Bairns (A) Picture Thread 24-6-22, Youtube Highlights & Post Match Banter

Allan

8 minutes ago, KillieFanInToon said:

Bit sloppy all round going off the highlights, but a learning process for everyone.

In control of the game throughout, Falkirk TV highlights just make it look closer.

Although in a 7 minute package they still manage to capture Brad Lyons being a headless chicken and getting teammates into trouble. Him being anywhere near the starting eleven next season is a bigger worry for me than the defence.

10 minutes ago, KillieFanInToon said:

WTF is the circus tent about?

A visual metaphor of Falkirk's last five years?

2 minutes ago, Cill Mheàrnaig said:

In control of the game throughout, Falkirk TV highlights just make it look closer.

Although in a 7 minute package they still manage to capture Brad Lyons being a headless chicken and getting teammates into trouble. Him being anywhere near the starting eleven next season is a bigger worry for me than the defence.

A visual metaphor of Falkirk's last five years?

I'm just going off the highlights. I didn't think we looked in any trouble, just a wee bit more sharpness required. That'll (hopefully) come.

• Allan changed the title to Bairns (A) Picture Thread 24-6-22, Youtube Highlights & Post Match Banter
1 hour ago, Cill Mheàrnaig said:

Ball played into him, his touch is horrendous and McInroy looks like he's about to deal with it before Lyons steams in and takes him out. Then he stumbles into the path of Mayo leading to Falkirk breaking away.

Waters defending was more comical.

Falkirk do not look very good and we look shaky at the back. 

Innes does seem to have bulked up a bit. There is a player there. Just seen many a potential player not made it. 

Polworth reminding us he can be a playmaker. New season, new start, you never know. 

Must bear in mind during second half both sides made numerous changes which affected how the game was played in the latter stages of the game , some of our changes added an impact whilst most of Falkirk subs were all from same family called Trialist ……….most on the small side too 

At the final goal was obvious from the stand beforehand that Taylor had a sizeable advantage over the new Falkirk defenders and finished it well

I think fitness levels of lower league teams players tend to be a bit sharper at this stage - many of them operate on 1 year deals so they can be more focussed on staying fit throughout incase they need to win another contract elsewhere.

a few clumsy moments in those highlights, goals well taken from Ash and Innes.

How nice is that away kit btw 

26 minutes ago, piffer said:

The highlights don’t help the case for Waters to be involved this season. 

Waters and Hodson are maybe still involved due to their having triggered contract extensions.

I expect them both to be back-up if/when replacements can be found.