Gollum

killie1961

14 minutes ago, Bonbon19 said:

Why couldn’t his wife drive to London ? 

Also he was worried about his family’s safety due to online threats , is this the same man who was in charge of the most divisive political campaign the U.K. has ever seen ? I can’t believe he hasn’t received threats before this and dealt with this before .

The met polis have a unit that deals with these types of things. Wonder how many FOI requests they'll get to see if eejit features contacted them?

Rich over privelaged twat is unapolagetic about behaving like a rich privelaged twat.

The fact BoJo wont sack him tells you all you need to know about who is running the country. Independence anyone?  I mean the SNP may be a bunch if incompetents but at least they are elected incompetents.

Edited by gdevoy

1 hour ago, Wrangodog said:

That’s not true. They are reporting that he said he acted reasonably, there's a difference. 

The BBC's "analysis" in full then:

Vicki Young

Chief Political Correspondent

That press conference was something I am sure Dominic Cummings would have hated having to do.

But the fact he has had to explain himself is recognition he knows there is a problem.

It was striking that, overall, he said he had no regrets.

He also hasn't considering resigning and he accused the media of fuelling anger - although a lot of what was in the public domain has been confirmed in that statement.

But Mr Cummings said his actions were reasonable and the core of this is him saying people have to use common sense when it comes to the guidelines.

A lot of people watching this may accept he wasn't breaking the law, but may well think they have been interpreting the rules far more strictly.

Mr Cummings talked about exceptional circumstances, but many may also think we are in those circumstances as well.

There are still some issues here - particularly the other trip he made to Barnard Castle to test his eyesight, which may raise eyebrows,

He may win plaudits for being so open and going out there. But whether it is changing minds is another matter, and ultimately, the prime minister's opinion is the only one that matter

ZERO CHALLENGE AND ZERO ANALYSIS - THE ONLY PERSON WHOSE OPINION MATTERS IS THE PRIME MINISTER. NOT THE MILLIONS OF PEOPLE RAGING AT THIS TOOL?

17 minutes ago, gdevoy said:

The fact BoJo wont sack him tells you all you need to know about who is running the country. Independence anyone?  I mean the SNP may be a bunch if incompetents but at least they are elected incompetents.

There’s zero chance of Scotland getting independence while covid is about.  Sars-covid2 is not going anywhere. Where’s the vaccine for the sars-covid1 18 years on?
Scotland, Wales, Ireland were on the brink of Home rule (not even devolution) until the outbreak of WW1. Took almost an entire century for Scotland and Wales to get Only partial devolution because of events. The role of the British state in Scotland now, is entirely different to Ireland then, where the Brits were repeatedly committing what we’d consider to be genocide In the modern world.  Australia, Canada, NZ all got independence after the slaughter and sacrifice of WW2, USA after a war.
Sars-covid2 wont be the catalyst for scottish independence, just misery, poverty and another Tory government.

In a bad recession and with a shower of brazen Oxbridge liars in charge - who despite their incompetence and contempt for common people are still loved by white English people from the poorest to the richest - I could see some people in Scotland considering direct action rather than attempts at a democratic resolution of matters. 

14 minutes ago, KenVaagen1984 said:

I could see some people in Scotland considering direct action rather than attempts at a democratic resolution of matters. 

Direct action would be difficult to organise in a country where it's illegal to be outside in the company of someone not from your own household!

Events, my dear boy, events..

4 minutes ago, RAG said:

Direct action would be difficult to organise in a country where it's illegal to be outside in the company of someone not from your own household!

Events, my dear boy, events..

I meant once we are out of lockdown, but to be fair if I jumped in the motor with a full tank of petrol and started off down the M74 I could just tell the cops that I was acting on instinct? 

Edited by KenVaagen1984

Dom’s explanation all seems very plausible and reasonable Imo. On a totally unrelated matter. If anyone asks why I appeared to be at a lock-in at my local pub this afternoon there’s a perfectly simple explanation. Ten of us all just happened to go and check on the publican to see if he was ok because nobody had seen him for a while. We thought he might need help or some shopping or something. Any group of responsible citizens would’ve done the exactly the same. Before going there I noticed there didn’t appear to be anything wrong with my eyesight so obviously I didn’t want to risk driving in case i was delirious due to an underlying infection. As I was also unaware of any persistent cough or temperature, I decided I better check for any altered sense of taste or smell. Unfortunately, the publican had given all the snacks in the bar to a local food bank, as any responsible citizen would, so I was forced to overcome this problem by drinking lager. While drinking my pint it occurred to me that the others may potentially have come into contact with an infection, so I decided to insist that they all test for altered taste and smell sensations, as and reasonable medical professional would do. Then I remembered this virus can be in your system for a number of days before showing any outward symptoms. We decided to self isolate and repeat the testing at intervals to track any changes. Unfortunately it seems that I may have some kind of infection. The room is spinning, my speech is slurred, my vision is blurred and I could murder a kebab. I think I may need a week in ICU chatting with Kiwi nurses and perhaps a bed bath or two to keep my spirits up. #pray4zorro. 

