Games on tv.

Thirdwatch1965

16 minutes ago, Thirdwatch1965 said:

If this has been asked before then I apologise. When the season starts August 1st, and games are behind closed doors, are all the games being made available?. Sky and the BBC etc cannot just cherry pick the games they want  and we all know what that will be.

Not seen the answer anywhere else.

Don't think there will be an answer yet bud. Would imagine that due to the terms of the deal the TV will remain the domain of Sky and then the 'Killie TV' style platforms will stream games that sky don't pick. 

17 minutes ago, Thirdwatch1965 said:

If this has been asked before then I apologise. When the season starts August 1st, and games are behind closed doors, are all the games being made available?. Sky and the BBC etc cannot just cherry pick the games they want  and we all know what that will be.

Not seen the answer anywhere else.

I think we're a wee bit away from knowing that. According to BBC gossip column some clubs (including us) can't afford to implement testing without financial help, plus the infection rate needs to remain low for 1st August to be a start date. Sky are ploughing more money into the SPFL so they'll want first pick of the fixtures. 

My whole point is the broadcasters cannot and should not just pick the old filth games. To give them the monopoly when the games are being played closed doors is not fair, every other fan has the equal right to see their own teams games.

Would they play all games at the same time and use the red button to view what game you want to see.

19 minutes ago, Thirdwatch1965 said:

My whole point is the broadcasters cannot and should not just pick the old filth games. To give them the monopoly when the games are being played closed doors is not fair, every other fan has the equal right to see their own teams games.

Would they play all games at the same time and use the red button to view what game you want to see.

I would hope that KillieTV will cover our home games and that they will piggy-back away games covered by the home teams tv coverage. England are at an advantage because Sky, BT, Amazon, and BBC cover the EPL games. We only have Sky, Premier Sports (who only cover Cup and European games at present ) and BBC (if they can afford it). Killie TV is the only way the club can bring in revenue from closed-doors games. 

2 hours ago, piffer said:

It was hinted on the STV programme the other week that other packages could be opened up to broadcasters. Ian Maxwell spoke of lifting the blackout. If they make games available then perhaps other broadcasters might be willing to get involved. 

I thought UEFA already had but that was for the remainder of 2019/20. I’m sure it won’t be a problem for this season as well tbf. 

14 hours ago, DuncanEwart said:

Professor Jason Leitch says 1st August start is "not set in stone"_

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52843448

EPL say they are good to go mid June. No saftey/ infection control issues seem to be presenting a problem nor transmitting all the games from empty stadia. Of course it could all be horse s**t but the Germans are already live to empty stadia on BT Sport. Then again the Germans actually seem to have the infection under control.

Edited by gdevoy

1 hour ago, Dillinger said:

Would love if we got coverage of every home and away game on Killie TV. Would happily pay an extra £20-25 per home game for that. 

Surely that's part of the reason why we should be selling season tickets. Buy a season and the Killie TV games are free, otherwise pay game by game as somebody would if they were walk-ups.