O'Donnell to Motherwell

“I’m delighted to sign a deal with Motherwell,” he said.

“It’s a deal that suits everyone involved. Obviously there’s a few injuries and so the manager was looking for someone.

“When he came to me, I was delighted to sign up.

“I am a local boy, so it’s a great fit for me. And obviously, the chance to have another crack at Europe was a big factor.

“I feel I’ve a lot to prove at that level and to get that chance is important, especially with Scotland games on the horizon too.

“But first, I want to get playing games and help the team.”

3 minutes ago, KillieBoys1869 said:

We turned his career around

Made him a regular international player

He says 'wants more money'

He says he wants a move down south 

Signs for motherwell

Surely motherwell are offering roughly same as us

Obviously nothing has materialised down south. We already have 2 players capable of starting right back for us and one of which in fantastic form. Don’t need him now.

2 minutes ago, skygod said:

Who decided half-way through his three-year contract that he was definitely leaving at the first opportunity.

I'd rather have Ross Millen.

Cheap popularist dig. I’m glad you are not picking the killie team if you really believe that. A Scotland international who was massive for 3 years (and bar one game at livi as I recall) was played every time when available by 4 different manager. Compared to a reserve who has pplayed 3 good games. Your credibility on all matters football has just taken a nose dive for me ( not that I expect you to be bothered). But the comment with resonate well with all those that think that you need a killie tattoo on your arse and Agree never to leave the club to be treated with respect.

1 minute ago, Thebigguy68 said:

Cheap popularist dig. I’m glad you are not picking the killie team if you really believe that. A Scotland international who was massive for 3 years (and bar one game at livi as I recall) was played every time when available by 4 different manager. Compared to a reserve who has pplayed 3 good games. Your credibility on all matters football has just taken a nose dive for me ( not that I expect you to be bothered). But the comment with resonate well with all those that think that you need a killie tattoo on your arse and Agree never to leave the club to be treated with respect.

Didn't kick a ball last year.

His head was never in it.

F*ck him.

No better than Jones or Stewart in my eyes.

2 minutes ago, Ngonge88 said:

Wipe Sods s**t from the side of your neck your heads that far up his arse. Hope you supported Jones the same way

I acknowledge players that were good or great players for killie, the team I love. They don’t become crap, useless, didn’t try, not as good as they though just because at the end of a mutually agreed contract they decide to move on. They are still great servants to club. Sod is the most decorated scotland cap whilst with killie. Is that not to be acknowledged? Maybe when I was 12 I felt betrayed when a player left. “f**k them”, “s**t anyway” “welcome to him” . By the time I was 14 I had grown up. 

17 minutes ago, Thebigguy68 said:

I just don't think he was a fantastic servant.

We have had much better servants at the club who haven't had the good fortune to have won caps. 

He did a job for us and we did well by him. He came for free and left for free. No hard feelings.

He's a better player than Millen but Millen's working like a Trojan and is playing for the shirt. I think it's disrespectful to call him a reserve.

Edited by skygod

He took a gamble leaving us, hoping to get a big move to England (or at least a big pay increase in England).

Now unemployed for about 3 months, no big deal materialised so he takes a short-term deal probably on similar wages to what we paid.

I think he has made some bad choises.

I don't bear him any ill-will - he has to make decisions based on what is best for him and his family. 

He became a better footballer by being at Killie and might live to regret leaving us.