CB

Hibs away, Fred

Probably won't get many agreeing, but despite the mistakes, you can't sub a keeper off at half time like that. Keepers need time, and they need the confidence of their manager. Unless he is injured, Dyer has made a big mistake there. I'd be asking to cancel the loan if I was Eastwood

1 minute ago, Beaker71 said:

f**k to get yerself bampot ya.

Rearrange into a phrase which suits your post.

He was truely awful. Stuck out like a sore thumb. Our right side played very well. 

Just now, bute-killiefan said:

Probably won't get many agreeing, but despite the mistakes, you can't sub a keeper off at half time like that. Keepers need time, and they need the confidence of their manager. Unless he is injured, Dyer has made a big mistake there. I'd be asking to cancel the loan if I was Eastwood

Nah. I agree with you.

We all assumes Rogers would start, give the new guy time to gel. 

Dyer got it wrong big time.

Starting line up gave me the fear but feeling ok with that result, played well against a decent hibs side. Impressed with millen and always said there was a player in tish, glad to see him play well. Have no fear for the season ahead especially with all the new signings still to make an appearance. Why oh why do we always have to give hibs a 2 goal start. 

Edited by Jamzz1983

Thought we deserved a point there.
Lots of possession but Hibs looked fairly comfortable tbh, wonder whit Greg Stewarts daen these days?

Tishbola and Kiltie were very good but the old guy was again our main man, what stamina Burke has.
Tough opening run just got a wee bit tougher, but naebodys expectin anything fae us next game so maybe we can spring an underdog surprise.

Mon The Killie!!! :hurrah:

Didn't get to see it all - thought we played some nice stuff but totally lacked any penetration.

We only really have Burke as a creator. We've been crying out for a creative midfielder/forward for ages. Kiltie and McKenzie played well without really threatening the Hibs defence. Kabamba was too isolated to be effective - didn't see much of a partnership with Kiltie, but like I say, I didn't get to see the whole game.

Millen seems able to put in a decent cross, but Waters seems much more defensive.

Decent performance, but worried about where our goals will come from.

One last bit on our toothlessness - our lack of threat at corners. We might as well just save time and roll the ball to their keeper for all the good corners do us.

Onwards and Upwards!

Missed most of the first half so can’t really comment on the goals or keepers performance. What I will say is it seems a bizarre choice to start him in a strange league, behind a defence he doesn’t know after a day of training especially when Rogers has featured in every warmup game. From what I saw we weren’t too bad. The work rate and application were there. A few times we were let down by poor decision making. Similar to last season most of our good play seemed to come from the right hand side. 

Without knowing the ins and outs of the injury situation it’s hard to know how that affected our performance. Were we set up for different players to start and made some last minute changes?

Its been discussed before we can’t give teams a two goal start. 

Edited by piffer

I have always liked Rory and think he gives his all every week. But I think if we have any ambition of being a top six team then we need someone who can have a bigger influence on a game. Completely forgettable performance today and that is too often the case.

13 minutes ago, Guff92 said:

Sooner we replace Rory the better. 

Good squad player but offered nothing in an attacking sense summed up by trying to pop one on the top corner from 30 yards with what was our last attack of the game 

9 minutes ago, aldo71 said:

Will say it until its resolved, we need a no10 fgs. How the hell has this not been looked at. Plenty of ball, huff and puff. No cutting edge. NOT ROCKET SCIENCE

I thought we had a number 10 today, that is the link that Kiltie must attempt to make his own. I think he could develop into that role. Going by the live commentary we were on top for  long periods of this game, even Steven Thomson said that we should have had a draw. Eastwood was maybe a wreck in the changing room at half time and asked to be replaced as he didn't really know his team mates.

Its not like us to get a decent run of fixtures to start a season, this one is no different, Hibs away then Celtic is as tough a start as possible.

Keep the faith

Just now, BigYin said:

Good squad player but offered nothing in an attacking sense summed up by trying to pop one on the top corner from 30 yards with what was our last attack of the game 

I have 3 downvotes and counting. 

Would love to know what game they were watching. Like @Taggyfc24992 says, if we have any ambition he needs replaced. 

Agree he’s a good squad player but we dominated majority of that second half and he still offered absolutely nothing.