Jump to content
CB

England Match Fred

Recommended Posts

Superb performance. Every single player deserves huge credit for their effort tonight.  Well done to Clarke as well who got it spot on.

 

Now to get ready for what will surely be another night of tension and agony on Tuesday! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It's hard to pick out any individuals.

It was like watching Steve Clarke's Killie with better players. We never lost our shape and everyone knew their role. 

It bodes well for the World Cup qualification campaign as we have a much better idea of our best starting line up. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Angelo's Ashes said:

It's hard to pick out any individuals.

It was like watching Steve Clarke's Killie with better players. We never lost our shape and everyone knew their role. 

It bodes well for the World Cup qualification campaign as we have a much better idea of our best starting line up. 

It really was an SSC tactical masterclass. SOD was outstanding but every player was great. Wee Billy Gilmour - what a future he has. So unlucky not have won. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Brilliant. That's the Scotland I expected from Clarke. Brilliant performances to a man. Love Mctominay lying down and letting no one past in the box at the end. 

Just great to be looking forward to that next game 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, carpetfitter said:

It really was an SSC tactical masterclass. SOD was outstanding but every player was great. Wee Billy Gilmour - what a future he has. So unlucky not have won. 

A draw might actually be a better result. 

It might be easier knowing that we have to win and going all out for it on Tuesday, rather than playing for a draw. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, mitch14 said:

Brilliant. That's the Scotland I expected from Clarke. Brilliant performances to a man. Love Mctominay lying down and letting no one past in the box at the end. 

Just great to be looking forward to that next game 

After getting caught in possession early on I thought McTominay was outstanding. 

Billy Gilmour fantastic too.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Only question is just how much that has taken out of them.  Croatia have played both games as if its walking football, and are still really dangerous.

But another peformance like that and TWO uo top will give us a great chance, lets hope we dont Hibs it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Jonboy said:

More than once I remarked how much like a Killie v Rangers game under SSC it was. Great performance and absolutely schooled Southgate.

That's exactly what I thought as well. 

If it had opened up a bit more in the second half we could have sneaked a goal. 

England were fairly defensive for a home game though, with the two holding midfielders playing the full 90. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



×