54 minutes ago, KenVaagen1984 said:

The BBC's "analysis" in full then:

Vicki Young

Chief Political Correspondent

That press conference was something I am sure Dominic Cummings would have hated having to do.

But the fact he has had to explain himself is recognition he knows there is a problem.

It was striking that, overall, he said he had no regrets.

He also hasn't considering resigning and he accused the media of fuelling anger - although a lot of what was in the public domain has been confirmed in that statement.

But Mr Cummings said his actions were reasonable and the core of this is him saying people have to use common sense when it comes to the guidelines.

A lot of people watching this may accept he wasn't breaking the law, but may well think they have been interpreting the rules far more strictly.

Mr Cummings talked about exceptional circumstances, but many may also think we are in those circumstances as well.

There are still some issues here - particularly the other trip he made to Barnard Castle to test his eyesight, which may raise eyebrows,

He may win plaudits for being so open and going out there. But whether it is changing minds is another matter, and ultimately, the prime minister's opinion is the only one that matter

ZERO CHALLENGE AND ZERO ANALYSIS - THE ONLY PERSON WHOSE OPINION MATTERS IS THE PRIME MINISTER. NOT THE MILLIONS OF PEOPLE RAGING AT THIS TOOL?

Did you really expect the BBC to give him a hard time ?  They had two journalists on after his statement, from the Observer and Sun on Sunday and both were highly critical of what Cummings said and didn't say. Both were incredulous that an adviser should have given his statement from No.10 in the first place. The Tories are in a position to sit this out because they don't care about public opinion and won't need to for another four years. There are millions of people raging about this tool, I'm one of them, but there are also millions more who don't give a damn about it. 

21 minutes ago, KenVaagen1984 said:

I meant once we are out of lockdown, but to be fair if I jumped in the motor with a full tank of petrol and started off down the M74 I could just tell the cops that I was acting on instinct? 

When a second wave hits, and they want us to lockdown again, c**ts will c**t, rather than obey this time.

9 hours ago, Zorro said:

I find it completely baffling that so many people with completely s**t quality of life; up to their eyes in debt, two or three jobs, very little job security or protections at work, have allowed themselves to be convinced they’re middle class and would lose out under the lefties. 

Maybe they have grand ideas they are middle class because the tories allowed them to buy their own homes at a discounted price

11 hours ago, gdevoy said:

I think you hit the nail squarely on the head there. Without Cummings, BoJo and his Eton mates would be nothing but a bunch of bumbling upper class twits.

Very similar to the US. People don't seem to object to being treated with total contempt, as long as it keeps out the lefties.

Aye these tossers remind of Monty Pythons sketch Upper Class Twit of the Year

14 minutes ago, killie1961 said:

Key Worker

If Dom was from another country, people like Dom would describe him as an unelected bureaucrat, hypocrite rather than a key worker. 

Tbh I’m struggling to think of any part of his job which couldn’t be done from home, second home or his parents home. 

19 minutes ago, killie1961 said:

Aye these tossers remind of Monty Pythons sketch Upper Class Twit of the Year

Sadly there is no comedic part to this.

At the end of the day the lot of them are all just members of the rich, smarmy, entitled boys club who think it is perfectly fine to snort cocaine and drive around the country spreading infectious diseases while making up rules to put the less privelaged in jail for the same.

The whole thing is like some grotesque scene from Tom Brown's Schooldays with the bulk of the population tugging their forelocks obsequesly.

6 hours ago, Shropshire_killie said:

If he went to Barnard Castle was that the day he drove back to London?. If so, it doesnt make sense as you'd head straight down the A1 to London, mibbe stop Darlington way instead of going cross country to Barnard Castle. 

Just listening and that seems right so I'm baffled why you'd go to Barnard Castle. Dont add up

Just as it doesn’t add up that someone who does all of this because he is trying to do the best thing for his son then puts him in the child seat in the Range Rover before driving 30 miles to determine if he can still see. 
if that’s the best excuse he can come up with after about 6 weeks then god knows why he is considered to be indispensable.
The guy and the party are without shame.   

14 minutes ago, historyman said:

Just as it doesn’t add up that someone who does all of this because he is trying to do the best thing for his son then puts him in the child seat in the Range Rover before driving 30 miles to determine if he can still see. 
if that’s the best excuse he can come up with after about 6 weeks then god knows why he is considered to be indispensable.
The guy and the party are without shame.   

The Eton tosser lies to the queen, shuts parliament down, spends 2 weeks with his lover with an impending pandemic coming turns up occasionall y for briefings, in hospital on death row but was never on a ventilator hypocrite clapping for NHS Workers and still could not do 1 decent thing and sack that lying Gollum

Looks like a story has been created to fit the evidence, and the press failed to ask the right questions!

Why couldn't his wife drive?

Was it a coincidence there was a family celebration (? mum's birthday) when he first got to Durham?

Was it a coincidence that it was his wife's birthday when he did his eye test drive?

How convienient is it that neither he nor Boris can't remember discussing what he did?

:3:

Edited by a1killiefan
Added questions