Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
MuirP

Pre-Season

Recommended Posts

surely we can put a team together, even if some of younger players involved. If we can't get a team out in a preseason friendly 3 weeks before the season kicks off how are we supposed to hit the ground running come August 1st

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can see us doing some very late business only a few days before the season kicks off or even afterward, especially with the English window for EPL and Championship clubs not opening till the 26th July and closing on the 5th October.

I'm not hitting the panic button just yet.....

Edited by C4mmy31

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, posh79 said:

3 weeks to go till the new season starts and we can’t get enough players for a game. This does not bode well! 

Cant believe someone has down voted this. Spot on. Some fans want to stick their head in the sand, but the reality is frightening. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Signing a goalkeeper has been a number one priority for months. Can’t believe we haven’t got one yet. 
If Bachmann is unveiled all will be forgotten but despite all the optimism I still can’t see this happening. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Dillinger said:

Cant believe someone has down voted this. Spot on. Some fans want to stick their head in the sand, but the reality is frightening. 

Think its more a sign of where things are at the moment. We actually have more players than some other teams in the league as things stand.

Everyone is running a skeleton squad, no sense risking further injury etc.

5 minutes ago, historyman said:

Signing a goalkeeper has been a number one priority for months. Can’t believe we haven’t got one yet. 
If Bachmann is unveiled all will be forgotten but despite all the optimism I still can’t see this happening. 

I might be far too optimistic, but I don't think signing a goalkeeper is going to be difficult in this market. I imagine any of the four or five that we've apparently looked at would come in and do absolutely fine. Don't mind them taking their time on this. I'd much rather Rogers or the boy from Fulham than us rushing into Scott Fox for example. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, mitch14 said:

Think its more a sign of where things are at the moment. We actually have more players than some other teams in the league as things stand.

Everyone is running a skeleton squad, no sense risking further injury etc.

Cant agree. We dont even have a goalkeeper!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, mitch14 said:

Think its more a sign of where things are at the moment. We actually have more players than some other teams in the league as things stand.

Everyone is running a skeleton squad, no sense risking further injury etc.

I might be far too optimistic, but I don't think signing a goalkeeper is going to be difficult in this market. I imagine any of the four or five that we've apparently looked at would come in and do absolutely fine. Don't mind them taking their time on this. I'd much rather Rogers or the boy from Fulham than us rushing into Scott Fox for example. 

If it’s not difficult what are we waiting for? Surely we’d be better getting someone in and getting them integrated with the squad. 
As the season starts on 1st August I wouldn’t say we are rushing into it signing someone now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, historyman said:

If it’s not difficult what are we waiting for? Surely we’d be better getting someone in and getting them integrated with the squad. 
As the season starts on 1st August I wouldn’t say we are rushing into it signing someone now. 

If they are on trial they will already be getting integrated with the squad. 

Hopefully one signs soon and can then play the waiting game for Bachmann.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, historyman said:

Signing a goalkeeper has been a number one priority for months. Can’t believe we haven’t got one yet. 
If Bachmann is unveiled all will be forgotten but despite all the optimism I still can’t see this happening. 

Doesn't fit your negative demeanour.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, historyman said:

If it’s not difficult what are we waiting for? Surely we’d be better getting someone in and getting them integrated with the squad. 
As the season starts on 1st August I wouldn’t say we are rushing into it signing someone now. 

That argument works both ways though. If it's not difficult, why not wait and get the right man? 

Not sure integration into the team is much of an issue with a keeper. 

Don't get me wrong, I'd expect at least a backup in this week. But I'd rather wait than get another Koprivec, especially when there's going to be a flood of keepers released in England in the next few weeks. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've got a feeling that a deals been done for a very special goalkeeper, my reason for this ? 

The club don't seem to be worried about it where as we all are hahaha.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Problem with waiting to do late business is that the players are missing out on pre-season and the friendlies, this happened last year also, players coming in late and having a poor start to season. I don't know what situation is at other teams, but to miss out these games, especially having not played a competitive game since March till August, it's going to be a massive ask to get new players match fit and sharp. If Livi can manage to get a team of any sorts out, how the hell can't we????

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, superfan said:

Doesn't fit your negative demeanour.

I just don’t feel confident that we will be able to attract Bachmann. I am sure that if he leaves Watford he will get offers from England which are way higher than way willl be able to afford. 
if we did get him it would be a massively important signing but I just don’t see it. I don’t see that as a being negative, just realistic. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, historyman said:

 I am sure that if he leaves Watford he will get offers from England which are way higher than way willl be able to afford. 

I don't think there's any suggestion of us signing Bachmann permanently.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Panic has set in as regards signings.  Do people not think the club know we require certain players for certain positions . We can all speculate what's needed but we have to trust the management . Why tell the media who were interested in and alert others. Pinnock was a surprise signing there hopefully will be others.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CTRoss said:

Is there any official confirmation that the friendly's been cancelled?

I have a feeling that it was actually going ahead. And that the rumours suggesting it was cancelled was to throw people of turning up trying to watch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Pride_of_ayrshire said:

I have a feeling that it was actually going ahead. And that the rumours suggesting it was cancelled was to throw people of turning up trying to watch.

See our game was going to be inundated with fans who can't be trusted, but every other SPL team's can be? Away and get your tin foil hat off

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

James Fowler will surely have aces up his sleeve. He’s had long enough to identify free transfers and lower league possibilities 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Pride_of_ayrshire said:

I have a feeling that it was actually going ahead. And that the rumours suggesting it was cancelled was to throw people of turning up trying to watch.

According to Facebook ( take it with a pinch of salt ) ) it was cancelled due to injuries and us not being able to field a team 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, DG5 said:

Panic has set in as regards signings.  Do people not think the club know we require certain players for certain positions . We can all speculate what's needed but we have to trust the management . Why tell the media who were interested in and alert others. Pinnock was a surprise signing there hopefully will be others.

I think most people look at the last two windows and think we knew what we needed then and failed, so why have blind faith it'll be different this window?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

The Killie Trust

KFC Supporters Association

Young Kilmarnock

FC Kilmarnock

Kilmarnock FC (Official)

×