Sign in to follow this  
skygod

Well Society

skygod    1412

All the Motherwell first team squad and management have signed to join. 

Out of interest, have any Killie players joined TiK? 

I suppose the membership list will reveal this anyway. 

PrestersKtid    166
2 hours ago, Calummoore86 said:

Don't think the membership list for TiK is public information.

Maybe it should be, higher profile members anyway, people might be more inclined to sign up if they know certain people are members. 

KillieFC    370

TIK subscribers names will appear on an 'honour board' somewhere in the vicinity of the stadium so they will be there for all to see. That was made clear at the outset, in fact in the initial literature it was our intention to have a time limit on inclusion, but the lack of numbers has allowed us to put it on the back-burner and we'll probably now wait until we have 200 subscribers and then just go with it. We've had a few ex-players made donations but it wouldn't be fair for us to start revealing anyone's names up front...we did do that with a couple of the Premier Package subscribers, but only with their express permission.

The Motherwell idea is a good one in terms of publicity, but in all honesty, how many of those players are going to be paying fixed sums into the Society on a regular basis? Not that many would be my shout. Fair play to them for getting involved, we could do with more of that ourselves, but rather than fake up inclusion we have some other ideas which we will be talking to the club about, as we do. One idea in particular involves a similar scenario to the Motherwell plan, but better in our opinion, in terms of publicity and funding, hopefully we will be able to speak to a representative of the squad in the next few weeks and they are amenable to the idea.

The telling thing about the coverage this stunt got is the number of fans willing to engage as they realise how important something like this is to their club in the long term. As much as I hate to admit it, the number of Killie fans willing to engage is shocking, our counterparts at other clubs running similar schemes can't believe the lack of faith we have in ourselves, and sadly we can't explain it either. As we said in the funding update put out today, its astonishing that we've collected in what we have given the lack of support, and coming from someone who helps manage the list of TIK subscribers, imagine what we could do if those who are most critical of other fans actually put their money where their mouths are?

The 'rewards' scheme we operate is really more of a incentive than a reward to be fair, and so far those who contribute do so without asking for anything in return. It is heartening to know that they are not looking for any kind of pay back for their contribution (other than representation and the opportunity for the fans to have a seat on the board) and are genuinely delighted when have a draw and they win something...many in fact donating prizes back to us or giving them away to someone else they think deserves it. There is no down side to this. If we had the numbers other provincial clubs are getting we could get the £100k out of the way in no time at all and start to put some real money into the club that we can also have a say on how its spent.

baz

• Back of the Net! 3

skygod    1412

I know the standard response is, "Killie supporters are no different to those of any other club", but sometimes you have to wonder.

The club has been in the top division for over 20 years yet this is a source of complaints about boredom and over-familiarity. 

Some even wish we could be relegated so they could enjoy the novelty of visiting different venues. 

For years we heard passionate pleas for MJ to go and how that would be the panacea for all our ills. Now that he has it's a case of, "Ah, yes, but...."

I've followed Killie for well over 50 years, thick and thin. There were times when we you would have been ridiculed for suggesting that we would win a cup again, play in Europe again, sit in an all-seated stadium, even play full-time football. 

Despite all of these happening,  people are still apathetic about the club's present and future. 

I will admit that it's not inspiring to fight relegation every season but surely we need to be thinking about improving on that situation rather than conceding defeat? 

Now, given the chance to have a seat on the board, the response is pathetic, to be honest. Fewer than 200 contributors. 

Yet few will say why they decline to get involved, financial constraints aside. 

There are hungry clubs like St Mirren and Dunfermline who would love to have our place in the Premiership and who, arguably, deserve to have it. 

I honestly don't know what it would take to galvanise the Killie support, if it even exists in substantial numbers any more. 

Edited by skygod
  • Back of the Net! 2

rb_506    150

I think its quite clear that we are different from many other football fans, at least the ones who care enough about their club to actually take action. We failed miserably to see off Michael Johnston before too much damage was done when the chance was there, because too many pussies put their own short term enjoyment in front of the long term future of the club. The same saps who are now bumping their gums about why the crowds haven't come flooding back and and are using that as a reason to claim MJ wasn't so bad after all. This otherwise silent majority have no right to criticise the club or the fans who are trying to help it. They are the ones letting their club down. They are the ones raging about results but are unwilling to contribute towards the club to make things better. You can't have it both ways, too many Killie fans think they can do nothing but things will still change. Too many Killie fans are happy to leave the heavy lifting to others, and snipe at them behind their backs and from behind keyboards making their task even more difficult. I take my hat off to the Killie Hippos of this world and the others with thick skins who still soldier on against the odds and the abuse, better still I opened my wallet to the tune of £15 a month, because that's what I can afford in my retirement, and I will contribute further to trust in Killie events when I can.

Wrangodog    400
3 hours ago, Wrangodog said:

The 185 East stand, how does that sound ? 

Sorry, that should be 181.

