Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Bigbill

Season Tickets

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Fletch said:

After reading the complaints about pricing and other clubs prices the Moffat deal is still among the best, if not the best, deal in the league for adult and child.

If you're going to not renew because of the price of an adult + child rather than just move to the Moffat then it's at least worth consideration.

The club have had their hand forced to remove what was essentially a free gift. In it's place you still have probably the best adult + child ticket in the league yet, as usual, it doesn't appear good enough.

I get that people may be struggling financially at the minute but if you were willing to stump up £340 (or whatever last year's pre-full price ticket was) adult + free child surely you're better splitting a family deal at £290 than not renewing?

Excellent post mate

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Fletch said:

After reading the complaints about pricing and other clubs prices the Moffat deal is still among the best, if not the best, deal in the league for adult and child.

If you're going to not renew because of the price of an adult + child rather than just move to the Moffat then it's at least worth consideration.

The club have had their hand forced to remove what was essentially a free gift. In it's place you still have probably the best adult + child ticket in the league yet, as usual, it doesn't appear good enough.

I get that people may be struggling financially at the minute but if you were willing to stump up £340 (or whatever last year's pre-full price ticket was) adult + free child surely you're better splitting a family deal at £290 than not renewing?

The deal in the Moffat is excellent for families, of that there is no doubt but personally speaking, the reason our group buy season tickets in the FB is the leg room. No other reason. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Now there's a team that's had f**k all to cheer about in years yet their fans aren't as apathetic as our lot.

Screenshot_20200615-100613_Facebook.jpg

That's brilliant to read.

Although not judging those who could be doing with the cash refund in the slightest I did find the clubs tweet about "working through requests" yesterday a bit alarming. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Fudger said:

The deal in the Moffat is excellent for families, of that there is no doubt but personally speaking, the reason our group buy season tickets in the FB is the leg room. No other reason. 

That's absolutely fine, I sit in the FB too, it's definitely the most comfortable stand. I'm talking about people who are talking about not renewing their ST really, If I was struggling to find the cash then I'd rather have to sit my my legs slightly angled for a couple of hours than not go. If people want or need the leg room, people are going to have to pay for it as would be the case at any other event.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Fletch said:

That's absolutely fine, I sit in the FB too, it's definitely the most comfortable stand. I'm talking about people who are talking about not renewing their ST really, If I was struggling to find the cash then I'd rather have to sit my my legs slightly angled for a couple of hours than not go. If people want or need the leg room, people are going to have to pay for it as would be the case at any other event.

Just speaking from the experience and feedback of the folk I go to the games with to generate discussion on it and see what others are thinking. 
Last few years we have been happy tp pay more to sit in the FB for legroom and the free kids ticket worked perfect for us as we could take the kids and viewed their "free" ticket as real value in the season ticket investment. 

I'm not having a go at the club as such as I think they are between a rock and hard place, I just think the new pricing is going to put a lot of people off unfortunately. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Speaking of the Family Season Ticket, are you normally able to buy these online? Ticketco doesn't seem to have the option.

Not had a season in a while so not sure if this was the same in previous seasons or not

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Fudger said:

Although not judging those who could be doing with the cash refund in the slightest I did find the clubs tweet about "working through requests" yesterday a bit alarming. 

Ok I'll judge for some riddies....I'm pretty certain a decent percentage of those who request refunds are the same type of person as the one I saw on FB last night, with chat such as "I've put money onto Killie for 50 years, but I'm not paying £400 to watch on the telly, I'll put my money into Darvel from now on".  (I bet he has Sky or BT Sport)

Good for Darvel mate.  Bet they asked for money back. Many people are well off because they are tight. 

I think it's far more likely that people who could really use it risk putting themselves in financial hardship but won't ask for money back, while the penny-pinchers demand everything that's due to them.....using that classic justification "its my money and I'll decide...."

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

someone said they would rather pay to watch Darvel than Killie? That's just bonkers. It may be dearer at RP, but you get what you pay for

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Always hated those who hit out with thinly veiled threats like "I'll go watch the juniors" etc, it's absolutely pathetic. 

