was worried about his family’s safety due to online threats , is this the same man who was in charge of the most divisive political campaign the U.K. has ever seen ? I can’t believe he hasn’t received threats before this and dealt with them 

Edited by Bonbon19