3 minutes ago, rb_506 said:

I think its quite clear that we are different from many other football fans, at least the ones who care enough about their club to actually take action. We failed miserably to see off Michael Johnston before too much damage was done when the chance was there, because too many pussies put their own short term enjoyment in front of the long term future of the club. The same saps who are now bumping their gums about why the crowds haven't come flooding back and and are using that as a reason to claim MJ wasn't so bad after all. This otherwise silent majority have no right to criticise the club or the fans who are trying to help it. They are the ones letting their club down. They are the ones raging about results but are unwilling to contribute towards the club to make things better. You can't have it both ways, too many Killie fans think they can do nothing but things will still change. Too many Killie fans are happy to leave the heavy lifting to others, and snipe at them behind their backs and from behind keyboards making their task even more difficult. I take my hat off to the Killie Hippos of this world and the others with thick skins who still soldier on against the odds and the abuse, better still I opened my wallet to the tune of £15 a month, because that's what I can afford in my retirement, and I will contribute further to trust in Killie events when I can.

I too contribute the same amount to Tik but calling people ”pussies” isn't going to increase the numbers. My daughter isn't in Tik because she can't afford a season ticket plus the minimum subscription to Tik. We need to examine why it hasn't caught the imagination of our supporters and we need to move on from this attitude of “ what did you do in the MJ war ?” or we are completely screwed. 

• Like 1

rb_506    150
21 minutes ago, Wrangodog said:

Sorry, that should be 181.

I too contribute the same amount to Tik but calling people ”pussies” isn't going to increase the numbers. My daughter isn't in Tik because she can't afford a season ticket plus the minimum subscription to Tik. We need to examine why it hasn't caught the imagination of our supporters and we need to move on from this attitude of “ what did you do in the MJ war ?” or we are completely screwed. 

Maybe if we stopped being so politically correct and called a spade a spade we'd get on better? If the fans who I am referring to as pussies have the temerity to take the stance of doing nothing and expecting everyone else to do it for them, quite frankly I don't give two hoots about the poor wee souls and their sensitivity issues. Nothing I can say is going to affect them or make a difference as to whether they join up or not. Stick or carrot doesn't seem to matter when myopia is so prevalent in our fan base. There is no minimum subscription to TIK, you can contribute a quid a week if you want, there is a minimum level to receive rewards but that stands to reason as the rewards cost and they can't afford to give them to everyone - surely its not about how much anyone gets out of it but what you put in that matters?

PrestersKtid    166

There are countless threads on the main kickback forum with folk moaning about the poor running of the club this and no communication from board that.

TIK can address both these issues. We can get a fan on the board to help with running of the club, someone with the correct skills whether that be business acumen, finance, marketing etc etc. 

Squirrelhumper    1474
14 minutes ago, PrestersKtid said:

There are countless threads on the main kickback forum with folk moaning about the poor running of the club this and no communication from board that.

TIK can address both these issues. We can get a fan on the board to help with running of the club, someone with the correct skills whether that be business acumen, finance, marketing etc etc. 

Spot on.

185 contributors is pathetic. Our support deserves all we get IMO.

Used to be proud of our support as we were vocal and travelled in numbers. Now we've got one of the worst away supports in the league (look at Thistle's support at Dingwall) and a core home support that's worse than the likes of Dunfermline.

Mclean07    188
1 hour ago, rb_506 said:

I have been a season ticket holder, a privileged seat holder and I contribute to TiK. I walk the walk. However, I reserve the right to make comment on the MJ situation, without being referred to as a sap or a pussy.  We heard about nothing else on here for more years than I care to remember, and a dam was meant to burst when " the parasite ", as he referred to him, was gone. Now, if people question what has happened, they are told to shut up and move on. Well, I'm sorry, but it's perfectly legitimate to debate why the expected burst of enthusism hasn't happened, wthout lazily just lumping it on MJs legacy. We need to accept our responsibilities as fans. Maybe the lack of enthusism for TiK and the poor support indicates it's not quite as simple as has been made out all these years. I don't doubt MJ had to go, but those who screamed for it year in, year out, have some questions they should be asking themselves as well. Your whole post is arrogant and ignorant and suggesting that the people who didn't join your madcap schemes that were never going to work were selfish is downright offensive. You really expected people to follow a group of amateurs that couldn't organise a p1ss up in a brewery. No thanks. Some of us can think for ourselves.

• Red Card 3
  • Back of the Net! 1

Mclean07    188
20 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Spot on.

185 contributors is pathetic. Our support deserves all we get IMO.

Used to be proud of our support as we were vocal and travelled in numbers. Now we've got one of the worst away supports in the league (look at Thistle's support at Dingwall) and a core home support that's worse than the likes of Dunfermline.

Probably doesn't help if you're called a sap or a pussy if you don't do everything the " mafia " do.

• Red Card 4
  • Back of the Net! 2

rb_506    150
1 hour ago, Mclean07 said:

Probably doesn't help if you're called a sap or a pussy if you don't do everything the " mafia " do.

