Next season's team

2 hours ago, C4mmy31 said:

Definately not Steven Naismith if he becomes available, decent player but the years are catching up with him and he's far to injury prone for us to gamble on, thats if he would even consider playing on an artificial surface to start with.....

Snatch the hand off you for Naisy. Would help Brophy mature massively and future management material

1 hour ago, piffer said:

With a lot of these guys you could build a solid combative team. Maybe not likely to set the league alight but highly unlikely to be troubled by relegation and a good foundation to rebuild on. 

Yes with things the way they are these sort of players are more appealing than normal, just to build a decent enough side to see us through the season

Drey Wright leaving St Johnstone is a good example of why I'm really, really pleased with who we've kept. No Wright and no Kennedy and the quality of that side is dropping a fair bit. Our core squad looks better with each of these announcements from other clubs. All depends on who everyone is bringing in right enough. 

• 2 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, Charlies PaPa said:

John Mclauchlin leaving Sunderland.  32 years old, 6ft 3in. and has just played 78 games for Sunderland as well as his previous experience with Hearts.

Surely the best of the goalies previously discussed on the forum./

Likely going up a league to English Championship.

12 minutes ago, Deano said:

This one is a bit out there but what about Maarten Stekelenburg been on the Everton bench for the last 3 years,  won't need the money but might be happy to be playing every week before the end of his career. 

This for me is loan deals worth looking at. I agree that I wouldn't be loaning the likes of Harvey St Clair etc again. But someone of that caliber would be a great loan

13 minutes ago, C4mmy31 said:

Posted on our P&B page by an Alloa fan, we are after one of their players, Kevin O'Hara, a 21 year old striker who scored 10 in 25 games last season before lockdown kicked in.......

Interesting section of the Wikipedia... 

"Falkirk forward Kevin O'Hara has been given an eight-game ban for taunting Dunfermline midfielder Dean Shiels about him only having one eye." 

16 minutes ago, mitch14 said:

Interesting section of the Wikipedia... 

"Falkirk forward Kevin O'Hara has been given an eight-game ban for taunting Dunfermline midfielder Dean Shiels about him only having one eye." 

Not that I can accept this type of behaviour if true but its possibly cost him a few seasons of his career, he left Falkirk before moving down the divisions to East Fife then Stenhousemuir before Alloa gave him a chance to rebuild his career.

Hopefully he's grown up and realises it was in very poor taste and he now has a point to prove.

Edited by C4mmy31