Deji Sotona

C4mmy31

Kilmarnock are poised to sign Deji Sotona on-loan from OGC NIce.

Football Scotland understands that the 19-year-old will sign for the Ayrshire side imminently on a season-long deal. The 19-year-old is predominately a winger, but he can also play as a number nine and he will bolster Derek McInnes' attacking options. The Kilmarnock boss is keen to strengthen his squad and we can exclusively reveal that Sotona will join the Rugby Park side.

Sotona began his youth career at Irish club Mullingar Athletic before earning a move to English giants Manchester United in 2016. The talented attacker was registered as the Red Devils' fastest player ahead of the likes of Marcus Rashford after training with the first-team. But he rejected the offer of a new deal and joined French side Nice after a phone call from manager Patrick Viera. The Arsenal legend promised Sotona the opportunity to play first-team football but Viera was sacked just months after he joined.

He moved to Brentford on-loan in January but he's now set to join Kilmarnock as he looks to make his competitive senior debut.

16 minutes ago, C4mmy31 said:

Kilmarnock are poised to sign Deji Sotona on-loan from OGC NIce.

Football Scotland understands that the 19-year-old will sign for the Ayrshire side imminently on a season-long deal. The 19-year-old is predominately a winger, but he can also play as a number nine and he will bolster Derek McInnes' attacking options. The Kilmarnock boss is keen to strengthen his squad and we can exclusively reveal that Sotona will join the Rugby Park side.

Sotona began his youth career at Irish club Mullingar Athletic before earning a move to English giants Manchester United in 2016. The talented attacker was registered as the Red Devils' fastest player ahead of the likes of Marcus Rashford after training with the first-team. But he rejected the offer of a new deal and joined French side Nice after a phone call from manager Patrick Viera. The Arsenal legend promised Sotona the opportunity to play first-team football but Viera was sacked just months after he joined.

He moved to Brentford on-loan in January but he's now set to join Kilmarnock as he looks to make his competitive senior debut.

I like the sound of him.

Wonder if we'll be trying to make him into a LWB as he's left footed and plays as a winger anyway.

Just now, maxyboy said:

Sounds quality saw it on football insider on Twitter came on here to see if there was any actual credibility. Remains to be seen but sounds a good wee player if we can actually get him 

Scott Burns has retweeted it now to, he's never normally far away with any Killie info.

I would be surprised if he ended up playing lwb, unless that was agreed with Nice. I suspect its more likely he will play in a front 3 (3-4-3/5-2-3) with Jones and Shaw or Lafferty in certain games.  Interestingly both Sotona and Dorsett belong to the same agency. A big move for Sotona because he has never made a senior appearance and he was tipped for big things when he was younger. A exciting signing. 

36 minutes ago, maxyboy said:

Sounds quality saw it on football insider on Twitter came on here to see if there was any actual credibility. Remains to be seen but sounds a good wee player if we can actually get him 

Football insider themselves are pretty reliable. Someone can correct me if I’m wrong but I think they’re the ones who wrote the original story on Alebiosu joining us