Transfer July open

Craigieboy

29 minutes ago, WWWWnnnnnn! said:

Am I missing something here or did Kabamba not just come from the Conference? 

The National League is like a League Three with mostly full-time teams.

The National Leagues North and South are part-time and there's bit of a gulf between them and the National League. 

Kabamba had also had the benefit of a couple of seasons with Portsmouth. At 27, he's a pretty mature player.

Aside from a brief stint in non league and a lack of loans there doesn’t seem a huge difference is his career track to some of the other foreign players who have played for us in recent years. Played at some decent clubs youth systems.

No real harm in giving him a trial. It’s tapping into markets other clubs have utilised well over the years. 

Tom Brown is a good example for what can be found in the lower league. There are players out there that can make the step up but finding them is not going to be easy. Hopefully Jamie will be able to find the players who will do a job for Killie.

2 hours ago, Fletch said:

There's a fair bit of Barbosa in that game. Small glimpse into his ability but looks like he's had a good game.

He looks like he has the potential to be something great for us, absolutely no harm in taking a chance of the guy. Same team Lionel Ainsworth plays for so there is some quality to be had in that division. 

1 minute ago, BluenwhiteARMY said:

Same team Lionel Ainsworth plays for so there is some quality to be had in that division. 

Ainsworth was playing when I saw Dulwich.

He was by far the outstanding player on the pitch and was playing at half-cock. 

He could play at a higher level and I don't know why he's down there.

3 minutes ago, skygod said:

Ainsworth was playing when I saw Dulwich.

He was by far the outstanding player on the pitch and was playing at half-cock. 

He could play at a higher level and I don't know why he's down there.

I remember him being linked with us a few seasons back, always rated him highly when he was up here. Cracking player 

22 minutes ago, Pride_of_ayrshire said:

The same article confirms that Rodgers was training. Id be happy with all 3 coming in.

Also think we should take a punt at Lawless. Hes been a menace any time we've came up against him.

Kilmarnock need sign new 6 or 7 to new winger, 2x keeper striker, defensive/creative midfielder, centre back, left full back and might attacker midfleder (playmaker) 

1 minute ago, MuirP said:

Will probably get shot down for this but if we are looking at other center midfielders (hopefully more attack minded and creative than what we have) is it possible for Dicker to fall back into a CB role?

Might mean we only go for one CB rather than two. Pick two from Findlay, Broadfoot and a new signing to start then go with Dicker as the option for the fourth CB. Don’t think Dicker would want to play CB for a full season. Would also leave us with five competing for probably two CM positions. 

3 minutes ago, piffer said:

Might mean we only go for one CB rather than two. Pick two from Findlay, Broadfoot and a new signing to start then go with Dicker as the option for the fourth CB. Don’t think Dicker would want to play CB for a full season. Would also leave us with five competing for probably two CM positions. 

Agreed, I don't think he would be happy about a full season at CB but it's an option rather than having to spend money on two CB's in a season when funds are tighter.

29 minutes ago, piffer said:

Give me Del Fabro any day over Broadfoot .

1 hour ago, Killiepies said:

I see Motherwell have inquired about Hastie back on loan from Sevco.Whats the chances on us getting Stewart on loan ? Don't know how much they would be looking for us to contribute to his wages but it's worth a try 

Kilmarnock interest English league two or national league player to Danny Whitehall and George Williams (winger and striker)

Edited by Craigieboy

2 hours ago, stewarty66 said:

Give me Del Fabro any day over Broadfoot .

Completely agree but Dyer wanted Broadfoot and seems to have confidence in him. My choice would be Del Fabro back or a new partner at CB for Findlay. The boy Gogic would be a decent shout if we could get him. If we were going with four CBs in the squad as we do usually I would probably go for the likes of Meekings as the other backup.