skygod

Keepers

skygod    1412

Is Devlin MacKay fit?

If he is, we have two keepers not getting regular football which is ridiculous.

The time was a club had a first team and a reserve team and players played in one or the other. I suppose the ever-increasing number of substitutes permitted has changed things a bit but players should still be getting regular match practice.

Someone like Power should be playing matches to get and stay fit. His job was supposedly to help develop the kids after all. And Scott Boyd - is he a full-time office boy these days?

Training is all well good but players need 90 minutes under their belts regularly.

TroonKFC    16

Unfortunately Devlin Mackay is injured again and Curtis Lyle is playing in goals in the Development League.

Your point about players (Power etc) needing to play games is spot on, however I think you have answered your own question with the reserve team situation. The first team take 19 players on match day (11starting, 7 subs and 1 extra to cover injuries in warm up). This stops many players getting the match practice they badly need.

Both Dunfermline and Inverness CT withdrew their Development League teams this season as they're struggling to maintain and pay for players for both squads. So very few Scottish teams would be able to afford squads for a proper reserve league.

Edited by TroonKFC
Spelling
  • Like 1

Chippie66    1

I know I'll be slated for this , but agree about Power... agreed had an awful start to season, after a long hard season with Lincoln, but surely he's worth a chance,can't IMO,be any worse then those getting game after game every week and not improving or proving they deserve to start every game. He's never going to get match fit if NOT playing any matches?? He can't be blamed on matches being lost when he hasn't had any part in them?

• Like 1

Scouser2    169

Either LM had more money to burn in terms of another high wage for an over 30 player when he signed Bell ......or he still held same reservations about MacDonald and was looking to move him on before window closed and saw Bell as the ideal replacement 

JM has had a decent start to the season but Bell at his age will not be happy now to become a bench warmer for a season ....and from th outside it looks like resources could been better utilised 

then again a few of the higher wage bracket experienced summer signings as yet look decidly unfit for purpose in more ways than one 

skygod    1412

Bell must have known that he wasn't going to walk into the team and was behind a very good GK.

Maybe he just doesn't make very good career decisions!

carpetfitter    172
29 minutes ago, Chippie66 said:

I know I'll be slated for this , but agree about Power... agreed had an awful start to season, after a long hard season with Lincoln, but surely he's worth a chance,can't IMO,be any worse then those getting game after game every week and not improving or proving they deserve to start every game. He's never going to get match fit if NOT playing any matches?? He can't be blamed on matches being lost when he hasn't had any part in them?

Not going to slate you bro but Power is utter toalies. Fat toalies in fact. 

historyman    846
1 hour ago, Chippie66 said:

He is worse than those getting a game every week. That's why he is not playing. 

He had no reason not to be fit at the start of the season. He had the same pre-season as everyone else. He is clearly not even fit never mind match fit. 

Disasterous signing, waste of a wage and I doubt very much if McCulloch even saw him play before he signed him.

Charlie's Dad    131

I can only assume that Power is not the player McCulloch thought he was getting. Either he's been overweight/just hasn't the quality or both. Certainly when I've seen him he looks like an unfit Sunday morning pub league player.

killie1961    7
2 hours ago, Chippie66 said:

Power will be gone in January  the boys homesick i hear

Chippie66    1

Have to say I did follow Lincoln last year ( their cup run) never saw an issue with his fitness, is it our training regeime? That we can't get our players fit? 

stewarty66    133
1 hour ago, Charlie's Dad said:

I can only assume that Power is not the player McCulloch thought he was getting. Either he's been overweight/just hasn't the quality or both. Certainly when I've seen him he looks like an unfit Sunday morning pub league player.

He's in good company then.....

Zorro    458

It makes you wonder how much, if any, input our new scout had in signing Power. I'd hate to think he was top of anyone's recommendation list. 

C4mmy31    450
6 hours ago, Blackislekillie said:

Is Scott Boyd still injured? I think he has been missed in central defence. He could also do a shoring up job in midfield until Dicker returns.

S.Boyd was in the squad yesterday, see 1st post on the match thread, but didn't make the teamsheet.