None of us follow Killie through glory seeking or how wonderfully entertaining it is week in week out, we do so as they are our local club and through a sense of community I think.

For those who threaten the club (especially at the moment) with seeking an alternative hobby or past time, crack the f**k on. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Fudger said:

That's brilliant to read.

Although not judging those who could be doing with the cash refund in the slightest I did find the clubs tweet about "working through requests" yesterday a bit alarming. 

 

It’ll cost more to administer the refunds than the actual cost of them. Double dunt for the club, especially if they’ve brought staff back off furlough to do this.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, stewarty66 said:

100% this.

Motherwell though are like us a season ago. Finishing 3rd and Europe to look forward to. That will up their season ticket sales. 

I'm not sure a closed door game in Europe will affect their sales that much.

Motherwell weren't that great last year, was a pretty poor league overall and certainly nothing like us the previous year. I''ve a few mates with ST's at Motherwell and they were glad to see the league called as they said there was no way they were finishing 3rd.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎6‎/‎12‎/‎2020 at 2:40 PM, KillieDJ said:

Anyone had issue with family tickets...do they insist you have 2 adults and 2 kids when entering the ground?

Might seem an odd ask, although just curious how it is policed

I have regularly split a family ticket with another member from on here. 1 adult and 1 child each.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Sandman396 said:

I have regularly split a family ticket with another member from on here. 1 adult and 1 child each.

Honestly? 
So? Not a family I take it, that’s a fair saving you’ve been making . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Now there's a team that's had f**k all to cheer about in years yet their fans aren't as apathetic as our lot.

Screenshot_20200615-100613_Facebook.jpg

15% of Hibs season ticket holders claimed a refund 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, theauldyin said:

Was not my first choice, but a real nice guy ! 100% behind him, was undecided about season ticket due to job. F**K IT !!  going for one today time to step up. 

:hurrah:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, killie billies pal said:

Honestly? 
So? Not a family I take it, that’s a fair saving you’ve been making . 

What’s your point?

Families come in all shapes, sizes and genders these days. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, The Lurker said:

What’s your point?

Families come in all shapes, sizes and genders these days. 

Eh? Did you read the guys post, he splits a Family ticket with a member on here, doesn’t sound like a family to me.

My point is that it’s a good way to make a saving, might consider it myself. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, killie billies pal said:

Eh? Did you read the guys post, he splits a Family ticket with a member on here, doesn’t sound like a family to me.

My point is that it’s a good way to make a saving, might consider it myself. 

Yes. It’s an excellent way to make a saving. You came across as being fairly arsey about it. Sorry if I misread your tone. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, The Lurker said:

Yes. It’s an excellent way to make a saving. You came across as being fairly arsey about it. Sorry if I misread your tone. 

So we could all do this and save a fortune, a bit like buddying up for the two for one deal? Its like selling seasons tickets for an adult and child for £270 but if you ditch the child it costs you £370. Something not quite right there, it would cost the club a lot of revenue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, TommyG said:

So we could all do this and save a fortune, a bit like buddying up for the two for one deal? Its like selling seasons tickets for an adult and child for £270 but if you ditch the child it costs you £370. Something not quite right there, it would cost the club a lot of revenue.

Your absolutely right, yes. I agree. 
 It’s different though when loads of folk come on here bragging about buying U16 tickets for away games. Some folk - not you, I hasten to add - would appear to have double standards. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, The Lurker said:

Your absolutely right, yes. I agree. 
 It’s different though when loads of folk come on here bragging about buying U16 tickets for away games. Some folk - not you, I hasten to add - would appear to have double standards. 

Away games are a different kettle of fish.

I wouldn't think twice about taking a comp for an away game if I was offered one but I wouldn't take a comp for a cup game at RP as Killie lose out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

The Killie Trust

KFC Supporters Association

Young Kilmarnock

FC Kilmarnock

Kilmarnock FC (Official)

×