Hurting the Old Firm

Thebigguy68

1 minute ago, Souleycouley93 said:

Anti football thugs is the cry from them. Worst Celtic team in a while I have seen.

Agreed. They were very poor. No final ball and far too many loose passes. I wouldn’t say we defended out of our skins at all- I’d say we looked fairly comfortable today!

10 minutes ago, Monk said:

Agreed. They were very poor. No final ball and far too many loose passes. I wouldn’t say we defended out of our skins at all- I’d say we looked fairly comfortable today!

We were comfortable in a shape. Very deep but effective. Thought we blocked well but they barely troubled from wide areas. Power played well and with urgency. Millen and Burke combined well and Kabamba had the better of the centre half’s. Kabamba outplayed a multimillion rated Edouard.

5 minutes ago, chubbs said:

Were they that poor ... or did we force them to play that way?

Both in a way ....

Our performance was excellent in blunting their main threats and our non stop work rate for 90 minutes contributed a great deal to stop them playing usual game 

They were poor in that seeing how we stopped them playing they never had a plan B , but who cares about them ....

Today was probably our best tactical display under AD .... and Celtic didn't really look like hammering us.

Sky showed stats after about 75mins which had us with more shots on target and more touches in the opposition box than Celtic... admittedly that changed in the last 15mins.

I don't think we had a failure on the pitch today ... not even Rogers.   He fecked up at the goal by taking 3-4 steps to the right as Christie was running up to the ball and couldn't get back across in time. It was a mistake but they happen.... if continues to coat a goal a game then we have a major problem  but not right now.

2 minutes ago, jazza said:

The crying on Twitter cause we never played opened and expansive football so they could win 5-0 is lovely. 

This always baffles me. It’s no as if they dig in and defend and play on the counter when they’re in Europe against bigger teams. 

you play to your strengths and you do what you need to do to get the result. 
 If that means s**thousery and time wasting and a few long balls then do it. 

Funny thing is we get called hammer throwers but it was a lovely pass in behind from Rory and some great skill from kabamba that got us the result. 

12 minutes ago, jazza said:

The crying on Twitter cause we never played opened and expansive football so they could win 5-0 is lovely. 

Considering the difference in budget I think the way we played, asking them to break us down, was exactly right. I would expect exactly the same type if tactics from Ayr if we played against them. As Boaby Williamson said if you want entertainment go to the pictures. Our job was to stop them over running us as they could have easily if we'd let them. Killie did what they had to do, get over it.

19 minutes ago, Secret Squirrel said:

Always love it when we upset the apple cart, we have had them found out for years now and no matter how many times we do it I love every minute of it.

I had a quick look on the Kerrydale forum ... they are really hammering Lennon and the players especially Brown and Taylor.

Glorious...

18 minutes ago, jazza said:

Then when they get horsed out of Europe it's because we don't offer them enough competition. Usual hypocritical garbage from them. Fair do's to Sportscene actually analysed what we did in the game rather than moan about sellick.

I absolutely love how we treat them now, what other team in the league consistently gives them a game like we do? Maybe Livingston/hearts sometimes hibs. Give them no respect and you always have a chance, just a shame we dropped a bit deep and settled for the draw in the last 10 because we definitely could have taken them. Not sure where the complaints are coming for regarding our style, we were a bit heavy on the tackles for a 10 minute period in the first half but other than that defended well and played some decent football when in possession

Edited by Killie lad

3 minutes ago, Killie lad said:

I absolutely love how we treat them now, what other team in the league consistently gives them a game like we do? Maybe Livingston/hearts sometimes hibs. Give them no respect and you always have a chance, just a shame we dropped a bit deep and settled for the draw in the last 10 because we definitely could have taken them. Not sure where the complaints are coming for regarding our style, we were a bit heavy on the tackles for a 10 minute period in the first half but other than that defended well and played some decent football when in possession

Yes there were times we knocked it about pretty well. 

There was a move later in the 2nd half when won the ball back deep in our own half and knocked it about brilliantly on the right side. Haunstrup has made a great run down the left and the pass got intercepted but brought back for a free kick. If that ball had got through it could have been a really special counter attacking goal.

1 minute ago, Harrogate Peter said:

The one that made my skin crawl was that the draw was 'Advantage Rangers!' How does that work now that we regularly beat Rangers at Rugby Park? 

It would be more accurate to say 'Advantage Celtic' for getting a good point. 

Just another example of Killie not getting credit from Glasgow obsessed media. 

what will they say when we take all 3 points from the Zombies?

answer is who the the fk cares   we are Killie, they are OF obsessed wanks  and their opinions matter less than a fart in a hurricane.