Who is this "mafia" you talk about? Do you mean like minded supporters who elected not to stand by and watch us get crushed under the jackboot of Johnston as he bankrolled his own pension plan at our expense? I hardly think "mafia" is apt. Leave the paranoia to Celtic fans. I can think for myself too, the difference is that I think and then act, not think and then leave others to do the dirty work. I actually think that you and Wrangdog are right that we should leave the Johnston stuff alone when it comes to this initiative and I am wrong, but it will never change how I feel about it, betrayal hurts and sometimes I find it difficult to watch others try and be fanciful with the truth after the fact. Fair play that you have joined TIK, we can agree on that as well, what about the other saps though? (sorry)

Mclean07    188
15 hours ago, rb_506 said:

Who is this "mafia" you talk about? Do you mean like minded supporters who elected not to stand by and watch us get crushed under the jackboot of Johnston as he bankrolled his own pension plan at our expense? I hardly think "mafia" is apt. Leave the paranoia to Celtic fans. I can think for myself too, the difference is that I think and then act, not think and then leave others to do the dirty work. I actually think that you and Wrangdog are right that we should leave the Johnston stuff alone when it comes to this initiative and I am wrong, but it will never change how I feel about it, betrayal hurts and sometimes I find it difficult to watch others try and be fanciful with the truth after the fact. Fair play that you have joined TIK, we can agree on that as well, what about the other saps though? (sorry)

I would love to have a list of those who shout the loudest, have the money, but don't join TiK. Hypocrites. 

Squirrelhumper    1474
18 hours ago, Mclean07 said:

Poor sensitive souls.

Look on Motherwell or St Mirren forums, plenty of in fighting. Doesn't stop their fans coming together and s**ting all over ours when it comes to backing the club though.

If Clyde had got less than 200 subscribers to this initiative I'd have laughed at how bad it was. Ours is nothing short of pathetic.

Sorry if that offends some.

Edited by Squirrelhumper

mitch14    226
On 13/09/2017 at 10:12 AM, skygod said:

I will admit that it's not inspiring to fight relegation every season but surely we need to be thinking about improving on that situation rather than conceding defeat?

I think it's a sad, and sometimes forgotten, part of this that what happens on the pitch is still king. Look at the surge in support from Aberdeen fans. All those fans have been there for years in that big catchment area where they were considered a sleeping giant. It took sustained success on the pitch to get people out and onboard.

Clubs like Hearts and Motherwell are slightly different in that there is fire of support burning from the administrations and seeing their clubs at the brink.

We've been ground down for years and the football has spiralled downwards too.

A family member of mine is a perfect example. He had a season ticket for decades and slowly lost interest. Drifted into seeing Killie some weeks and Hurlford others. That slowly moved into getting a season ticket there. Every weekend he seems to be thoroughly enjoying his football in a way few killie fans are. It is going to take a lot to pull him back from that. Not only have we lost fans, they have taken root elsewhere. 

I don't know what the answer is but I hope a period of stability, some even moderate success on the pitch and more of the better community involvement we've seen recently can slowly bring fans back. Buts it's going to take a long time. Getting people through the door at all is step one before we can really expect an uptake in things like TiK. 

• Like 1
  • Back of the Net! 1

PrestersKtid    166
4 hours ago, mitch14 said:

I think it's a sad, and sometimes forgotten, part of this that what happens on the pitch is still king. Look at the surge in support from Aberdeen fans. All those fans have been there for years in that big catchment area where they were considered a sleeping giant. It took sustained success on the pitch to get people out and onboard.

Clubs like Hearts and Motherwell are slightly different in that there is fire of support burning from the administrations and seeing their clubs at the brink.

We've been ground down for years and the football has spiralled downwards too.

A family member of mine is a perfect example. He had a season ticket for decades and slowly lost interest. Drifted into seeing Killie some weeks and Hurlford others. That slowly moved into getting a season ticket there. Every weekend he seems to be thoroughly enjoying his football in a way few killie fans are. It is going to take a lot to pull him back from that. Not only have we lost fans, they have taken root elsewhere. 

I don't know what the answer is but I hope a period of stability, some even moderate success on the pitch and more of the better community involvement we've seen recently can slowly bring fans back. Buts it's going to take a long time. Getting people through the door at all is step one before we can really expect an uptake in things like TiK. 

Agree with most of that. Hurlford are winning most weeks and have won the junior Scottish cup in recent years, winning brings fans.

Folk lose interest for a variety of reasons, my dad for instance prefers golf these days but was a ST holder for 20 odd years. 

Our issue is we've lost a generation of fans between the cup wins. When I watched us in the 90s there really wasn't ever a better time to watch apart from mixu and kenny teams. After 90s it was cut after cut, standard of player reduced but debt and prices increased. We slipped down the table and in process people get fed up.  

We need a couple wins pronto to get some feel good factor 

• Like 1

Calummoore86    544
On 14/09/2017 at 8:25 AM, Mclean07 said:

I would love to have a list of those who shout the loudest, have the money, but don't join TiK. Hypocrites. 

23 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

As would I.

Likewise. 

Maybe the contributor list should be published, after all the names will be on the charter when we raise the funds.

It's been mentioned on here before that we were looking into adding TiK badges to the avatars, similar to the trust ones, which is an awesome idea. Although it shouldn't be required, maybe steps like this will give people a gentle nudge to stand with their fellow supporters in support of this initiative, because as it stands we are struggling and a laughing stock to rival fans. Poor show.

• Back of the Net! 1