Campbell Forsyth

Allan

Campbell was a great keeper who rather unfairly has not received similar acclaim to his successor Bobby Ferguson as a title winner. Unfair because Campbell played many more games tha Bobby did that season. In my early teenage eyes he was a colossus who seemed to fill the goals and was almost impossible to beat.        

I have a particularly vivid memory of him at the Eintracht game carrying Tommy McLean in his arms off the pitch in triumph surrounded by us boys on our third invasion of the night.

I also recall we used to taunt Rangers fans comparing their keeper Billy Ritchie to our man. It was a version of Campbelltown Loch I wish you were whisky!

7 hours ago, BigHolly1957 said:

Thanks for posting the player profile, it was a great read, I have fond memories of going to Rugby Park with my dad in those days. 

Met him once probably 80s in Kings Arms in Fenwick one lunchtime,he was a rep for Guinness at the time.Gentleman 

11 hours ago, BigJake said:

Campbell was a great keeper who rather unfairly has not received similar acclaim to his successor Bobby Ferguson as a title winner. Unfair because Campbell played many more games tha Bobby did that season. In my early teenage eyes he was a colossus who seemed to fill the goals and was almost impossible to beat.        

I have a particularly vivid memory of him at the Eintracht game carrying Tommy McLean in his arms off the pitch in triumph surrounded by us boys on our third invasion of the night.

I also recall we used to taunt Rangers fans comparing their keeper Billy Ritchie to our man. It was a version of Campbelltown Loch I wish you were whisky!

Correct Big Frank corrected me on this i think Bobby only played 8 games if my memory serves me right.

18 hours ago, BigJake said:

Campbell Forsyth I'm glad your no Ritchie.

Great guy, & a fantastic keeper.