Next season's team

19 minutes ago, Pride_of_ayrshire said:

Heard the may be forced to sell shankland. But United put a 200k bid for nisbet after the rejected a 300k bid fae hibs.

When did Hibs bid? The markets will be constantly changing this year. I’m sure Hibs and Aberdeen would’ve been expected to be big players in it but recent revelation suggest they wont be for a while yet.

An update from Fowler

We had a high number of players leave at the end of the season. 

We aren’t necessarily going to replace like-for-like in terms of numbers, but we are looking to increase the quality and get the right ones at the right time. 

I know the number the manager would like and hopefully we can support him in that. 

We have been preparing for next season since January, really, and we expected Alex to be in charge. 

We have been speaking to him for a number of months and he was comfortable with the situation. 

It was a case of getting the final parts tied up and we’re glad to get it all done. Now it is about getting the squad into shape. 

We want to make sure the ones we are bringing to the club are good types and are coming here for the right reasons. That is vitally important for the manager. 

We want good players but we want good types of people as well.

A lot of fans said last summer we needed quality signings in important areas not necessarily a lot of squad players...... we got the latter on the whole and it showed throughout the season 

Let us all hope these months of work put in by Fowler and Dyer brings us that needed quality.....this time even in the current circumstances 

The first new signing was a good start 

14 minutes ago, Pride_of_ayrshire said:

Does anyone think we'd be able to make a move for Ikechi Anya. To sort out the left wing. Hes out of contract and clearly not in Derby Countys plans. His wages may be alot right now but i dont see him staying in and about the English Championship.

A few yeArs ago he would’ve been a great shout but 32 now. We have an aging team as it is, need to plan for the future a bit. 

should be trying to get another couple mcgowans. 23/24 with a couple hundred games under their belts

56 minutes ago, skygod said:

Looks to me like pure guesswork.

Whoever owns that page would get a high end job wae the sun. For the amount of s**te spouted from it. E.g. the club looks to expand the stadium to 25k, also recommended a high scoring player in the dannish league valued at over 650k plus 3 years to go on his contract. And the fact that some folk have believed these rumours is beyond me.

Edited by Pride_of_ayrshire