Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
skygod

Eddie Howe

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Dieter's Heeder said:

Not sure I rate Howe, Dyche is excellent at what he does on a limited budget. 

Anyone who agrees to those big money signings from Liverpool need their heads checked. Again, it may not have been down to him. He will get another job easily enough. Maybe take a year out of the game, come back better.

Think palace would be a good move for Dyche.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Dieter's Heeder said:

Not sure I rate Howe

He took a club the size of Bournemouth up 2 divisions and kept them in the Premiership for 4 seasons - that is a magnificent achievement.  

Personally I think he would have been a good appointment for Arsenal. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Guff92 said:

Think palace would be a good move for Dyche.

Palace would be a sideways step, at best. 

He would do well at Newcastle, Everton or, dare I say it, Rangers, I reckon. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i think howe has taken bournmouth as far as he could, been there a while so possible gone stale, wont be out work long

Edited by trenwick

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like Howe , he was suited to Bournemouth and popular too , but he’s possibly that type of manager that does well at one club and fails thereafter 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would imagine that Eddie has instigated the end of contract. He will be a premiership manager again by the start of the season. What he did with Bournemouth was incredible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Bonbon19 said:

I like Howe , he was suited to Bournemouth and popular too , but he’s possibly that type of manager that does well at one club and fails thereafter 

He didn't do too well at Burnley. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, skygod said:

He didn't do too well at Burnley. 

 

Lots of extenuating circumstances there too.  Some major familial issues which while they wouldn't have caused the failure, imo played a major part in it.

Good coach, but was in hus comfort zone and needed to get rid of a few players.  Fraser was also a disgrace, imo after his refusal to extend his contract and help the team in their moment of real need will.come back to bite him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Beaker71 said:

Fraser was also a disgrace, imo after his refusal to extend his contract and help the team in their moment of real need will.come back to bite him.

Ryan Fraser will also be the most underpaid player in the EPL, going on what they actually contribute on the pitch!

His record in the league won't match his Bournemouth salary.  Could break his leg and that would be it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, RAG said:

Ryan Fraser will also be the most underpaid player in the EPL, going on what they actually contribute on the pitch!

His record in the league won't match his Bournemouth salary.  Could break his leg and that would be it.

He signed the contract, but leaving the team without his skills, if they were indeed as highly  valued as he thinks they should've been was piss poor.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Beaker71 said:

He signed the contract, but leaving the team without his skills, if they were indeed as highly  valued as he thinks they should've been was piss poor.

In retrospect is easy to say that now.  No-one really knows ins and outs of it, or what he's been offered.  Guaranteed, '£ for £'. Ryan Fraser will have been best value player this year in EPL - Celtic were meant to be after him after all!  Think he'll end up at Spurs, Man United or Everton though, would walk into those teams.

Edited by RAG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, RAG said:

In retrospect is easy to say that now.  No-one really knows ins and outs of it, or what he's been offered.  Guaranteed, '£ for £'. Ryan Fraser will have been best value player this year in EPL - Celtic were meant to be after him after all!

Guaranteed that Mason Greenwood is much more value, than Ryan Fraser was.and is likely to be ever.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Beaker71 said:

Guaranteed that Mason Greenwood is much more value, than Ryan Fraser was.and is likely to be ever.

Is a squad game though.  is a proven EPL player on a free with one of best assists records in league.  I reckon he's signing for a 'big' team either as a squad player or somewhere like Everton as a 'star' player.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/2/2020 at 1:54 PM, Pelesboots said:

He took a club the size of Bournemouth up 2 divisions and kept them in the Premiership for 4 seasons - that is a magnificent achievement.  

Personally I think he would have been a good appointment for Arsenal. 

Was not helped with Ryan Fraser throwing the toys out the pram

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, killie1961 said:

Was not helped with Ryan Fraser throwing the toys out the pram

Agree 100%.  Disappointed at how Fraser behaved and his absence was most likely a factor in them being relegated.    All hypothetical now though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

The Killie Trust

KFC Supporters Association

Young Kilmarnock

FC Kilmarnock

Kilmarnock FC (Official)

×